The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Based on the new Beta report.... Red = Dead? - 01/03/09 01:53 AM
Are they really going back to a UO style alignment system? How do you all feel about this?
Quote:

Are they really going back to a UO style alignment system? How do you all feel about this?

It was the best system ever. Combat flagging seems to be a lost concept. I feel developers have been extremely lazy with design. So this is a good thing with a system that has various degrees of combat flagging.
Actually imo the UO system was pretty poor. Alignement in UO had little to do with whether or not a person deserved the reputation that alignment showed. For me, I was always red, becuase I killed blue griefers, as well as reds. hell, I killed whoever deserved it, and many times they where blue. Also, from what I am reading, it is very easy to go back to a "blue" status, like killing a few mobs, so I feel like DFO will go along the same lines as UO, ie; Alignment color will not determine whether a person is a douche or not, and whether I would like to cut them down~

I agree with Falx.

Color status will not mean much to us in DFO, unless Jet decides we are going to Loreplay. Or unless it creates such an inconvenience that we need to prohibit people from going red under normal circumstances, because having everyone red would disrupt the normal pvp operations of the guild.

I do not forsee it being much of an issue though, since apparently you can declare unilateral war, like in EVE. I am sure most of the people in our faction with whom we share a mutual dislike (or even a unilateral dislike) will end up being flagged via that system so if being red is a pain we will avoid it rather easily.
I know is Lineage 2, red=dead, and flagging with PvP were simply terrible. SB pvp seems easier...
i never liked having to determine if a red player is not going to try something id strongly prefer red = dead myself
Quote:

i never liked having to determine if a red player is not going to try something id strongly prefer red = dead myself

This is exaclty why aligment systems such as DFO and UO failed at there intended purpose. Sure they create pvp, but you cant tell good and bad from aligment color. In fact, most of the people in my experience who deserved killing where in fact blue and played the aligment system to thier advantage. I have lived on the other side my friends, and a doucher I was not~
Quote:

Dude, our KGB logo and colors are Red, so we'll be dead!
i spent 8 years on pacific as a anti pk
i never once questioned those attacks i never had to go red to be the good guy if needed you take new tactics to see your enemies go down with flags the way i choose to play myself going red was unacceptable and more than once i took the road of no aggression in the face of no other choice but murder

Morlander
Of Righteousness
Having a flagging system like UO is no different than having a corrupt government. Think about it from the perspective of Batman, The Punisher, Spiderman, The Three Muskateers, or Zorro. Are any of them any less heroic than Superman or Captain America?

Well the thing all of the first group have in common is that they're all (technicality only, in Batman's case) wanted by the law. Hell, even Captain America was wanted by the law right before his death. Just like UO, using stupid rules to tell who's good and bad is, well... stupid.
In Batman or Punisher, for instance; people don't have red name tags floating above their heads. In fact, Batman and Punisher recognize the criminals/enemies by identifying who they are and then remembering their name & appearance. At that point you pass on the info to your buddies.

While redVblue *can* simplify things, and even be fun at times, I still prefer the complications of a non 2-dimensional system rather than Blah01 versus Bleh02. I'll take the complexities of a great story with plenty of mystery & intrigue concerning the enemy any day of the week over a cliche' nursery rhyme of red versus blue.
i never found it hard to find the true bad guys flagging themselves i think the point is how you choose to go about things
but at the same time i know what you mean about guys riding the game mechanics. but at the same time if it was similar to the uo system there are ways to take care of business without flagging as a murderer to do it
Combat flagging provides one of the most important things ever implemented in an MMO, it stops *bitches* from attacking and simply running into a safe zone,logging out, or using any other game mechanic that would render them untouchable for their transgression. Combat flagging allows retribution; such as in the case of UO, I'm not sure if UO was always this way--but if you stole from someone, you would be attackable by that person until such time as the victim killed you. In other words--combat flagging is a vehicle for player driven justice. End of story. That is the only true purpose of combat flagging in it's original usage. It isn't complicated. We all know who who does what. If for whatever a reason a griefer needs to die but is technically innocent, don't be a sissy, kill him anyway. Combat flagging only stops the bitches that can't handle a real fight and allows player driven justice. How is any of that negative? The Punisher knows it's true, he doesn't care and will handle that griefer, he's not a sissy. With that said--Batman is gay anyway

Besides, it's not Red vs. Blue, people only made it that way. It's blue holding the option to attack or not based on his or her own prejudice and the red defending the cause that made him go red to begin with or killing the blue in the manner the red turned red to begin with, if that is his thing.

The mere presence of a red did not automatically cause a fight, unless you were a dumb "anti-pk" whatever that is. Don't even get me started on Anti's.. these guys look for fights more than the actual PK's. They don't defend anything except their self righteous motives to kill more than the guys they hunt down.

It's a bunch of symantic BS anyway. You kill when you have to or want to. Flagging is just a good way to allow player justice against other players.

This is another opinion based thread I got sucked into, anyway. I can't argue an opinion. So I'm done.
personally i enjoyed my days spent as a anti on pacific i had a guild of people who both needed and where thankful to have my protection
the area next to BYZ was highly dangerous and the people in my guild where in naturally weak by definition.
the guild i was with was a school for new players and weather that made me weak in your eyes does not affect me the fact is i did go looking for fights if you where red i attacked you the only thing to stop me from that course was your guild tag or personal reputation.
i would purposely sit hidden in the caves north of the institutes castle or hidden on the front steps waiting for someone to come along and atempt to gank a member of the institute or a local miner.
i spent my life making life hard for the people who truely desrved it in the area i protected.
the true people causing the greatest amount of turmoil generally where red and loved every second of it until the tides turned and they became the hunted
have to admit i really liked parts of tuskils post above but at the same time the narrow view of what many anti pkers did in UO kind of got to me.
many of my views in uo broght me to be part of kgb years later when i found you in swg.
i understand that red is not always a douche thats where personal reputation comes in i knew a guy in uo on pacific he was the guy who took me to pti castle after advantium took me in as a newb long before i decided to spend the rest of my uo gaming protecting that castle he was a very hardcore player imo countless times id catch him red later in life and i remember more than once hed tell me he was kinda stuck red cuz some blue guys he knew to be assholes where talkin shit he also commented that guild leadership was not real happy with hin for being red and putting himself in the position he was in as a murderer
weather it mattered to him or not he did what he felt he had to do and i looked up to him in a way for doing the things he had to no matter what
RAMIREZ was his name and hes a long retired member of kgb who is probly the biggest reason i joined kgb
from him i learned the oath and ideals of kgb and it was those things as well as seeing how long jetstar had maintained those ideals that made me want to be a part of the KGB
if its truely necessary i will attack (innocent flagged) players but i would not choose to easily
and as well if someone is red and does not have a guild tag or personal reputation to show he is truely righteous
i will attack them

Morlander
Of Righteousness
I personally liked the flagging system in UO. It was very very rare I ever found a red who wasn't deserving of a good kill and loot job.

But hey that’s me, I an extremist.
Quote:

I personally liked the flagging system in UO. It was very very rare I ever found a red who wasn't deserving of a good kill and loot job.

But hey that’s me, I an extremist.

I'm going to have to assume that you didn't know many reds, then. On SP, most of the reds were more honorable than the blues.
SP was a completely different kind of server i hardly would count that server a server where quite honestly there was no innocent people every person who was on that server was there to pvp which simply was not what the original ultima servers where
kgb was around long before SP
and on the original server it was born it was very much a anti pk guild
Very true, when we first started UO on Pac I was frowned upon on many occasions by helmhotz, katrina, and a few other members because my title was dasterdly.

Although, as we grew as a guild we found that anyone and everyone could be evil. Regardless of color. I know we all said Red=Dead, but in my opinion that cannot work. I myseld know for a fact that under the flagging system, I will be red. It is not because I will be Evil, it will because I will NOT tolerate any griefer. Either red or blue.
helmholtz hehehe wow he helped pti make a nice militia on pac just before the t rammel/fellucia patch
didnt even remember his name till i read it

Morlander, you have pretty much hit the issue on the nose with that last post. What Falx was referring to previously was KGB SP's difficulty adjusting to that at times.

As far as DFO and flagging goes, the above applies. Other players/guilds arent "innocents" as such, the game is built and marketed as a large-scale pvp game centered around guilds.

Thus, KGB's flagging policies will reflect that and differ from Pacific UO policies.
so in that case you are saying dfo = uosp?
we havent even played it yet.....
uo was built as a large scale pvp game as well centered around guilds..
do u think dfo is going to be a all pvp game do you think people will not play it just to set up shops and socialize as they did in Ultima while others go stricktly to pk or in my case fight people who want to pk people who are easy targets so they can collect their valuables.
i fail to see what your saying unless you have decided what dfo will be before playing
maybe i have some misconceptions on what dfo will be maybe not but then i havent played it yet everything is hearsay
all i know is the type of player i am
from the sounds of most of the posts here the guilds gonna be very red which is very much not like the kgb i knew
i myself would prefer to not be a red target. probly comes from my history in uo its just not how i see myself,so naturally this worries me.
if i became red id be 100% sure you would find me grinding wherever it was fastest to get back to a non kos status
i have no problems following orders but at this time i feel it needed to voice my opinion and say that the color red for me generally applies to the color of my clothing not my name and id like to keep it that way
thats what wars r for.
should i expect guild orders to make me red?
if so then things here have changed a lot more than i thought
id really like to know whats going to be expected when orders come down
Quote:

do u think dfo is going to be a all pvp game do you think people will not play it just to set up shops and socialize as they did in Ultima while others go stricktly to pk or in my case fight people who want to pk people who are easy targets so they can collect their valuables.

What does this statement have to do with alignment? Just because you're red doesn't mean you have to go around PKing (or that other people who are red are PKs).

Having said that, I don't imagine many (if any) in the guild will be red, and there will certainly not be any decree forcing members to go red. Typically there has been an elite group that handles red situations. In the past they were known as paladins, and a group of reds has been a KGB historical landmark for over a decade, allowed to only the best, most dedicated KGB members.
as i said things changed alot when sp started it was a special server with special rules and every player that went to that server knew what they where going for .
if you truely dont understand what the above means. i do not think i could explain it to you..other than saying many of those types of players generally where innocent's and preyed on by pkers
and those type of people did not exhist on sp
generally speaking if you where red on a normal uo server 9 times out of 10 those red would attack anyone on sight esspeccially me
pacific was not sp i did not play on sp if i did maybe id feel different but the kgb i knew on paciufic did not like its members being red and im pretty sure that was long before the paladins
Paladins....handling red...

Can anyone say rawr? Rather elite order from what I hear.

Like I have said previously, the game will determine everything. What I am talking about it expectations and mentality... as mentioned prior, it is unlikely we will need to go red since you can declare unilateral guild war. Most of our enemies within our own faction should be flagged attackable via that mechanic.

And from what I have seen of the game, heard from people and see on the game forums... DFO = SP, not Pacific. Specifically, it will be closer to AC Darktide (AC1 pvp) and SB.

If this proves wrong, then we will adapt.

If the culture and community resembles UO Pacific ( though I find this extraordinarily unlikely) then we will assume a RoE and stances warranting that situation. If the culture and community is SB 2.0 ( highly expected ) we will stick with the same RoE (rules of engagement) we used for SB.

Also, we wont have a special "red" group in DFO... the game and mechanics do not warrant it. I wont take the time to explain here, but the info is out there. Maybe if someones bored and wants to start compiling Flag/Karma/etc threads and links so everyone could see them, I would sticky it.
I think as a general rule, a majority of KGB members will be able to play aggressively, and yet never have to go red (or whatever is the DFO equivalent). The KGB had to adjust it's tactics for UO SP to deal people who abused the notoriety system, and we did have the KGB Marshall's who were red specifically for that reason, but I for one, typically never had more than one count at any one time to my name because there was such an abundance of targets to be had that I rarely needed to attack an 'innocent'.

Darkfall will not be UO SP, but from what little we know of the PvP mechanics with respect to attack flags and such, there will no doubt be people who 'work' the system who will need a dose of KGB whoop-ass, so we will have to be flexible with our tactics, just as we did on UO SP.
We also had to adjust our tactics in UO Pacific. It's all about how the game is played, and how people can work the system.
Quote:

I think as a general rule, a majority of KGB members will be able to play aggressively, and yet never have to go red (or whatever is the DFO equivalent).

Amen. Aggressive is my style.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Based on the new Beta report.... Red = Dead? - 01/07/09 10:11 PM
"..but I for one, typically never had more than one count at any one time to my name because there was such an abundance of targets to be had that I rarely needed to attack an 'innocent'."

Is this really what KGB is all about? Because there were other targets you didn't HAVE to take a count?

I had one single solitary account for most of my UO SP experience (That means one character) and he was red multiple times.

My counts had nothing to do with "targets", it had to do with people taking advantage of the notoriety system and me killing them anyways as they tried to hide under the mantle of "blue" and the guardzone.

Honor leads us, no IT DEMANDS that we stand up for those in the right, REGARDLESS OF CONSEQUENCE (which is why red=dead and the UO flagging system was stupid as shit)
I should clarify my last statement about agreeing with UO Red System. I have no clue what UO SP is but it seems that is what most peoples view of Red for UO is and that’s cool. My statement was in reference to UO Pac.

Did I never kill blues? Of course I killed blues when they were being asshats. Did it occur enough for me to ever turn red? Nope. I found enough game with those forest bands of reds at the crossroads, graveyard etc, that I never really had to bother with killing blues.

As interesting as the discussion of KGB policies of a decade back is, lets try to go back on the topic of DFO.

I think I have made my position relatively clear, if anyone has questions about how I view flagging and such in DFO ask away.

If anyone has input on how flagging policy should work in DFO and you want to voice it - please do.
Quote:

"..but I for one, typically never had more than one count at any one time to my name because there was such an abundance of targets to be had that I rarely needed to attack an 'innocent'."

Is this really what KGB is all about? Because there were other targets you didn't HAVE to take a count?

I had one single solitary account for most of my UO SP experience (That means one character) and he was red multiple times.

My counts had nothing to do with "targets", it had to do with people taking advantage of the notoriety system and me killing them anyways as they tried to hide under the mantle of "blue" and the guardzone.

Honor leads us, no IT DEMANDS that we stand up for those in the right, REGARDLESS OF CONSEQUENCE (which is why red=dead and the UO flagging system was stupid as shit)

Circumstances at that time limited our flexibility. KGB Law was specific and demanding, and it wasn't up to the individual to determine which laws would be followed and which would not. I did not write the laws, but I obeyed them without question, as I have done for nearly 10 years in this organization, and I will not be second guessed by a new member with a grand total of 8 posts to his name.

YOUR duty as long as you wear a KGB tag will be to follow the laws as written. If you want to go free-spirit, REGARDLESS OF THE CONSEQUENCES, in violation of KGB Law, as a former Chief Justice of the KGB Supreme Court, I can tell you than the consequences may be...extreme. PM if you have any questions. I definitely have strong opinions on the subject.
I believe we should use the "beer mug and friends policy"....this policy states that the player either has a beer mug or has a friend's emblem on their uniform or they are KOS.
Quote:

1. Who are "those in the right."?

2. More importantly, who are "those in the wrong"?

3. What separates "those in the right" from "those in the wrong"? And no, a one-word-answer with the word "honor" or other abstraction won't cut it here. I'd like to see some substantial examples.

Thank you.
There is no room for "in the right" or "anti-PKs" in modern MMOGs. Anyone not KGB is either a declared friendly or a potential target. Operate any other way and you'll still be wondering if they were a "friendly" while you're re-spawning.

Why does the flagging system matter once we have a city or an ally city we can access? Is there a universal hatred from reds even in player built cities? If not, it's just a color.

If you're red due to killing declared or suspect enemy...so what. If you're red because you're a random douche pwning every noob that comes along...it won't be a secret...every victim will likely be crying on these boards or in-game. Those that think you *can* successfully function and advance in a current PvP based game using antiquated rules of engagement from UO, EQ or even WoW (bleh)...get ready for frequent dirtnaps!
1) You're in the right if you're KGB or an ally.
2) You're in the wrong if you're not KGB or an ally.
3) KGB membership with a demonstrated commitment to your brethren within this guild separates, period.

I AM my brother's keeper and to this I am committed. How I interact with others is entirely dependent upon them. Do unto me as you wish me to do unto you and all those other jazzy cliches!

Quote:

Quote:

1. Who are "those in the right."?

2. More importantly, who are "those in the wrong"?

3. What separates "those in the right" from "those in the wrong"? And no, a one-word-answer with the word "honor" or other abstraction won't cut it here. I'd like to see some substantial examples.

Thank you.

I only bring it up because the topic was about how we felt of the old UO system Re: Jet's inital post in DFO. But if we are tired of old UO talk then I'm cool with that.
Man fuck it im killing anything red. We better hope there isnt Blue healing in this game. That would put a damper on all the red=dead stuff because you would have to take a count to kill the person your fighting.
Quote:

3) KGB membership with a demonstrated commitment to your brethren within this guild separates, period.

Funniest shit in a couple days 4 sure!

Oh ya...and QFT. Pwnt Crim.
Quote:

Man fuck it im killing anything red. We better hope there isnt Blue healing in this game. That would put a damper on all the red=dead stuff because you would have to take a count to kill the person your fighting.

Exactly why the alignment system fails at determining whether someone should be killed.
Quote:

Quote:

Funniest shit in a couple days 4 sure!

Oh ya...and QFT. Pwnt Crim.

Dunlop you still don't know me well, do you? How can I be pwnt when that was the exact answer I was looking for? N (o_)(_o) B

Honor is the prestige you gain by how selfless you are toward your comrades and family, not your enemies. Enemies are there simply to provide plunder and fresh ass. It's the Celtic way. It is the way of the Warrior.
Celts ain't got the warrior way trademarked...It was tested and developed by us Danes, don'tcha know?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Based on the new Beta report.... Red = Dead? - 01/08/09 02:33 PM
Quote:

There is no room for "in the right" or "anti-PKs" in modern MMOGs. Anyone not KGB is either a declared friendly or a potential target. Operate any other way and you'll still be wondering if they were a "friendly" while you're re-spawning.

Why does the flagging system matter once we have a city or an ally city we can access? Is there a universal hatred from reds even in player built cities? If not, it's just a color.

If you're red due to killing declared or suspect enemy...so what. If you're red because you're a random douche pwning every noob that comes along...it won't be a secret...every victim will likely be crying on these boards or in-game. Those that think you *can* successfully function and advance in a current PvP based game using antiquated rules of engagement from UO, EQ or even WoW (bleh)...get ready for frequent dirtnaps!

Actions determine those in the right and those in the wrong. Typically, for a guild of a good size, those wrongs and rights are communicated through the guild enough so that 'mistakes' are limited.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Based on the new Beta report.... Red = Dead? - 01/08/09 02:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Circumstances at that time limited our flexibility. KGB Law was specific and demanding, and it wasn't up to the individual to determine which laws would be followed and which would not. I did not write the laws, but I obeyed them without question, as I have done for nearly 10 years in this organization, and I will not be second guessed by a new member with a grand total of 8 posts to his name.

YOUR duty as long as you wear a KGB tag will be to follow the laws as written. If you want to go free-spirit, REGARDLESS OF THE CONSEQUENCES, in violation of KGB Law, as a former Chief Justice of the KGB Supreme Court, I can tell you than the consequences may be...extreme. PM if you have any questions. I definitely have strong opinions on the subject.

I have some strong opinions myself. However, I was referring the the rules that UO was written under and the fact that BY COLOR, you couldn't determine right from wrong which is why a policy of red=dead was (and still is) not 'honorable'

I WILL BE honorable at all times. I expect the same from guild members. If the law of KGB goes against this morale foundation then I regret to say that I will:

1. Endeavor to change this (as I see it) bad policy
2. Leave the not so honorable guild

I do not forsee having to do #2 as I firmly believe KGB to be chock full of honorable folks.

As an aside Owain, I wasn't questioning your loyalty to KGB nor was I trying to rouse you by saying YOU were wrong. In the day and age of UO, flagging (for a guild as a whole) is extremely dicey to try and figure out (which is why I said red=dead was a dumb policy). I just hope that the flagging system in DFO is a bit better and it sounds like it will be but if it allows those murderers to simply go back to being blue (to escape justice by killing some mobs) we will be at the same crossroads with the red=dead policy.

The Beer Mug and friends sounds like a safe policy but you also eliminate those who could be friends.

Someone said earlier in the thread that he didn't hasten to kill anyone unless he was provoked (This is honorable) but he also said that he died alot waiting for them to make the first move.

Somewhere in the middle of that is where I'd fall.

Let me state that I am not calling KGB a dishonorable guild.
Quote:

The Beer Mug and friends sounds like a safe policy but you also eliminate those who could be friends.

I don't believe that would be the case. We've made many long term alliances based off of our actions in the heat of battle. Killing such a foe, regularly results in a mutual respect that we have frequently turned into an alliance or friendship.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Based on the new Beta report.... Red = Dead? - 01/08/09 03:06 PM
Fate, who determines our friends?

What I am asking is that if some random member of KGB is helped by 'John Wayne' does that person put forth his name or do we friend people based upon guild affiliation?

Combination of both, though individual friends are never "official", and often they might be friends with one or two KGB but fight the rest.

Friends are encouraged to join KGB or join a friendly tag.

Most people on a modern pvp server are hostiles, and I try to keep the friends list small , let alone think about trying to keep a listed of dozens of random friends.

That does not mean you will usually find KGB killing everyone they come across , because we dont. But, we reserve the right to do so. Generally I dont worry about people dying in a PvP game, and I dont do entangled personal politics.

If someone really wants to be friends they will join or join a friendly guild or get their guild to try and establish relations. If they wont do any of the above, its because the rest of their friends are enemies, and they are only friends out of convenience or with one or two KGB.

For DFO I am modelling more on EvE than anything actually, when I look for recent precedent and clues in establishing policy. Eve = open pvp sandbox game with territory, just like DFO. It might play totally differently in the character-level mechanics, being in space and all... but the guild/flagging/territory/ownership/etc are all very similar.
Both imo. Don't mistake the an aggressively pro-KGB stance as an indicator that I'm advocating we all become random-PK douches. You're absolutely correct in saying this guild is "chocked full" of honorable players. Environment dictates response however and in a sandbox PVP environment, a policy of "enemy until proven friend," is not just advisable, it's necessary!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Based on the new Beta report.... Red = Dead? - 01/08/09 05:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, to PvP on a PvP server is why I am here. I just joined KGB because when I do kill people I would like to do it with a guild full of people with like minds.

Honor isn't a word I throw around lightly. I don't mind the killing of folks (in fact I encourage it), but I do like to have a purpose (an honorable one)
You're in the right place brotha!
Guys, we still know very little about the alignment system in DFO, but I can tell you how the modern KGB Rules of Engagement worked. Here was the system we used in AOC. I imagine our DFO ROE will be adapted but similiar

Quote:

In order to take part in the KGB AOC faction, you must read and agree to the following documents. All members and leaders will be held to the rules as defined below. See the statement on replying to this thread below. PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT in this thread. Start a new thread if you have questions or comments. This thread should include ONLY "I agree and understand", and your signature. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to be added to the in game organization, you must read and sign with a reply. As High King, I have instructed the High Chancellor to not allow anyone to wear the KGB Guild Title in game without their signature present in this thread.

KGB AGE OF CONAN RULES OF CONDUCT

SECTION 1: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

Clause 1: You may never, under any circumstances, attack or kill a member of our Alliance
If you have problems with someone, you can contact leadership and they will deal with it through diplomatic channels.
Clause 2: If an individual is not an ally, assume he/she is a threat. You may engage first. The highest ranking officer present at the scene at the time will make that decision. However, above all act honorably. No griefing, trash talking. Conversations are fine, but represent the honor of the guild well in both deed and in word. There will be no special circumstances, no exceptions. No, "Wait, I am an allied GM's friend's Mother's Cousin". If you are not a labeled member of an Allied organization, shoot first and ask questions later. You can always res or return loot.

SECTION 2: GENERAL CONDUCT

Clause 1:Each member must know and understand the rules of KGB. Please make sure you understand the basic rules of KGB and the KGB System. This was updated in January of 2007, please don't assume you understand, take the time to review the links below:
The KGB National Archives - Home of the Governing Documents
Quick Section Links:
The KGB Bill of Rights and Conduct (General Orders)
The KGB Articles of Confederation (Faction Government)
The KGB CONSTITUTION (General Government Structure)
Clause 2:This is a re-post of General Order 2 from the KGB Bill of Rights and Conduct and is KEY:
Quote:

General Order 2: "Thou shalt swear faith to no other nation but KGB”
You are exclusively a Citizen of the KGB. You must put the goals of the KGB ahead of your own, and to put your loyalty to the KGB above all else. As a KGB citizen, you must not be a member of any other organization in any land where the KGB has a presence. In lands where the KGB does not have a presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB (for instance, you are a member of the XXX organization in a game called Kill Everyone Online, and the KGB is a foe of XXX in another world). If KGB leadership determines there is a conflict of interest, then you would be asked to either leave the other organization, or renounce your KGB citizenship. (see the complete General Order for information on OPEN Factions)

Clause 3:Statement from the KGB High King
Quote:

GETTING STARTED ON THE RIGHT TRACK
I want to get things started off right and try to avoid the divisive issues that have hurt us in the past.

GAMING STYLE -
First off, we all know there are power gamers in this guild, and there are casual players. There always seems to be a problem when the few out level the many. In AoC this is a good thing. Because those level 80 players will be able to invite you to sieges and make you their level, only level 80 players can do it. Please do not hound these power players about power leveling. There first order is to get to level 80 as fast as possible then assist others. Please respect this and those that choose to make the ultimate commitment and be some of the first people to get to 80.

THIS IS FFA!
Secondly, we all know this is a FFA game and your going to die. Complaining in guild chat at the higher levels is not acceptable and it's just going to divide us more. We are in an Alliance, use it. Find groups of folks with like time commitments and work with them. There should be a large pool to choose from with over 200+ members in the alliance. When the guys get to 80, yes i expect them to go out and kill people left and right to help the lower folks out, but until they get 80 I want them not stop for anything or anyone. Lets forgo drama.

CRAFTING -
I would also like to remind people it doesn't take people in AoC long to collect materials for crafters, and we are gonna need a huge amount of wood for the guild city. So if some of you could get the skill to do that, I'm sure your guild mates will appreciate it. We will post a name for you to send the materials to. Also look for leather and items of that nature off of mobs as drops when they die.

We are all adults and we want to enjoy the game. Remember, Officers are not babysitters, and whining, complaining or just being down right negative will not be tolorated. It hurts guild morale, starts unwanted drama, and ruins the gaming experience for everyone. I want everyone to know that I am going to be PROACTIVE in dealing with this kind of thing. I am going to have officers report to me in detail. I am not going to allow anyone to interfere with our success in this endeavor.

SECTION 3: ENFORCEMENT OF KGB RULES

Clause 1:As defined in Section 3 of the KGB Articles of Confederation, Faction Leaders holding the rank of (GM2/F5) High Chancellor, (F4) Chancellor, or (F3) Vice Chancellor has the power (Quoted from Articles of Confederation Section 3, Clause 3) "To remove a member or officer of KGB from their factions stone/roster/TS/Vent immediately at any time. **In such a case, it should then go IMMEDIATELY to the Court and the Senate , and the faction leadership should be REQUIRED to submit an incident report to Court/Senate/HK/Someone explaining why it was necessary, what charges they wish to bring, etc."
Clause 2:Even if removed from the in game Organization, you must adhere to all KGB rules and regulations if you wish to retain your overall KGB citizenship. You remain a KGB Citizen despite your affiliation with the in game Organization and you retain your accountability for your actions.
Clause 3:Upon review and process from the KGB Supreme Court, removed members may be reinstated after consequences have been completed.

You are all correct actually. The biggest challenges in DFO imo is the fact that people won't have names and tags above their head. Yes, they will be able to wear uniforms, but this will likely result in people duplicating said uniforms in order to use game mechanics to their advantage.

This will also result in a rather difficult way of tagging someone red/blue unless they friggin glow red, which is doubtful.

So, as Derid has said many times, MUCH if not ALL will be dictated by in-game mechanics. Until we see hard blueprints, or are able to see the game ourselves, all is speculation. We can simply tell you what We'd LIKE to do, if the game mechanics allow.
You know, if there's no tags/names; how does even one know if someone's friend or foe until you get real close? Are they depending on guilds to mandate heraldry in order to see if the guy is friend or foe? According to the "preview", you can't see the name from a distance ... meaning even if you see someone coming, unless they're in full guild colors/heraldry, you won't know who he is.

Again, just guessing though.
We are in violent agreement then. Let's have a drink!
Quote:

Celts ain't got the warrior way trademarked...It was tested and developed by us Danes, don'tcha know?

LIES!
© The KGB Oracle