Originally Posted By: Squared
I'm not a great at PvP, so take this criticism for what it is worth.

I think some people think that going Destroyer or Indestructible as an excuse to wear heavy armor. I would say Destroyer does not get any benefit because it only occurs when the target uses a staff. When you are in melee range, you are more than likely to see your opponent using a melee weapon, so there goes your benefit.

Indestructible gets some protections and 10 more HP, but unless you are super freaking awesome with a bow, you just lost your long range attacks. You do not have any AoE. And in my opinion, a weak AoE is better than no AoE. You can still wear all the plate you want, cast unburden and cast a few buffs on yourself from the elemental schools, and now you are better off than anyone with Indestructible. Plus you still have some debuffs or offensive ranged spells that the Indestructible doesn't have.

I say indestructible if you choose one of these specs, I am not awesome with a bow but wwhen buffed with archery haste even with my poor accuracy I could sustain equal dmg with a gravesong, if I had superior accuracy I would be way ahead honestly.

But imo if you want to be heavy armor just wear heavy armor and keep the added benefits of magic buffs grin