KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 67 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,647 Trump card
1,342,526 Picture Thread
481,124 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Kay #55325 12/22/09 12:12 PM
Band 6
Band 6
Don't get me wrong Kay, I do not have ANY problem building up my character. But the majority of our member base DOES NOT macro, invest in their characters all the time, or has a sense of urgency to it all. If all I cared about was myself, I would shut up, becuase i'm close to becoming at level a little pvp viable. I don't need any help or more time.

However, I'm talking about the guild as a whole, becuase you can't pvp alone.

And if it's so damn easy for everyone, how come people keep complaining in vent about money and not being able to level up skills? How come, when in PvE groups, only one or two people have witche's brew? Then die because they don't heal up fast enough?

It's not that they suck, it's that they have one track minds. They want to help the guild so much, they'll stop everything their doing to help the guild. If we're saving for the guild keep, they stop EVERYTHING they are doing and give to the guild. If we're going ton a ship battle, they stop EVERYTHING and stock up for the battle.

If we build a city, they will stop EVERYTHING and put all their money, time and effort into building the city. (mining stone and what not).

You know it's true. Just look at the posts above.

Last edited by Syloc; 12/22/09 12:16 PM.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #55326 12/22/09 12:16 PM
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Because they waste their time. They make scale suits, and banded suits, and they farm rocks, and they chop wood, and they mine iron.

There's no need. It's a waste of time. You don't need studded armor, you don't need banded armor, you don't need scale armor. Stop sinking your resources. The only time you should be harvesting is with an alt. All time spent on your main character should be grinding. If you're not clicking, you're not leveling.

All you need is bone sets, mounts, regs, and r40 weapons and r40 bows. It barely takes anything to make a couple r40 weapons, so you hardly have to mine at all.

The only thing I buy is regs. Period. End of story. I spend money on NOTHING but regs. (and r40s if i run out)

Last edited by Kay; 12/22/09 12:17 PM.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Kay #55327 12/22/09 12:57 PM
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
As a noob to the game, I've been confused. Maybe we should create a guide or something. I know I'm not the only noob in the clan, so I am sure I won't be the only one benifiting from a clan guide. In the beginning, I was informed the only effective way to raise attributes rapidly was to farm. So I farmed my way up to the 30s over a few weeks and swam when I could. I can't say I enjoyed myself while farming, but whatever it takes, eh. lol. I've been kicked twice for unattending swimming, so I have a fear now of too much unattended macroing. Recently it seems that farming isn't as fast as I was told and that I can raise stats faster by just clicking on the blood wall. And with a simple macro, I just point and let the macro do my clicking to save on my finger tendons. lol. I break up the monotony by PvE for gold.

No, I am not close to witches brew. I've just now gotten my GM to 50. I'm not sure what I should be doing now. (a guide here would be nice), but I'll be asking in vent tonight, or I'll see the answer in a post or two. Tonight I'll just be swinging my sword on the bloodwall gaining stats and getting mastery and maybe get 40 Strength.

As far as the alliance, I don't care one way or the other. I was just unsure what we were doing. I'll go where KGB goes and play when I can play.

Trust me, I want the shortest route to viability. I'm not too fond of my pussy status. I have to add that as a clan noob I want to help with what our focus is. But my focus is diverted on our priorities because I'm not sure what they are. Skills, city building, keep, island, etc.. Right now I would say SKILLS, SKILL, SKILLS is the message. I'm OK with that. I just have to balance my gaming with my wife aggro. For some reason she wants me to cook dinner and eat it with her while we watch Law and Order. I tell her there is soup in the cupboard and L&O will play without my presence, but she doesn't listen to me.

#55328 12/22/09 01:12 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well let me address some of the issues here.

1) MC and Andruk.
MC has maybe 10 actives at most, and dont have any business owning a city. The chances of us being asked to own Andruk are slim to none. If MC cant gain strength, then when KGB is skilled up and ready for property ownership, we would look to another property probably. Who knows.

As I have said, until KGB can field three skilled and highly organized groups, we have no business owning anything. I will not sanction ownership until KGB can produce the forces to defend it.

2) Character Development
This should be your priority. Speak to those with advanced characters and simply put, do what they do. Your number 1 priority should be getting you character viable in PVP.

3) KGB island
The KGB island project is an un-official attempt to control a village point where KGBers can macro safely and we can launch ships, etc. This is something that can never be taken from us, so as a consolation prize to a keep, it is the next best thing. Participants are on a volunteer basis, and everyone should be continuing to focus on their character development only.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #55329 12/22/09 01:24 PM
Band 6
Band 6
There's a lot on the forums currently on character development, but I have to agree Squared, it can be confusing. I would look on the character template sticky for the main template ... as for a guide, i'll whip something up tonight so the newer players can get the jist. Just a matter of combining current posts so it shouldn't be news to most people.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #55330 12/22/09 01:29 PM
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
Who says you are all negative.
Thanks Syloc.

Oh yeah, I was looking at the Character Template, also known as the Charater Template post, but that was pre-expac. Is it still viable as a source of info?

Last edited by Squared; 12/22/09 01:30 PM.
#55331 12/22/09 01:44 PM
Band 6
Band 6
The Character Template is still solid, however, Volcano and Wall of fire is now on the same cooldown, so only level one. (Someone correct me if i'm wrong, I'm not totally familar with the cooldowns)

If you have all those skills, you should be good to go; but it doesn't go that indepth and it doens't prioritize which ones to get first.

However if you have everything on that list, you can't go wrong.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #55347 12/22/09 03:59 PM
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
Note to self: I play to have fun. I macro...very rarely.

The template is an uber char...If I need to meet those requirement to have fun, something is wrong.

Luckily a lot of peeps in KGB understand that and still allow me to have fun with them.

#55348 12/22/09 04:12 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Squared

Oh yeah, I was looking at the Character Template, also known as the Charater Template post, but that was pre-expac. Is it still viable as a source of info?

This exact question came up in Vent last night from RocknRolla. Donk, Kaotic, Kay, and a couple others were in the channel. The general consensus that came out of the conversation was that the start of PvP viability begins in BASIC with something like this.

Starter Template

Any 1-Handed Weapon skill > 75
Any 2-Handed Weapon skill > 75
Parry Skill > 50
Archery Skill > 50
Lesser Magic > 50
Greater Magic > 50
Witchcraft > 75
Any 1 Elemental school > 50

Spells you should have: Heal Self, Heal Other, Witch's Brew, Sacrifice, Mana to Stam, Stam to Health, 1 Lvl 50 Elemental AoE

Anything beyond this is flavor to your play style. This is just a general guideline to get you to be able to really help in PvP situations even if your not the DPS monster in the group. Being able to cross heal and support those with higher level in game weapon/magic skills is just as important as actually being the person dropping the Magic/Melee bomb's.

Well balanced, well designed, support role build's are just as important as those who charged up the Elemental magic's to get all the AoE dmg spells and are doing all the monster magic dps.

**EDIT**

Kay is spot on about leveling up your toons skills. You can hunt hobgoblins north of andruk, get all the R40 Bows, R40 1HD Sword, R30 1HD Clubs, R20 1HD Axe's, and Shields, you could ever want. In an hours time with a minimum group of three, you can easily farm 1-2k gold for each of you doing only melee and archery to kill the mobs. Bingo, your set for the night for regs and your building your cache of weapons. The only reason you could have for not building your toon is not having the time to actually do it if you don't want too or can't macro afk.

Last edited by Tasorin; 12/22/09 04:28 PM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Leeboi #55350 12/22/09 05:00 PM
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Leeboi
Note to self: I play to have fun. I macro...very rarely.

The template is an uber char...If I need to meet those requirement to have fun, something is wrong.

Luckily a lot of peeps in KGB understand that and still allow me to have fun with them.

If you have fun, I don't care. What I do care about is people who complain about dying, or not being competitive, but then do nothing to change it.

Sorry folks, this is Darkfall. It requires massive time. If you can't have fun having a low-end character, then get out while you can. If it doesn't bother you, then carry on.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard