KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Are they really going back to a UO style alignment system? How do you all feel about this?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
T
Band 4
Band 4
T
Quote:

Are they really going back to a UO style alignment system? How do you all feel about this?

It was the best system ever. Combat flagging seems to be a lost concept. I feel developers have been extremely lazy with design. So this is a good thing with a system that has various degrees of combat flagging.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Actually imo the UO system was pretty poor. Alignement in UO had little to do with whether or not a person deserved the reputation that alignment showed. For me, I was always red, becuase I killed blue griefers, as well as reds. hell, I killed whoever deserved it, and many times they where blue. Also, from what I am reading, it is very easy to go back to a "blue" status, like killing a few mobs, so I feel like DFO will go along the same lines as UO, ie; Alignment color will not determine whether a person is a douche or not, and whether I would like to cut them down~

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I agree with Falx.

Color status will not mean much to us in DFO, unless Jet decides we are going to Loreplay. Or unless it creates such an inconvenience that we need to prohibit people from going red under normal circumstances, because having everyone red would disrupt the normal pvp operations of the guild.

I do not forsee it being much of an issue though, since apparently you can declare unilateral war, like in EVE. I am sure most of the people in our faction with whom we share a mutual dislike (or even a unilateral dislike) will end up being flagged via that system so if being red is a pain we will avoid it rather easily.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I know is Lineage 2, red=dead, and flagging with PvP were simply terrible. SB pvp seems easier...

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i never liked having to determine if a red player is not going to try something id strongly prefer red = dead myself

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

i never liked having to determine if a red player is not going to try something id strongly prefer red = dead myself

This is exaclty why aligment systems such as DFO and UO failed at there intended purpose. Sure they create pvp, but you cant tell good and bad from aligment color. In fact, most of the people in my experience who deserved killing where in fact blue and played the aligment system to thier advantage. I have lived on the other side my friends, and a doucher I was not~

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Dude, our KGB logo and colors are Red, so we'll be dead!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i spent 8 years on pacific as a anti pk
i never once questioned those attacks i never had to go red to be the good guy if needed you take new tactics to see your enemies go down with flags the way i choose to play myself going red was unacceptable and more than once i took the road of no aggression in the face of no other choice but murder

Morlander
Of Righteousness

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Having a flagging system like UO is no different than having a corrupt government. Think about it from the perspective of Batman, The Punisher, Spiderman, The Three Muskateers, or Zorro. Are any of them any less heroic than Superman or Captain America?

Well the thing all of the first group have in common is that they're all (technicality only, in Batman's case) wanted by the law. Hell, even Captain America was wanted by the law right before his death. Just like UO, using stupid rules to tell who's good and bad is, well... stupid.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard