KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 49 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,980 Trump card
1,341,967 Picture Thread
479,722 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
D
Any chance a KGB Order chapter will start on another Warhammer server?

E
Elph Offline OP
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
No we will not be rolling Order. We will stay and remain as Destruction.

It was an overall decision by those who wished to play Warhammer to roll on Destruction side.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

No we will not be rolling Order. We will stay and remain as Destruction.

It was an overall decision by those who wished to play Warhammer to roll on Destruction side.

And thus KGB finally figures out what I learned at the beginning of Siege Perilous... there's more good to be done on the side of evil than good!

E
Elph Offline OP
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
We are by no means the side of Evil, just because we are playing on destruction side. It is not so much about where you play or on what side. It's how you manage that playtime in the realm you choose to play.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Ok, I don't want to get into a massive flame war on your website and all, that wasn't my intention in the least, but...

KGB has always been a guild based upon (to some extent) roleplay. There's a reason that JetStar is entitled High King, and it has nothing to do with his status in the royal court of England.

In the game of Warhammer, the side of Destruction is, from a storyline perspective, pure evil. Unlike WoW, where the canon stated that horde were not evil, but merely misunderstood, Destruction relishes in chaos and acts of evil. Sorry, but you're evil.

Now, if you PREFER a flamewar (very entertaining if you ask me), you can visit my current path of verbal chaos and destruction at: http://community.victoriaadvocate.com/home/ViewPost/30322

If you enjoyed my work on Battlevortex, you'll love the stuff in this thread.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
there is a huge difference between the lore of a story and the reality of meeting your enemies on the field of battle which I believe I clearly stated in our announcment to join Azazel. We can't help it if all of the immature and weakly organized guilds we usually oppose ran and hid under the side of order because they sought the power of a zerg and then turned and consistanly denied the real reasons. Giving us no choice but to play destruction so that we could oppose them. It's better we stand up and be real then follow the herd so that we can have a real challenge then hide in fear and surround ourselves with other mighty guild so that we don't have to take as much heat.

To me it sounds like you wish you were still here, otherwise why would you be cruising our boards, your worship is not manditory but appreciated. hopefully one day you'll understand that kgb is doing what it can to help our members enjoy the game and meet our enemies on the field of battle, that is a primary goal, roleplaying is secondary, if you are a roleplayer at heart which you seem to be then you should understand that and I don't expect to see you on the battle field, if I do i'll be sure to send you Jetstars regards.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
E
Elph Offline OP
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Demoyn as far as I can remember isn't a roleplayer. I've been in KGB for 8 years now, I believe the time I've been in KGB far exceeds the time that you spent in KGB before you were dishonorably discharged. As I stated before just because we chose to play on Destruction doesn't make KGB suddenly evil. We rolled on destruction for the most part due to the fact that many of our long time enemies were rolling on the Order side. So like the other turncloaks, KGB went destruction to fight against the forces of evil who are hiding behind an order banner.

I am aware for the most part of WArhammer's storyline. I had done a lot of reading when we were beginning into the game and realized a lot of things that could play towards the story. Order had sent envoys to the lands of destruction to find out what was going on about this plague that was sweeping the lands over there, there are so many stories that can be used that justifys KGB's presence on the destruction side. If you read in complete the story it is well explained there.

The days of uo style of play is far from where KGB is today. We stick to our core and what it means to be KGB, a lot has changed in KGB from when you were in KGB. I am not trying to get into a flame war, but you failed to grasp the point of my post. KGB are not roleplayers as long as I have been in KGB we have never roleplayed with anyone. I recall some stuff back in the pac days of uo, and maybe early siege before my time, but KGB has geared away from roleplay for a long time. I wish we did play a bit more roles like we did back in uo, but gaming has changed and those days are long dead.

I am just rambling, going to get my morning coffee now. I'll check out the website you posted, although the time I spent on BV wasn't much enjoyment hehe.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
While I may not have the tenure with KGB I do have the knowledge of the Warhammer lore to tell you most decidedly you are misinterpreting an awful lot if you feel destruction represents the side of evil. I would wager you have not truly dug deep into the lore or you have a very black and white sense of good and evil. The empire murders their own citizens routinely during this time in the lore, The high elves have turned their back on an alliance with the dwarfs to bolster the ranks of the empire as the people turn to the Chaos god of change due to the oppression of the emperor. The Dark Elves strike out against an enemy that attempted to commit genocide on their own race and split the Elven race in two. And the Green Skins believe in expansion through might of arms which the Dwarfs happen to be in the path of that expansion.

In the end motivations in this game are far from "their evil so they do x" and that is the benefit of the warhammer lore being as deep and rich as it is. Beyond that I have never once seen the least bit of RolePlay among KGB that is a big part of why I joined with them. Roleplay in a game designed for PvP always leads to poor conflict as you have to organize every raid prior to it's execution with the other side so that the battle has RolePlay significance. I have embraced KGB because it allows me to CRUSH my enemies on the battlefield, and no one seeks to be on the losing side of the fight.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Well that was a good history lesson Coanunn. I based my "good and evil" on one of the summaries about the game release and how Warhammer differs from WoW. One thing I will note, though, is that the MMO's history is a tad different than the tabletop's history. This change was made in order to push the races together properly, and I notice that you said elves turned their backs on the dwarves so you must be speaking of tabletop.

KGB was never about true roleplay even in my day, they just based their decisions on the "pure and just" aspect of roleplay. I'm actually quite happy that you've moved away from that, as the only reason that I was dishonorably discharged (technicality, mind you) is because the previous prime minister was more concerned about appearance and roleplay than crushing the enemy.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It all depends on which side you play on. It shouldnt matter if its orc or human. If we play destruction the order is evil. If we play order, destruction is evil.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard