KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,008,018 Trump card
1,337,852 Picture Thread
477,360 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#58969 02/10/10 05:40 PM
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
Firstly, I must say that Darkfall PVP is sporatic at best. Conflict is based around sieges that are MERC-tastic, pvp hotspots are slim to none, and the grind is everlasting. This being said, yesterday has reminded me just how aweinspiring and FPS like Darkfall has turned out to be, which gets me just a little ripped up about how good someone can make themselves with a character that isn't maxed out.

Lets face it, PVP near Andruk is good at times, but battles are hardly ever prolonged, often ending up in heated exchanges which soon turn into pitched battles that involves either running away or chasing after someone. However, the amount of skill between players is, at least in my estimation, a combination of character development and player aptitude for FPS games. While exchanges are brief encounters at best, every single Knight knows that seconds of battle often decide the outcome of the entire encounter.

That being said, I had a conversation with Rogee a couple of days ago and he mentioned that he has BF2 Competition experience.

Who here in KGB has FPS competition experience? (Ladders like CAL, TWL, or any other game-specific ladder) I need sparing partners, and I'm wondering if there's any like-minded individuals that come from the same background as me, because I couldn't convince my FPS friends to play Darkfall. QQ

Ok, this sounds a little elitist, and it's not like I won't play with anyone that doesn't have it; but I do wonder, out of all the new members, if we have anyone with that type of background.

Lately, as I reach closer and closer to 75 Fireball/Lightning Strike and 75 GSM, i'm starting to think beyond the grind!

-Syloc

Last edited by Syloc; 02/10/10 06:14 PM.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #58994 02/11/10 05:21 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I do, but I don't think that's really necessary. The thing to do is to go and play some of those FPS games that you used to play and get back in the fast paced groove. i.e. hone your twitch skill. And for God's sake make sure you play on a friendly fire server, otherwise you are shooting yourself in the foot. laugh

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Syloc #58999 02/11/10 09:04 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Get back in your hole Syloc!

Ahh the days of Quake I, Unreal Tournement I, and BF 1942.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #59044 02/11/10 02:08 PM
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
Here's where we disagree. Pubbing will teach you nothing, simply because it's random. Hell, I can go into any etqw server (cause that's the last league I played) and within 20 mnutes I will get banned for hacking. Hell just the other day, someone In KGB (which is actually the 5th kgber that has a acussed me of this since I joined) said I was aimbotting. (which makes me smile hehe)

To be frank, now that Kay left, there's no one left to emulate, so I need to either find like minded players to work with, or I will have to start going outside the guild for sparring. (No I'm not saying I'm leaving, but I have to get better somehow.

Last edited by Syloc; 02/11/10 02:10 PM.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #59053 02/11/10 03:20 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'd spar with you if you'd ever log in.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #59380 02/17/10 06:53 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I AM GOD OF ALL BATTLEFIELD SERIES AND YOU WILL BOW DOWN FOREVER>>> I OWN EVERY TOP SPOT IN RANK IN BF AND I WILL KICK UR ASS IRL TOO smile

TEH UBE

Uber #59677 02/22/10 03:45 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I placed first in a local Quake tournament back in the day and won a seed at the CPL tournament in Quake Con. I couldn't afford to travel to Texas at the time, so the alternate ( guy I beat/runner up) went in my place. He placed 7th overall in the tournament, so I like to think I'm not such a bad player smile

Also, Dog Pound was originally a 3wave CTF clan during the height of Quake World. We went undefeated in match play for close to 5 years and won 3 out of 4 Invite Capture Ring tournaments. Blood Dog still actively plays Quake and competes in tournaments, he's considered by many to be the top North American player in the world.

Check out this video of Team North America vs Sweden in the 2005 world finals. I've yet to find a game that matches the speed, twitch reflexes and intensity of Quake World. Not only that, but we never used voice communication like Ventrilo, all communications are done via pre-set message binds and proxy. You'll see the messages scroll by the top of the screen. Took RA @LOC heatlh/armor status etc. Most of the video is in Blood Dogs perspective. The models are screwed up, not because he's hacking, but because full bright skins were allowed to be used under tournament rules.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...ient=firefox-a#

Thresh #59678 02/22/10 07:15 AM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
I played a lot of Battlefield on PC and Console, But I never did any competitions. Ohh and Call of Duty as well.

But I wasn't half bad.

Last edited by Valaria; 02/22/10 07:15 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Valaria #59691 02/22/10 12:44 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you want competition, hit up some guys in our alliance if nobody in KGB can give you the competition you're looking for. Epic,Tox,Tups... there's a few guys that can give you what you're looking for.

If Ehwol ever get's his ass back in game, you can fight with him. He's gotten a ton better since we've came to Andruk. And when it comes to fighting Donk, it's like fighting 5 dudes and 3 of them are mexican. I think there is plenty competition around. As for Kay, he is a good player! But when he was on his NA character he wasn't near as tough.

Wolfgang #59700 02/22/10 06:02 PM
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
True. Ehwol got stolen by Mass Effect 2, so that's out of the question!

Meh about alliance guys, good players, but i've been playing with them the last couple of days and they are alright - not bad, just alright.

To be honest, there's plenty in KGB that can kick my ass - but no one that plays my style (Other than maybe Ehwol, if he ever gets back); which is something that I have to learn from someone else to improve my game beyond my character.

I'm telling you, the best way to get good in ANY FPS environment is find someone that plays your style and watch everything they do. Don't reinvent the wheel.

Last edited by Syloc; 02/22/10 06:03 PM.

Former KGB Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard