KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,638 Trump card
1,337,362 Picture Thread
477,136 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
This is a thread that is very interesting.

http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=55413&page=1

Look at 2nd post on 3rd page.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Syloc, I know you said you cant heal someone when they are doing figure 8's n what not..

That is not really what the heals are for.

Those that choose to go support are usually not in the thick of things. on the EU server we used to set up Healing Stations that were slightly out of the thick of things. It was up to the rest of the people on our side to pull back for the heals and rebuffs.

In small scale pvp.. It may not be super effective but in siege warfare it does help. Granted we wont see a siege every day or every time we log in, But its good to be prepared. Can you go with out a support role, sure you can.

The main reason to go a support role is not to be uber and get lots of kills, Its to help your team mates, and Works best for someone that likes to play that type of role.

I agree with you that Support Roles should get all the debuffs and utility spells like Eye Rot, and Confusion. They will make things much more viable for them in small scale combat.

Like I said in my above post, I have almost always rolled a support type character. It is what I love to play. Even in FPS games I always rolled a medic/support style. It meshes well with my playstyle.
I am sure that once I have all of my "support temp" worked out and closer to complete, I would work more on the Offensive things.

Anyone choosing this playstyle and template better get used to getting killed a bit till you have enough knowledge to fight back more effectively. It is not a role for the masses. It takes someone who understands and likes this type of template.

If you changed Kay's or Mor's template up to be like mine, I doubt they would be as effective. But the same goes for me, I don't always do as well with the template that many have gone already.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Band 6
Band 6
I would contend, though, that with the power of some of these spells, you could heal on the fly just as fast. There's just no need for the healing station imho if you do heal other + sacrifice, + lay on hands + witches brew.

Even with support toons, I would prefer that we train everybody to be mobile, think on their feet, and be always, ALWAYS moving. At the very least, spamming confusion and eyerot while on down time. Although I don't know the cooldown on both those spells, but if eyerot is a lower cooldown enough, that's good support as long as you don't hit friendlies.

The fact is, sieges just don't happen enough. Although I would agree it would be more helpful then.

Former KGB Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard