KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Question to ours guild leaders and members too!
Im asking this only to put some action in our forums laugh

What could be a good place to guild development(Darkfall) in the long run in your view?

To be in the main continent or be safe in some island?
To be in a small trustable alliance or in a big alliance?

my humble opnion and view.

I would like to be in the main agon, probably in a city close to a chaos stone, like Tughri, out of the flashes of big(hot) cities like Aradoth,Andruk,Marsharl, one place that is good for both new players and veterans darkfall players, and like 30-60 seconds from a chaos stone, able to be in action with my guildmates even if I was a casual player and dont have problems with bindspots. One place that will be possible development in the long run, but too get in action fast (riding). I know that Andruk is perfect like that, but it will be always in the "flashes".

I would like to be in a trustable small alliance, rather than a big alliance. I dont know how is BoTs at the moment in NA, but I would prefer to be with them that with VG guys. I would like to see the KGB more independent. I know that is hard to accomplish, to be in your own. We know that the Big alliances in the majority always crumble with some exceptions of course.

Well, that is my opinion, and you guys, what do you think?

Last edited by Mithus; 10/26/09 04:50 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
This is kind of like what I was discussing. I think it depends on game mechanics that are currently broken. From personal experience, Andruk was the most fun I have had in a long long time.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: JetStar
This is kind of like what I was discussing. I think it depends on game mechanics that are currently broken. From personal experience, Andruk was the most fun I have had in a long long time.

Yes, that last city we had (not cbay, the other one) was horrible, like drunk monkeys designed it.

Former KGB Member
Band 6
Band 6
A lot of people were against Andruk, but it was fun because it forced people to stop doing solo/macro/crafting stuff - mainly because a lot of gankers in the area ... thusly people were forced to play actively instead of afk.

I haven't logged onto DFO for quite a while, but from what I'm hearing, the numbers are few and far between. That, and with the instability of the DFO community, even mass recruiting is probably hard because so many people are on the fence.

If the expansion does change a lot, I'm still for a larger - less dependent on allies direction of the guild. We were wayyy too selective in early DFO, and it showed, when were we forced to depend on allies to survive. Not that there's nothing wrong with being selective, but with the attitude and player makeup of the guild, the "hardcore" selective "elite" playstyle was not condusive to our playerbase. We just weren't that type of guild.

Still, without more info on the expansion, this convsation is a bit moot.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
The best, as rep wanted and if we have the number, would be Andruk for the activity and Apautan for an easy to defend city (if the new siege system is like SB).

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 6
Band 6
I would of much prefered Hyperion-like recruiting tbh. Play to Crush, and numbers do matter.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I pick Andruk over Apautan it is a pain & looks like drunk monkeys designed it.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you can hold it i'd suggest andruk to start with

The Super Nodes alone add up so much people don't need skillups to much at all

= Armor
= Weapons
= Siege Equipment

Most of you guys know how to get runestones and go use them and if need to bind in chaos citys or have more runes for farming runs

Just think its easy city to get in if your not at war

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Syloc
I would of much prefered Hyperion-like recruiting tbh. Play to Crush, and numbers do matter.

I will never, ever, ever be for this bullshit.

These are not play to crush tactics, these are play to suck. It's complete and utter fail.

Point and case: Darkfall is a game that people play to win. It takes more skill than any MMO to date and it literally ripped apart guilds that thought they were close. It completely separates WoW players.

Regardless of the hype, it's not about numbers. Numbers (really, really overwhelming numbers) might win a siege, but numbers will not have fun and will not keep people in the game. People have fun owning small field battles, and owning face during even numbers. Not winning because you swarm like locusts.

Play to win, not to outnumber. Love you, but I'm tired of this excuse when it comes to Darkafall hindsight.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kay
It takes more skill than any MMO to date and it literally ripped apart guilds that thought they were close. It completely separates WoW players.

That's real truth, darkfall is different from Age of Conan and other games like that.

Last edited by Mithus; 11/01/09 08:27 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard