KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
In Batman or Punisher, for instance; people don't have red name tags floating above their heads. In fact, Batman and Punisher recognize the criminals/enemies by identifying who they are and then remembering their name & appearance. At that point you pass on the info to your buddies.

While redVblue *can* simplify things, and even be fun at times, I still prefer the complications of a non 2-dimensional system rather than Blah01 versus Bleh02. I'll take the complexities of a great story with plenty of mystery & intrigue concerning the enemy any day of the week over a cliche' nursery rhyme of red versus blue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i never found it hard to find the true bad guys flagging themselves i think the point is how you choose to go about things
but at the same time i know what you mean about guys riding the game mechanics. but at the same time if it was similar to the uo system there are ways to take care of business without flagging as a murderer to do it

T
Band 4
Band 4
T
Combat flagging provides one of the most important things ever implemented in an MMO, it stops *bitches* from attacking and simply running into a safe zone,logging out, or using any other game mechanic that would render them untouchable for their transgression. Combat flagging allows retribution; such as in the case of UO, I'm not sure if UO was always this way--but if you stole from someone, you would be attackable by that person until such time as the victim killed you. In other words--combat flagging is a vehicle for player driven justice. End of story. That is the only true purpose of combat flagging in it's original usage. It isn't complicated. We all know who who does what. If for whatever a reason a griefer needs to die but is technically innocent, don't be a sissy, kill him anyway. Combat flagging only stops the bitches that can't handle a real fight and allows player driven justice. How is any of that negative? The Punisher knows it's true, he doesn't care and will handle that griefer, he's not a sissy. With that said--Batman is gay anyway

Besides, it's not Red vs. Blue, people only made it that way. It's blue holding the option to attack or not based on his or her own prejudice and the red defending the cause that made him go red to begin with or killing the blue in the manner the red turned red to begin with, if that is his thing.

The mere presence of a red did not automatically cause a fight, unless you were a dumb "anti-pk" whatever that is. Don't even get me started on Anti's.. these guys look for fights more than the actual PK's. They don't defend anything except their self righteous motives to kill more than the guys they hunt down.

It's a bunch of symantic BS anyway. You kill when you have to or want to. Flagging is just a good way to allow player justice against other players.

This is another opinion based thread I got sucked into, anyway. I can't argue an opinion. So I'm done.

Last edited by Tuskil; 01/03/09 07:50 PM.
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
personally i enjoyed my days spent as a anti on pacific i had a guild of people who both needed and where thankful to have my protection
the area next to BYZ was highly dangerous and the people in my guild where in naturally weak by definition.
the guild i was with was a school for new players and weather that made me weak in your eyes does not affect me the fact is i did go looking for fights if you where red i attacked you the only thing to stop me from that course was your guild tag or personal reputation.
i would purposely sit hidden in the caves north of the institutes castle or hidden on the front steps waiting for someone to come along and atempt to gank a member of the institute or a local miner.
i spent my life making life hard for the people who truely desrved it in the area i protected.
the true people causing the greatest amount of turmoil generally where red and loved every second of it until the tides turned and they became the hunted
have to admit i really liked parts of tuskils post above but at the same time the narrow view of what many anti pkers did in UO kind of got to me.
many of my views in uo broght me to be part of kgb years later when i found you in swg.
i understand that red is not always a douche thats where personal reputation comes in i knew a guy in uo on pacific he was the guy who took me to pti castle after advantium took me in as a newb long before i decided to spend the rest of my uo gaming protecting that castle he was a very hardcore player imo countless times id catch him red later in life and i remember more than once hed tell me he was kinda stuck red cuz some blue guys he knew to be assholes where talkin shit he also commented that guild leadership was not real happy with hin for being red and putting himself in the position he was in as a murderer
weather it mattered to him or not he did what he felt he had to do and i looked up to him in a way for doing the things he had to no matter what
RAMIREZ was his name and hes a long retired member of kgb who is probly the biggest reason i joined kgb
from him i learned the oath and ideals of kgb and it was those things as well as seeing how long jetstar had maintained those ideals that made me want to be a part of the KGB
if its truely necessary i will attack (innocent flagged) players but i would not choose to easily
and as well if someone is red and does not have a guild tag or personal reputation to show he is truely righteous
i will attack them

Morlander
Of Righteousness

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I personally liked the flagging system in UO. It was very very rare I ever found a red who wasn't deserving of a good kill and loot job.

But hey that’s me, I an extremist.

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

I personally liked the flagging system in UO. It was very very rare I ever found a red who wasn't deserving of a good kill and loot job.

But hey that’s me, I an extremist.

I'm going to have to assume that you didn't know many reds, then. On SP, most of the reds were more honorable than the blues.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
SP was a completely different kind of server i hardly would count that server a server where quite honestly there was no innocent people every person who was on that server was there to pvp which simply was not what the original ultima servers where
kgb was around long before SP
and on the original server it was born it was very much a anti pk guild

KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
Very true, when we first started UO on Pac I was frowned upon on many occasions by helmhotz, katrina, and a few other members because my title was dasterdly.

Although, as we grew as a guild we found that anyone and everyone could be evil. Regardless of color. I know we all said Red=Dead, but in my opinion that cannot work. I myseld know for a fact that under the flagging system, I will be red. It is not because I will be Evil, it will because I will NOT tolerate any griefer. Either red or blue.

Last edited by Speedy; 01/04/09 07:13 PM.
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
helmholtz hehehe wow he helped pti make a nice militia on pac just before the t rammel/fellucia patch
didnt even remember his name till i read it

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Morlander, you have pretty much hit the issue on the nose with that last post. What Falx was referring to previously was KGB SP's difficulty adjusting to that at times.

As far as DFO and flagging goes, the above applies. Other players/guilds arent "innocents" as such, the game is built and marketed as a large-scale pvp game centered around guilds.

Thus, KGB's flagging policies will reflect that and differ from Pacific UO policies.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard