KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#46211 05/22/09 10:27 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Hi,

I really wish, there'd be more groups going out to kill mobs, for skillups and gold. I've been trying to solo and it's not too hard, but every session ends the same. Some enemy comes along and grabs all my loot, and no chance in hell to defend it.

Working in group seriously reduces this risk, but only if some of the more skilled people help out. I know that it sucks to be on noob-duty and help people skill-up and get some gold (I did that a lot in SB, even though it was a little easier there), but I really do think its needed, as it quickly becomes boring to farm gold for the enemy and act as his target practice dummy.

I think we will lose people due to the fact that its NOT funny being useless for too long.

I'm really not complaining, because people are really nice to help out with a lot of stuff (gear, mounts, etc.). Thats why I stuck with KGB for so long (5+ years i think). I hope you (the high skill people) will consider this and help create a large number of high skill people, so we can go kick-ass on an even larger scale. And ofcourse those of us you help to skill-up, will have an obligation to take over the newbie duty, once we're fairly competent fighters.

Comments/suggestions are most welcome.

Last edited by AllYourBase; 05/22/09 10:30 AM.

Kind regards
AllYourBase AreBelongToUs / Borne OfFire

------------
Dude: "My thief BS for 800 dmg! Omfg, omfg, lawl, noobzorz"
AYB (drunk): "Do people take damage from being bullshitted? WTF???"
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hey, if you want to go out, ask others to group up. If you dont have luck with that, contact an officer.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Yeah... I do ask for groups often. I don't wanna put pressure on people if they don't want to. This was meant as an invitation to help, not a complaint ;-).

People ARe doing a lot to help, just not a lot of combat skill-up groups.

Kind regards

------------
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
If you are playing in the day time, This is very true. I usually take a group out harvesting before all the nodes are consumed for the day. I know that is not really skill ups for combat but the Resources are almost as good as gold.

The summer will be here very soon, and My son wont have to go to school. That will free me up to start some more mob kill groups. Or maybe we can take some crappy gear and go on a PK run?? Sound fun to you? You don't have to have uber gear to be successful. Everyone started in the same spot you are in. It takes time and practice to get good at anything, including killing some mobs.

But like Jet said, ask if others would like to go do some gold farming.. Have a suggestion of where to go or several. Sometimes even a group as small as 2 or 3 can accomplish quite a bit.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I've been holding back this very same thought of Borne of Fires (aka Allyourbase). Firstly he is correct, this is not a complaint, which is why it's difficult to discuss for me as it will sound like one regardless of how it's worded. Secondly I have personally played witness to his attempts to join or start groups, which for some reason is very difficult. Perhaps it is due to the fact that you never know who in vent is actually there playing and who is afk macroing, or that peoples agendas are not matching. I have taken it upon myself to create my own agenda because of this lack of coordination, which in the end isn't going to be any more productive.

The fact is we are being pressed in by the mercs etc, and that pressure is intentionally being applied more and more daily. They are building up to demoralize and break us. Which is creating difficulties for newer people to do anything of value. When your getting raped right at the doorstep of Andruk it creates a very restricted style of play.

Now I know the champions and various other hardend fighters are doing their best to fight off these incursions, however they are few in number, scattered, and disconjointed, playing in a isolationist way just among themselves. When you look in vent and see three generals and 3-4 champions in a channel all by themselves it doesn't encourage anyone to do anything menial, because you know that they are busy doing something and will not know about it or respond to it in time.

I know what some are thinking, "grow tougher" but my analysis of combat is that 3-4 underskilled, low stat, under equipped players don't stand much of a chance against 1-2 high skilled, high stat, mounted, well equipped hardend Mercs, no matter how many look outs you have or what your positioning is.

As Base said they farm us even for the smallest things, and I know that they know where we usually spend our time playing, and I know they know our ways of play due to their tactics. Their attacks enmass are different then their attacks on groups, the attacks on groups are designed to lead away larger more heavily armed and armored members so that easier targets can be dealt with, and usually involve deception, their attacks enmass involve large scale frontal actions with small scale deception to wrong foot our response, something we are not noticing when it is happening.

As boring as it sounds, and as unproductive as it is, I have decided to post watch around Andruk, away from the walls. I realize this means my skill ups and chance at loot, gear, stats, mats will not be met, however at this point I'd rather be aware of an enemy then be slain by one and the level of paranoia however you want to see it as, is greatly elevated to the point of being highly defensive, since we as a guild are not being as offensive as needed. I realize it's difficult to be offensive and proactive given our smaller number of capable soldiers, especially if we task them to "noob duty" but that is why either that must be done, or we need to mount a heavy attack on those who press us, otherwise we will just encourage them to continue as long as there isn't a response.

People might think that anything I call out or type in clan as nonsense, when I give baring, number, and arrangement, but remember if your going to ignore someone calling out enemy then you only have yourself to blame. Either way I refuse to be caught flat footed anymore, and if while I am on watch and I die to those I've spotted it is my hope that I will have saved some KGB from my own fate.

/end wall of text

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As a after thought, I welcome anyone to group with me to form a KGB Overwatch Unit, it will not be exciting, it will not be glorious, it will not gain you skill (other then crouch walk maybe), gold, gear, or women, but it will help create a useful network of scouts and watchmen capable of seeing trouble before they see you. These watchmen will be posted in a ring around KGB Andruk, and perhaps in other locations far from andruk, it will be dangerous, and you will be killed from time to time. Some people may not think it's nessesary, some people may feel it's overly cautious, and some might not see any benefit or reason to it, however if you care about the people you have been playing along side of, and take your oath as a knight seriously then you may join me, or simply accept your fate as one of the many the mercs will kill repeatedly over the next several weeks.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
In vent, it's hard to know what is going on in groups. I'll drop into a resource collection channel, and find it's a PvP group, or maybe a PvE group. I'll go to city defense, and people are gathering resources. Frequently, in all channels, people are idly shooting the bull, and might not even be logged into the game at all.

I think we need to exercise some channel discipline, and maybe provide more descriptive names for the channels we have, so that when folks check in, they have a better feel for what is going on with whom, rather than having to spam the clan chat channel.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
since we moved to Andruk it seems that the usual officer lead monster hunts got pushed back a bit... there still is a lot of pvp groups which is why maybe there is less pve ones going on.

Just seems everyone got busy and pre-occupied with new city... I do hope officers re-start groups for those people who either have a hard time getting groups going or just aren't comfortable with doing their own group.

Seems people gravitate to leadership run events more... just my thoughts!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Thanks for the comments so far. Again I really need to stress, that this isn't a complaint and that most of our guys are REALLY helpfull, in a all areas. We just need to up the effort in skill-up.

And remember we lowbies can be employed for others tasks besides killing duty. Yesterdaym, I went far south with Hare and Mor Lander, to farm som Bile and I only shot a few arrows throughuot the whole session. My primary focus was lookout, so Mor and Hare could focus on killing mobs fast and skinning them. It worked out fine and I did successfully report enemies approaching, resulting in our safe escape with valuable loot.

I will gladly "pay" for my protection in skill-up groups with a lookout duty as described above, once in a while. If there's some special reag or mat you seasoned guys need, I'll gladly farm it for ya as payment for noob-duty, as I firmly believe in value for value exchanges ;-).

@Valeria.
I know you've been starting farming groups almost every day and I hope you know that it is appreciated. This is one example of our seasoned guys helping out.

Kind regards

------------
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
In Khosgar this was a nightly occurance. We had gold farming groups nightly maybe several runs. At times we had multiple groups out. Initially a general lack of the mob camps around Andruk discouraged similar groups. I also think the organization of those groups is going to pick up now that Tasho/Jaguar is in charge of the gold farming and has some help.

I believe both Scrawl and Mor Lander have been promoted and were willing to help with some of the organization of pve groups. Mor was just promoted today and Scrawl is on vacation this weekend so maybe give them until next week sometime to get things going.

I think there will be a cycle to new players coming in and getting skilled up and moving onto pvp. Part of what KGB will try to do is maintain leaders who can run these groups as needed. I have ran a few of these groups so in a pinch me or other leaders can pitch in.

This is a weakness for us right now - gold farming for members and clan so I think you will see it addressed quickly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard