KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hi, I plan a detailed response when I get to a more reliable connection. I am out in front some house waiting for a friend to come out, hacking the wireless so I can get caught up.

In short, I dont see how asking SB members to follow procedures is a "slap in the face" I always respect and honor KGB SB. If you look at the application closely, it asks people to explain their gaming personality and makes people read our historical and partially out dated governing documents.

I am not asking for everyone who is now a member to go back and reapply, I am saying it is real easy to pipe all new members through the standard membership process.

More when I get back home tomorrow.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
F
Fap Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
F
I do not believe I'm still a factor in KGB SB, but I was at one time. I came to KGB on Wrath, started as a petitioner, and worked my way up to Inner Council status. Then I had to quit SB for real-life reasons. I have not yet decided where I go yet on Mourning, since I had pledged my loyalties to two Mourning guilds before I ever knew about KGB, and I am at conflict.

But, after logging countless hours playing on Mourning before Wrath, a server where people are allowed to migrate their characters with full banks, I feel Uber has a valid point about the state of Shadowbane on Mourning...

I played some today (on my old non-Wrath characters). I was in Ventrilo with my old guild leaders and a guild leader of a former competing guild. One of their characters had 9billion gold in the bank. Another had 2billion. Their banks are full of all the best items in the game. That is what KGB is competing against. Mourning is a server where even the most 'honorable' guilds are guilty of duping, owning duped gold and items, treachery, and deceit.

If you see blue dots on Mourning, they WILL attack you. There is no question. Only definitive neutral agreements prevent that. It is of my opinion that KGB on Mourning can avoid the status of 'rpk' if it allows guilds that request and honor neutral status to be treated as such. Essentially, attacking first is self-defense in Shadowbane.

On Wrath, non-rpk worked well for KGB since, being one of the largest guilds on the server, smaller guilds avoided pk'ing KGB members. Also, the largest 'factor' guilds openly declared their intentions towards KGB.

However, it looks to me like KGB will be forced to deal with smaller numbers on Mourning - and in real life, the underdogs are usually labeled terrorists. Drastic times call for drastic measures. On Mourning, there are literally hundreds of active tags, where the vast majority will pk anyone they don't know on site. To be 'non-RPK' in the sense that Jetstar is stating would mean to force KGB SB players into enduring much frustration and hardship to experience who is who.

In Shadowbane, where 'play to crush' is the ultimate motto, a guild can still be honorable while severely punishing those who would go against it. Instead of condemning the KGB SB players to ultimate frustration of being easy targets while attempting to recruit numbers, please allow them to play the game.

Utmost respect for Uber. Utmost respect for Ruski, though I disagree with some of his stance.

Also, as far as Holrom, I have NEVER met a more competent, understanding, and capable leader in Shadowbane. It frustrates me to blame him for anything when real-life circumstance abruptly forced him to leave. Shadowbane is a game.. we've all been forced to close it for real life at one time or another.

On Wrath, when Holrom was gone, none of us could quite step up and lead at his level. Believe me, I tried my damnedest. To blame him when he left is to admit his leadership talent.

Uber knows what he's talking about.. and feeling like I know him, I believe he was holding back on his last post.

KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive

Since this is a place to post your concernes hear is something for all of us on Mourning. I think we really need to do something about getting our own TOL.
Hawks has been goood place to for us to start and Vaylor has been a good Nation leader imo, But things are starting to go downward. If you are ever in vent, you are starting to hear about how Vaylor is so frustrated about the way the nation is going.
He has on numerous occasion talked about if other subs dont get there stuff straight he will start to unsub or not recruit, and the other day i was in town and was attacked in a friendly way and when i started fighting back the guards attacked me and i didnt even hit the guards. So to me that a attack against KGB in there own way. For us not to beable to do any dualing in town.
I might be looking to deeep into things but we do really need to get our owne TOL, even sweetleaf who started after us on mourning has a r7 Tol and two mines so there is no reasong we shouldnt either. Its starting to get boring just watching everyone pll or farming. Its time to be a threat to this server just like the way it was on Veng. It
We cant even really recruite because we dont even have our owne town. Hawks have been very nice to us and making us feel wanted at first but i feel that things are changing.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I created a new thread to solve this issue, your advice and imput is appreciated.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard