KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,016,951 Trump card
1,338,810 Picture Thread
477,749 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#66184 05/22/10 10:53 AM
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
this isnt working
those of you who are trying to continue a fight when naked and enemies are in town it wont work
i understand that at times the bank is cock blocked but it isnt always
even minimal gear can help get the job done.
arrows and a bow is a good combo
mount and a sword
or a bag of minimal regs and weapons
these r a must if we r going to push geared people out of our city when we r at a gear disadvantage cuz of a suprise attack.
we need to try to fight togather at a central location cuz if we do not we spread apart and it is usless to try and fight for the lone person who runs into the 2 enemies who are togather
please expand on this and discuss this is a rant and i didnt put a lot of time into it i dont post much but i feel this needs to be said and discussed

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
you are right,

another point is to really call a buddy!!! i dont see that happening in the city.. only with sieges..

if you can get a fire,light ward on your back.. that spell protects you in the back with like 10 points of damage elemental protection plus the self cast shield + 2 points and your bone armor, all those protections together puts you to 20 points of elemental damage for 2:30 minutes.. enough to raise your survivability in a figh and to change their end.

Last edited by Mithus; 05/22/10 11:03 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
I agree with what Morlander said.

There is a time and a place for a naked, but when there are geared people fighting in the city, your best option is to grab whatever you can to make you viable and get back to the group.

Naked ressing helps, yes, but at the same time those nakeds should be grabbing something to increase their chances of killing the raiders (ie. Bow/Arrows, Garbage Gear Bag, etc.)

A lot of the time the few geared people may be able to kick the enemies away from the bank area at which point, nakeds should grab what they can immediately and get back into the fray. This can honestly turn the course of the battle. We have the advantage in our town because we spawn there; so if the geared people clear the bank area, then you nakeds should get to it, gear up with something, and get back to your group to assist.

If everyone in town is already dead and naked, obviously the naked zerg is an option, but as long as there are GEARED KGB'ers fighting the enemies; all other KGB'ers in the city should be focused on keeping those geared members alive, while at the same time, getting themseleves geared to help in the fight. Naked zergs do NOT work when there are GEARED KGBers around; you end up doing more damage to the geared people then you do to the enemy.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Mithus
you are right,

another point is to really call a buddy!!! i dont see that happening in the city.. only with sieges..

if you can get a fire,light ward on your back.. that spell protects you in the back with like 10 points of damage elemental protection plus the self cast shield + 2 points and your bone armor, all those protections together puts you to 20 points of elemental damage for 2:30 minutes.. enough to raise your survivability in a figh and to change their end.

That is another good point, having someone you are paired with will at least guarantee that you should not end up alone when fighting the enemies.
I would still like to see us be able to work together in larger groups, but that is a good way to start.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
I have to agree with all of the above.

We had them away from the bank for a good 3 to 5 mins.. Plenty of time to grab a bag and gear up and in the fight before they got even close to the bank area again.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
My opinion is that if you're going to be at the computer be geared. Even if it's a studded set. Just be geared, if studded is going to set people back on their bank let me know I'll throw some together.

We are going to have enemies, and the best way to keep them from holding the city for any amount of time is to be geared. If we get wiped, then we get wiped. At least were going to make them earn it if they do. Mithus has a good point as well. Don't go searching for a certain someone, just say the name thats closets to you and buddy up.

And remember... please DO NOT YELL, it doesn't help at all when you have someone excited yelling into vent. Most of the time when someone yells, I can't make out what the hell they are saying anyway because my ears are being blown out. And yes, my vent is normalized.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
And remember... please DO NOT YELL, it doesn't help at all when you have someone excited yelling into vent. Most of the time when someone yells, I can't make out what the hell they are saying anyway because my ears are being blown out. And yes, my vent is normalized.

exactly. I play with a headset that is noise canceling.. all the game sounds and your Yelling have a direct path to my ear drum.. never appreciate the yelling.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
I prefer we do things like what has been done all night long tonight.

push their shit in.

SB/ND come we push em, TFK joins in we push em, SB/NDGrief come back and just get spanked and ganked so many times they give up for the rest of the night!

Nobody stepped foot but for a second into the city walls.

TFK whispered iron chef QQing... =)

Good job tonight and all day long Knights!

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Crazy day/night.
600km to get home.
I start playing around 11h30pm.
I stopped around 12am after hours of pure PvP.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #66259 05/23/10 06:40 AM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Sometimes you caught with your pants down ...

I use Darka's patented "Oh Shit" bag concept. I label mine "Scrub" ... these are minimal PvP bags & I try to keep at least 3 on hand at all times.

I pack 2-3 cooked fish, 50 arrows & a R40 (or better) low durability bow, black bolt w/ 10, 15 or 20 of each reg & a 2H weapon ... I am thinking a robe is best now, as trying to equip multiple pieces of armor (leather or studded) in a pinch just takes too long. I'd rather use that time to heal up & buff. And that is it, a simple "Oh Shit" bag.

It's pretty easy to traverse through the keep, peek around the corner & snatch a an "Oh Shit" bag ... run, hide, heal, buff & come out with ranged attacks.

Donk would yell "Top of the Keep" when a trip or intell indicated a raid was incoming. There are differences of opinion as to the top of the keep being the best strategy ... but regardless of "where", the idea was to have a well known rally point to settle down, self-buff\cross-buff & ready ourselves for the attack. We do not do this very well.

I tend to agree with the top of the keep, it gives us some extra time, as the raiders have to get into the city & up to the top of the keep (even if it is 3-5s more, that could be the difference of a buff or 2 of prep). We also gain a single entrance choke point where we can nuke away if the raiders are trying to breech our rally point ... but that is just my opinion.

I think most of us have fairly well established characters now, even me with my casual play .. I have sharpshooter in the 90s and a few magic schools\R50 nukes up over 75 ... even nekid, I am able to hit for 20-40 per hit at range, as long as I have the proper bow\arrows & staff\regs quickly at hand. If there are 1/2 dozen of us with "Oh Shit" gear .. focused targets will drop.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard