KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#33884 11/05/08 10:06 AM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Has KGB decided on what factions and/or races we will be allowing or using? What about our given purpose or role fictional or otherwise? Should we have a story for this? What's the economic plan? What projects are going to be fully funded in game if taxes are imposed? With Derid leading a factional government and Jet speaking about full efforts of KGB, is the factional government going to operate outside of a full kgb government or is the factional government going to be the only form of KGB government?

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #33885 11/05/08 10:25 AM
Band 7
Band 7
From my understanding (and Derid will correct me if I'm wrong), the factional leadership will have full jurisdiction over this game. As always, the National leadership will probably be keeping a close eye on things.

Derid is still deciding on what race to go, as there is alot to take into account the way the game is structured. I can tell you that form the game structure, there are really only three choices: The human and friends, the orc and friends, and the Afram (sp as I'm not looking it up). All of which will have their downsides and so forth.

Faction leadership is currently having long discussions about which direction KGB will be headed in DFO. I'm sure as son as anything is put in concrete by Derid, there will be an announcement.

Former KGB Member
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
When KGB is in factions, the faction leadership always leads. The Federal Faction (Hk, and Pms) Are there to offer advice and any assistance that they can. With me not planning on playing Darkfall, I will probably just be helping Derid manage the applications on the board and setting up anything that he may need on an admin level. Romeo and Jet will probably be more assistance to him since they will be in game.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Drakiis #33887 11/05/08 10:35 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Race is undecided, pending more data and feedback from people in general. I would prefer not to go Ork, as a personal preference but that option is still technically open. I personally lean Alfar, but in all honestly the geographic and racial bonuses and how they play out in the live game will be the largest factor.

As far as taxes, yes there will be taxes if in-game, no I am not certain yet what that level will be. It will depend on the needs at the time, and the reasons and usage of tax money will be fully disclosed if and when a tax is implemeted. This dept will be managed directly by Heidi.

Not sure exactly what you mean with the governmental questions, but the faction will be run entirely at the faction level.

Our given purpose and role, is to have fun. There is currently no fiction planned to RP by, though some light fiction might not hurt. Ultimately I would like to see KGB arise to become a significant nation-state in the game world, though currently the possibility of a building/guerrila stage is strong, a lot depends on our showing.

If we average 15 ppl a night and 5 during the day, we probably arent going to conquer large swaths of territory off the bat. Instead we will focus on our combat expertise, finding the right people to add to the team, and building pragmatic relationships with other organizations. Things like trading our swords for goods and services, city access, etc.

If 120 KGBers show and we have a solid 40-50 on a night, we might be sieging off the bat.

Or perhaps if shipping goods on the high seas is common and a necesarry part of the DFO economy, we might entertain ourselves by commandeering our opponents shipping vessels and confiscating contraband from their cargo holds.

A lot we will have to play by ear, but I am confident that there will be endless opportunity for meaningfull (in a gameplay sense) organized activity to take place on a daily basis.

Derid #33888 11/05/08 10:58 AM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
right on.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #33889 11/05/08 01:46 PM
Missing in Action - October 2021
I had hoped to bring my budding EvE online Donut baking business to the world of Darkfall...will there be room for donut making Derid? As well as crushing my competitors out of buisness with stongarm tactics and undercuting??? Corporate donut espionage anyone???

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin
chaulootz #33890 11/05/08 03:58 PM
Band 7
Band 7
Donuts are only a viable tactic if used for a weight gain snare.

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Will there be a crafting arm of this faction?

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Arginal #33892 11/05/08 07:53 PM
I don't know, lootz... this recession is hitting the donut trade pretty trade or so I've heard.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Chaulootz, I think the way to address the Donut issue is to declare all sprinkles contraband and inspect all shipping activity falling within the territorial waters of the KGB and all other, non-aligned guilds, and prevent the spread of WMD (weapons of mass donutization) while our own Donus Master conjures the magical recipes for Special Glaze.

Arginal, yes, however as opposed to CKGB of years past this
activity will fall under the LSE ( Logistics, Supply and Engineering) Division. Heidi is in charge of this. Should crafter types participate actively in the faction, there are military positions and advancement opportunities open to them.

Supplying reagents and weapons, creating weapons and armor, manufacturing buildings and siege weaponry will be necessarry to our success and those that engage in that activity can look forward to organized activity and the respect they deserve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard