KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,038,938 Trump card
1,343,148 Picture Thread
481,502 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#52963 11/11/09 10:38 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Knights Glory Project

(Group Requirements)

1. Min - 6,8,10,12 players (buddy system)

2. Everyone needs---

--ventrilo--
--Heal other--
--Heal mount--
--Launch--
--siege hammer skill--
--punt in 2 weps--
--waypoint hotkey--
--SKILL LIST COMING SOON--

3. At least one member needs---
--confusion--
--telekinesis--

(Rules of Engagement)
--Scout out--choose tactic--scout
--create escape rout, meet location--scout
--choose heal spot--scout
--periodic movement (on timer)--commander
--focus fire (closest left to buddy)--
--get in get out--
--one looter, two for flank--loot + utility
--commander waypoint (for movement)--commander
--everyone use waypoint (when scattered)--
--never hit same place twice--
--always use telekinesis for launching (more quiet, less regs)--loot + utility
--melee--partner one shield other attack--switch--
--zero argument time in battle--
--test--open field shield heal partner--

(Formations + Strategy)
Formations-- Group (using buddy system) --- Flank (using buddy system , two looters)
--- Scatter Battle.

Strategy-- High Ground --- Tower fight --- Mount fight --- Water fight.

(Job Assignments)
1. Group leader--Keep track of success rate, map mission rout, create group, assign jobs.
2. Commander-- Watch health bars (make calls), time periodic movement, make waypoints.
3. Scout-- Scout area, create meet location, create escape rout, choose heal spot, distract.
4. Loot + Utility-- First priority to survive, Loot, heal-players-mounts, re-supply group,
utility spell ( ex- telekinesis).

(Practice routines)
Formation practice-- Rotate between Tower fight, Formation Group, Formation Flank,
Formation Scatter Battle.

Thank you for reading, im open for suggestions, anything can change, this can be used anytime,
ill be holding late night groups, if you will be a late night regular (that sounds bad lol) let me know.

[Linked Image]
Band 6
Band 6
We talked about this yesterday, good to see it posted.

I really think we can get rid of the "looter" duties, seeing that loot should be an afterthought.

The buddy system was always in the works.

it's been awhile since i've played. What's so great about
--confusion--
--telekinesis-- ?

We should really use primary scouts more, so it's not a last minute decision like before.

Just like we talked about before, we need to start scrimming / dueling within our own guild more - especially since the skill level of players are so drastically different, we can learn a lot just amongst ourselves rather than killing random noobs. I really feel that if you can 1v1 effectively, then you're heads and tails above most people - the difficulty will be encouraging people to do it without it being an ego-stroke fest.

I think the 3-4 late night guys we saw yesterday is a good starting group. (If you guys are up to it)

Last edited by Syloc; 11/11/09 10:51 AM.

Former KGB Member
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Confusion will temporarily blind your opponent and possibly yourself and friends, but if used well can give you the upper hand as the enemy scrambles to figure out which direction they are going.

Telekensis is nice to have when you have several people needing to get over walls quickly. 1 cast can get several over a wall instead of 5 people all casting launch.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Band 6
Band 6
What the cooldown on that spell? Sounds like a Crowd Control spell for the glass cannon types.

Former KGB Member
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
not really sure on the cool down for it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Ok thanks for input syloc, so looting with one person will help mostly in larger battles, but it will also help with everyone else not loosing sight of enemy. plus if one person has loot , we can make sure he gets away with all loot and we stay back and fight , that way our mission is complete, keep in mind most of my objectives will be city infiltration not noob killing. confusion Id like to be used for switching position like tower to tower movement for example, they wont know what way we went. But we will cause of vent. telekinesis will be great for getting everyone in city without 6 diff launch sounds to warn enemy, and will be less regs used by everyone. And with scout thing , thats why before we head out everyone will have there job assigned so no talking all at once confusion , not too much pressure on one person to call all shots. And I totally agree with duels , it will be a big part of this group.

[Linked Image]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Nice to see this, go Bearrok.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 6
Band 6
No one should be looting. Period. Only after the battle is over should people be looting. imho. Sometimes, of course, you'll loot if you just killed someone and you're standing right next to him.

Although I have to say though, one person should be calling all the shots. (Although we should rotate this cause everyone needs to know how)

I think, at this point, we can't think about "missions" tbh. We need to master the basics. And that's ensuring people have the right specs, 1 vs 1 and Group vs Group. (Open field)

I think once we get proficient, we can get a little more fancy. But going too fancy right off the bat might be counterproductive. I think it would be more productive to concentrate on basic 1v1s and group vs group before we play around with city fighting and all. I think developing/copying open field tactics might be a better fit, because even in a city, eventually you'll be on even ground.

I know CN and TheMercs used to Bait-Kite us away from the city, then all dismount at once, scatter, and pelt us with arrows and spells - which was very effective. The buddy-system, also works, with one guy kiting and one guy Focus Firing. Etc etc ...

Last edited by Syloc; 11/11/09 04:42 PM.

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Well I understand if some people are not ready to do some heavy pvp and thats fine. If we start out only doin practice rounds that will be great, but how long will people be interested in that , you loose regs and gear dura and gain skill, plus some of the best pvpers iv ran with went out from the start and did well because of the experience not worried about ability's. And with looting I want to trial and error this because when your in a city and naked's keep coming you cant kill everyone then loot. merc's and CN would battle loot cause they couldnt kill us all everytime.
And one person will call the shots -(comander) the rest of the jobs will just make the little things way easier and smoother. some people are super-mulitaskers , im not, lol, so having someone pick heal spots, find escapes, loot, and utility gives action without thought or conversation = less downtime. I dont believe in one way to be successful in darkfall, I want to believe in adaptation of our own style. If it doesnt work then im not a fool, ill copy what works. I hope this makes sense. Thanks again for reply's.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Great post and responses. This is definately something to work forward on. We can only be as effective as out weakest link, which probably will be me. =P But in all seriousness that rings true. As long as we help each other and follow commands we can always improve and work towards goals, just like the ones you have set forth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard