KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,054,712 Trump card
1,347,944 Picture Thread
483,290 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Quote:

1) You're in the right if you're KGB or an ally.
2) You're in the wrong if you're not KGB or an ally.
3) KGB membership with a demonstrated commitment to your brethren within this guild separates, period.

Funniest shit in a couple days 4 sure!

Oh ya...and QFT. Pwnt Crim.

Dunlop you still don't know me well, do you? How can I be pwnt when that was the exact answer I was looking for? N (o_)(_o) B

Honor is the prestige you gain by how selfless you are toward your comrades and family, not your enemies. Enemies are there simply to provide plunder and fresh ass. It's the Celtic way. It is the way of the Warrior.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Band 5
Band 5
Celts ain't got the warrior way trademarked...It was tested and developed by us Danes, don'tcha know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

There is no room for "in the right" or "anti-PKs" in modern MMOGs. Anyone not KGB is either a declared friendly or a potential target. Operate any other way and you'll still be wondering if they were a "friendly" while you're re-spawning.

Why does the flagging system matter once we have a city or an ally city we can access? Is there a universal hatred from reds even in player built cities? If not, it's just a color.

If you're red due to killing declared or suspect enemy...so what. If you're red because you're a random douche pwning every noob that comes along...it won't be a secret...every victim will likely be crying on these boards or in-game. Those that think you *can* successfully function and advance in a current PvP based game using antiquated rules of engagement from UO, EQ or even WoW (bleh)...get ready for frequent dirtnaps!

Actions determine those in the right and those in the wrong. Typically, for a guild of a good size, those wrongs and rights are communicated through the guild enough so that 'mistakes' are limited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Quote:

"..but I for one, typically never had more than one count at any one time to my name because there was such an abundance of targets to be had that I rarely needed to attack an 'innocent'."

Is this really what KGB is all about? Because there were other targets you didn't HAVE to take a count?

I had one single solitary account for most of my UO SP experience (That means one character) and he was red multiple times.

My counts had nothing to do with "targets", it had to do with people taking advantage of the notoriety system and me killing them anyways as they tried to hide under the mantle of "blue" and the guardzone.

Honor leads us, no IT DEMANDS that we stand up for those in the right, REGARDLESS OF CONSEQUENCE (which is why red=dead and the UO flagging system was stupid as shit)

Circumstances at that time limited our flexibility. KGB Law was specific and demanding, and it wasn't up to the individual to determine which laws would be followed and which would not. I did not write the laws, but I obeyed them without question, as I have done for nearly 10 years in this organization, and I will not be second guessed by a new member with a grand total of 8 posts to his name.

YOUR duty as long as you wear a KGB tag will be to follow the laws as written. If you want to go free-spirit, REGARDLESS OF THE CONSEQUENCES, in violation of KGB Law, as a former Chief Justice of the KGB Supreme Court, I can tell you than the consequences may be...extreme. PM if you have any questions. I definitely have strong opinions on the subject.

I have some strong opinions myself. However, I was referring the the rules that UO was written under and the fact that BY COLOR, you couldn't determine right from wrong which is why a policy of red=dead was (and still is) not 'honorable'

I WILL BE honorable at all times. I expect the same from guild members. If the law of KGB goes against this morale foundation then I regret to say that I will:

1. Endeavor to change this (as I see it) bad policy
2. Leave the not so honorable guild

I do not forsee having to do #2 as I firmly believe KGB to be chock full of honorable folks.

As an aside Owain, I wasn't questioning your loyalty to KGB nor was I trying to rouse you by saying YOU were wrong. In the day and age of UO, flagging (for a guild as a whole) is extremely dicey to try and figure out (which is why I said red=dead was a dumb policy). I just hope that the flagging system in DFO is a bit better and it sounds like it will be but if it allows those murderers to simply go back to being blue (to escape justice by killing some mobs) we will be at the same crossroads with the red=dead policy.

The Beer Mug and friends sounds like a safe policy but you also eliminate those who could be friends.

Someone said earlier in the thread that he didn't hasten to kill anyone unless he was provoked (This is honorable) but he also said that he died alot waiting for them to make the first move.

Somewhere in the middle of that is where I'd fall.

Let me state that I am not calling KGB a dishonorable guild.

Last edited by Kiffen; 01/08/09 08:00 AM.
Band 7
Band 7
Quote:

The Beer Mug and friends sounds like a safe policy but you also eliminate those who could be friends.

I don't believe that would be the case. We've made many long term alliances based off of our actions in the heat of battle. Killing such a foe, regularly results in a mutual respect that we have frequently turned into an alliance or friendship.

Former KGB Member
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fate, who determines our friends?

What I am asking is that if some random member of KGB is helped by 'John Wayne' does that person put forth his name or do we friend people based upon guild affiliation?

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Combination of both, though individual friends are never "official", and often they might be friends with one or two KGB but fight the rest.

Friends are encouraged to join KGB or join a friendly tag.

Most people on a modern pvp server are hostiles, and I try to keep the friends list small , let alone think about trying to keep a listed of dozens of random friends.

That does not mean you will usually find KGB killing everyone they come across , because we dont. But, we reserve the right to do so. Generally I dont worry about people dying in a PvP game, and I dont do entangled personal politics.

If someone really wants to be friends they will join or join a friendly guild or get their guild to try and establish relations. If they wont do any of the above, its because the rest of their friends are enemies, and they are only friends out of convenience or with one or two KGB.

For DFO I am modelling more on EvE than anything actually, when I look for recent precedent and clues in establishing policy. Eve = open pvp sandbox game with territory, just like DFO. It might play totally differently in the character-level mechanics, being in space and all... but the guild/flagging/territory/ownership/etc are all very similar.

Band 5
Band 5
Both imo. Don't mistake the an aggressively pro-KGB stance as an indicator that I'm advocating we all become random-PK douches. You're absolutely correct in saying this guild is "chocked full" of honorable players. Environment dictates response however and in a sandbox PVP environment, a policy of "enemy until proven friend," is not just advisable, it's necessary!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get me wrong, to PvP on a PvP server is why I am here. I just joined KGB because when I do kill people I would like to do it with a guild full of people with like minds.

Honor isn't a word I throw around lightly. I don't mind the killing of folks (in fact I encourage it), but I do like to have a purpose (an honorable one)

Band 5
Band 5
You're in the right place brotha!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard