KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,252 Trump card
1,339,188 Picture Thread
478,020 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#67952 06/10/10 12:24 PM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
I've been looking all over for a reliable source for DFO builds but cant seem to find one. I've been hearing the word Destroyer thrown around alot but cant figure out what skills make a Destroyer. Someone help!!!!

Former KGB Member
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
you purchase this from the fighter trainer.. basically buffs your defense and melee i believe at the cost of a Mana penalty and that you no longer are able to cast elemental magics or higher. which leaves you with witchcraft, spell chanting, GM and LM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Destroyer is a skill you buy that increases your damage against someone holding a staff, and locks out all elemental schools of magic for you.

Most folks now are going Indestructable which increases your defenses by like 7.0. Since most folks can tell when you're in heavy armor that you're likely to be doing more damage when they have a stick out, they just put the stick away and run. Making Destroyer almost pointless.

That being said, if you're working on a new character Destroyer might be a good way to go, but once you get your masteries up on your weapons then you're gonna be hitting for cap anyway at which poing Indestructable makes more sense.

Either way you're locking out the elemental schools of magic so you'll only use one of these if you're not going to be a spell tosser. However, that doesn't mean you won't use any magic because you will still need Heal Self, Stamina to Health, and Witches Brew so that you can keep yourself alive. Additionaly you will want Mana to Stamina so that you can use all that mana, that you won't get much use of otherwise, to swing your sword and chase folks.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
And to add, if your leveling up or working casting mobs, like beguilers and wilddtribe mages, get destroyer while your doing it. As long as they have their staff out, and they always do, you will enjoy the benefit.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
I'm not a great at PvP, so take this criticism for what it is worth.

I think some people think that going Destroyer or Indestructible as an excuse to wear heavy armor. I would say Destroyer does not get any benefit because it only occurs when the target uses a staff. When you are in melee range, you are more than likely to see your opponent using a melee weapon, so there goes your benefit.

Indestructible gets some protections and 10 more HP, but unless you are super freaking awesome with a bow, you just lost your long range attacks. You do not have any AoE. And in my opinion, a weak AoE is better than no AoE. You can still wear all the plate you want, cast unburden and cast a few buffs on yourself from the elemental schools, and now you are better off than anyone with Indestructible. Plus you still have some debuffs or offensive ranged spells that the Indestructible doesn't have.

KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
Originally Posted By: Squared
I'm not a great at PvP, so take this criticism for what it is worth.

I think some people think that going Destroyer or Indestructible as an excuse to wear heavy armor. I would say Destroyer does not get any benefit because it only occurs when the target uses a staff. When you are in melee range, you are more than likely to see your opponent using a melee weapon, so there goes your benefit.

Indestructible gets some protections and 10 more HP, but unless you are super freaking awesome with a bow, you just lost your long range attacks. You do not have any AoE. And in my opinion, a weak AoE is better than no AoE. You can still wear all the plate you want, cast unburden and cast a few buffs on yourself from the elemental schools, and now you are better off than anyone with Indestructible. Plus you still have some debuffs or offensive ranged spells that the Indestructible doesn't have.

I say indestructible if you choose one of these specs, I am not awesome with a bow but wwhen buffed with archery haste even with my poor accuracy I could sustain equal dmg with a gravesong, if I had superior accuracy I would be way ahead honestly.

But imo if you want to be heavy armor just wear heavy armor and keep the added benefits of magic buffs grin

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
I think you could even make an indestructible using hybrid sets instead of heavy armor and using all the little offensive spells (blast, rend, needle etc.).
Not as efficient as a pure mage, more like "surprise, I'm not a noob and I don't care too much about your fireball".

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Destroyer =

High damage bow
Infernal Armor
r60 or better 2hander + keen = nice
utility spells & heals
FTW

Resigned from KGB on 07/10.
Former Member
Former Member
Pointless at this time, patch MAY change this but doubtful yet.

Link Copied to Clipboard