I placed first in a local Quake tournament back in the day and won a seed at the CPL tournament in Quake Con. I couldn't afford to travel to Texas at the time, so the alternate ( guy I beat/runner up) went in my place. He placed 7th overall in the tournament, so I like to think I'm not such a bad player smile

Also, Dog Pound was originally a 3wave CTF clan during the height of Quake World. We went undefeated in match play for close to 5 years and won 3 out of 4 Invite Capture Ring tournaments. Blood Dog still actively plays Quake and competes in tournaments, he's considered by many to be the top North American player in the world.

Check out this video of Team North America vs Sweden in the 2005 world finals. I've yet to find a game that matches the speed, twitch reflexes and intensity of Quake World. Not only that, but we never used voice communication like Ventrilo, all communications are done via pre-set message binds and proxy. You'll see the messages scroll by the top of the screen. Took RA @LOC heatlh/armor status etc. Most of the video is in Blood Dogs perspective. The models are screwed up, not because he's hacking, but because full bright skins were allowed to be used under tournament rules.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...ient=firefox-a#