The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis Races/Factions - 11/05/08 05:06 PM
Has KGB decided on what factions and/or races we will be allowing or using? What about our given purpose or role fictional or otherwise? Should we have a story for this? What's the economic plan? What projects are going to be fully funded in game if taxes are imposed? With Derid leading a factional government and Jet speaking about full efforts of KGB, is the factional government going to operate outside of a full kgb government or is the factional government going to be the only form of KGB government?
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Races/Factions - 11/05/08 05:25 PM
From my understanding (and Derid will correct me if I'm wrong), the factional leadership will have full jurisdiction over this game. As always, the National leadership will probably be keeping a close eye on things.

Derid is still deciding on what race to go, as there is alot to take into account the way the game is structured. I can tell you that form the game structure, there are really only three choices: The human and friends, the orc and friends, and the Afram (sp as I'm not looking it up). All of which will have their downsides and so forth.

Faction leadership is currently having long discussions about which direction KGB will be headed in DFO. I'm sure as son as anything is put in concrete by Derid, there will be an announcement.
Posted By: Elph Re: Races/Factions - 11/05/08 05:28 PM
When KGB is in factions, the faction leadership always leads. The Federal Faction (Hk, and Pms) Are there to offer advice and any assistance that they can. With me not planning on playing Darkfall, I will probably just be helping Derid manage the applications on the board and setting up anything that he may need on an admin level. Romeo and Jet will probably be more assistance to him since they will be in game.
Posted By: Derid Re: Races/Factions - 11/05/08 05:35 PM

Race is undecided, pending more data and feedback from people in general. I would prefer not to go Ork, as a personal preference but that option is still technically open. I personally lean Alfar, but in all honestly the geographic and racial bonuses and how they play out in the live game will be the largest factor.

As far as taxes, yes there will be taxes if in-game, no I am not certain yet what that level will be. It will depend on the needs at the time, and the reasons and usage of tax money will be fully disclosed if and when a tax is implemeted. This dept will be managed directly by Heidi.

Not sure exactly what you mean with the governmental questions, but the faction will be run entirely at the faction level.

Our given purpose and role, is to have fun. There is currently no fiction planned to RP by, though some light fiction might not hurt. Ultimately I would like to see KGB arise to become a significant nation-state in the game world, though currently the possibility of a building/guerrila stage is strong, a lot depends on our showing.

If we average 15 ppl a night and 5 during the day, we probably arent going to conquer large swaths of territory off the bat. Instead we will focus on our combat expertise, finding the right people to add to the team, and building pragmatic relationships with other organizations. Things like trading our swords for goods and services, city access, etc.

If 120 KGBers show and we have a solid 40-50 on a night, we might be sieging off the bat.

Or perhaps if shipping goods on the high seas is common and a necesarry part of the DFO economy, we might entertain ourselves by commandeering our opponents shipping vessels and confiscating contraband from their cargo holds.

A lot we will have to play by ear, but I am confident that there will be endless opportunity for meaningfull (in a gameplay sense) organized activity to take place on a daily basis.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Races/Factions - 11/05/08 05:58 PM
right on.
Posted By: chaulootz Re: Races/Factions - 11/05/08 08:46 PM
I had hoped to bring my budding EvE online Donut baking business to the world of Darkfall...will there be room for donut making Derid? As well as crushing my competitors out of buisness with stongarm tactics and undercuting??? Corporate donut espionage anyone???
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Races/Factions - 11/05/08 10:58 PM
Donuts are only a viable tactic if used for a weight gain snare.
Posted By: Arginal Re: Races/Factions - 11/06/08 02:43 AM
Will there be a crafting arm of this faction?
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Races/Factions - 11/06/08 02:53 AM
I don't know, lootz... this recession is hitting the donut trade pretty trade or so I've heard.
Posted By: Derid Re: Races/Factions - 11/06/08 04:39 AM

Chaulootz, I think the way to address the Donut issue is to declare all sprinkles contraband and inspect all shipping activity falling within the territorial waters of the KGB and all other, non-aligned guilds, and prevent the spread of WMD (weapons of mass donutization) while our own Donus Master conjures the magical recipes for Special Glaze.

Arginal, yes, however as opposed to CKGB of years past this
activity will fall under the LSE ( Logistics, Supply and Engineering) Division. Heidi is in charge of this. Should crafter types participate actively in the faction, there are military positions and advancement opportunities open to them.

Supplying reagents and weapons, creating weapons and armor, manufacturing buildings and siege weaponry will be necessarry to our success and those that engage in that activity can look forward to organized activity and the respect they deserve.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Races/Factions - 11/06/08 05:30 AM
Well shit, the declaring sprinkles contraband opens up all sorts of questions. Are chocolate sprinkles also off limits? How about toppings in general? Does this by association limit your use of jelly and other fillings? Is the eventual goal to have all non-KGB only offer plain donuts? Are you sure you want a colorless world in which our very government stifles creativity in the donut-making process? At that point, we're just going to be living in a world straight out of a dystopian novel.

You guys have a tough road ahead of you, Derid and Chaulootz.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Races/Factions - 11/06/08 07:04 AM
well as a spokesman for the Donut industry I can assure you that there are no dangerous side effects from eating donuts. The Surgeon General is a liar.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Races/Factions - 11/06/08 04:53 PM
Quote:

Chaulootz, I think the way to address the Donut issue is to declare all sprinkles contraband and inspect all shipping activity falling within the territorial waters of the KGB and all other, non-aligned guilds, and prevent the spread of WMD (weapons of mass donutization) while our own Donus Master conjures the magical recipes for Special Glaze.

Arginal, yes, however as opposed to CKGB of years past this
activity will fall under the LSE ( Logistics, Supply and Engineering) Division. Heidi is in charge of this. Should crafter types participate actively in the faction, there are military positions and advancement opportunities open to them.

Supplying reagents and weapons, creating weapons and armor, manufacturing buildings and siege weaponry will be necessarry to our success and those that engage in that activity can look forward to organized activity and the respect they deserve.

Holy goat balls, that's funny.
© The KGB Oracle