The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Elph KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 09/14/08 05:08 PM

The Knights of Glory and Beer have traditionally long been associated with the positive and virtuous aspects of online gaming, but our enemies are varied and many and our desire to meet them upon the field of battle drives our every decision and cannot be ignored.

We cannot falter in our duties to suppress those who would see our destruction and the senseless murder of those unable to defend themselves. We cannot put aside our responsibility to defend our own ideologies and methodologies, or hide in fear of those who would see our name tarnished.

We live by the codes of the old faith and grant those who ask for or deserve mercy, but we do not bow before oppressors or mortal empires, we live as free men and women.

Because of this we of The Knights of Glory and Beer have decided to play Destruction in Warhammer Age of Reckoning on the Azazel Server, so that we may diametrically oppose our adversaries, who most of which have chosen the side of Order. The Warhammer Age of Reckoning Faction will be lead by Prime Minister Elph, Vice Chancellor Fleeting and G-5 General Eviscerater leading the charge in RVR.

Although this is a nontraditional role for The Knights of Glory and Beer, we feel we can and will crush our enemies and prevent their attempts to bring oppression and dominance upon this server.

If you hold true to the Old Faith, I invite you to join us in our efforts so that we may welcome you as a Brother Knight, if not however stand aside or be slain and may The Keeper of Secrets take pity on you.

@Images and test written and provided by Sentinel Editor Drakiis
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 09/14/08 06:41 PM
Best of luck to you Brothers and Sisters. I am sorry to say that I will not be joining you in this adventure. But if there is anything I can do from the outside, you just ask.

Cheers and good hunting.
Posted By: Represent Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 09/16/08 02:14 PM
I'm 99% sure I'll be joining you guys in December

Hold things down Elph :P i need phat loot drops for whatever i decide to roll so all of u save some of that gear instead of junking it to a vendor !!!!

GL
Posted By: Daye Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 09/18/08 05:41 PM
Installing it now. ( 12GB install !!! )

Can't wait to see the size of the patch I'm gonna
have to download. . . . .
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 09/19/08 05:28 PM
So I see we're once again in the same game and on the same server. Too bad you're still the enemy! Down with Chaos pls.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 09/21/08 07:40 PM
?
Posted By: Kalypso Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 09/30/08 03:42 AM
who are you
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/01/08 07:26 AM
Demoyn???

Read your KGB History guys.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/01/08 03:05 PM
put up the wiki Jet... =)
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/01/08 04:29 PM
Quote:

put up the wiki Jet... =)

RAWR!

Put it up and I'll mop it!
Posted By: Holrom Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/01/08 08:59 PM
nice writing, hehe :-) and man, Fleeting is around still! thats awesome. I gotta get up in vent/ts sometime, be cool to talk!
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/02/08 12:03 AM
I remember him were you the prick on the BV boards? You use to crack me up.
Posted By: Binbs Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/06/08 09:08 AM
hey whos Demoyn? I say we zerg the SoB.
Posted By: Arcain Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/07/08 02:38 AM
soon I will also bring doom and destruction to Azazel... when I get my car back and can go pick up the bloody disc's from my brother
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 12:42 AM
Quote:

who are you

Who am I? Well, my name in Warhammer is Buldor (though I also have an alt named Demoyan). I'm really nobody special, just the biggest headache JetStar's ever had in his life (and one of the few people to give his UO toon a good reputation).

If you want to know more, you can check the dishonorable discharge section. I don't seem to be in many of the historical archives.

I have one question though, Jet. Why exactly does Binbs have the comment "best PvPer on Pacific", but I don't have anything similar about Siege Perilous?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 01:47 AM
interesting, a fallen knight of KGB perhaps....
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 01:50 AM
No, more like an AWAKENED knight of KGB.
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 03:20 PM
LOL Demoyn. Maybe because on SP you didn't shine quite like you thought LOL
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 05:47 PM
Quote:

LOL Demoyn. Maybe because on SP you didn't shine quite like you thought LOL

Um, no chance. I was constantly mentioned in top 10 PvPer polls. More than likely it's because I left KGB before getting that recognition.
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 06:12 PM
I would assume that is why then. As the Hall of Fame only keeps the accomplishments that you make while a member of KGB.

The one on the main page isn't the one we use any longer, we're working on a wiki for the new hall of fame.
Posted By: Dyre Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 09:42 PM
Any chance a KGB Order chapter will start on another Warhammer server?
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/09/08 09:54 PM
No we will not be rolling Order. We will stay and remain as Destruction.

It was an overall decision by those who wished to play Warhammer to roll on Destruction side.
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/10/08 03:45 AM
Quote:

No we will not be rolling Order. We will stay and remain as Destruction.

It was an overall decision by those who wished to play Warhammer to roll on Destruction side.

And thus KGB finally figures out what I learned at the beginning of Siege Perilous... there's more good to be done on the side of evil than good!
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/10/08 12:22 PM
We are by no means the side of Evil, just because we are playing on destruction side. It is not so much about where you play or on what side. It's how you manage that playtime in the realm you choose to play.
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/10/08 04:00 PM
Ok, I don't want to get into a massive flame war on your website and all, that wasn't my intention in the least, but...

KGB has always been a guild based upon (to some extent) roleplay. There's a reason that JetStar is entitled High King, and it has nothing to do with his status in the royal court of England.

In the game of Warhammer, the side of Destruction is, from a storyline perspective, pure evil. Unlike WoW, where the canon stated that horde were not evil, but merely misunderstood, Destruction relishes in chaos and acts of evil. Sorry, but you're evil.

Now, if you PREFER a flamewar (very entertaining if you ask me), you can visit my current path of verbal chaos and destruction at: http://community.victoriaadvocate.com/home/ViewPost/30322

If you enjoyed my work on Battlevortex, you'll love the stuff in this thread.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/10/08 07:56 PM
there is a huge difference between the lore of a story and the reality of meeting your enemies on the field of battle which I believe I clearly stated in our announcment to join Azazel. We can't help it if all of the immature and weakly organized guilds we usually oppose ran and hid under the side of order because they sought the power of a zerg and then turned and consistanly denied the real reasons. Giving us no choice but to play destruction so that we could oppose them. It's better we stand up and be real then follow the herd so that we can have a real challenge then hide in fear and surround ourselves with other mighty guild so that we don't have to take as much heat.

To me it sounds like you wish you were still here, otherwise why would you be cruising our boards, your worship is not manditory but appreciated. hopefully one day you'll understand that kgb is doing what it can to help our members enjoy the game and meet our enemies on the field of battle, that is a primary goal, roleplaying is secondary, if you are a roleplayer at heart which you seem to be then you should understand that and I don't expect to see you on the battle field, if I do i'll be sure to send you Jetstars regards.
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/13/08 12:49 PM
Demoyn as far as I can remember isn't a roleplayer. I've been in KGB for 8 years now, I believe the time I've been in KGB far exceeds the time that you spent in KGB before you were dishonorably discharged. As I stated before just because we chose to play on Destruction doesn't make KGB suddenly evil. We rolled on destruction for the most part due to the fact that many of our long time enemies were rolling on the Order side. So like the other turncloaks, KGB went destruction to fight against the forces of evil who are hiding behind an order banner.

I am aware for the most part of WArhammer's storyline. I had done a lot of reading when we were beginning into the game and realized a lot of things that could play towards the story. Order had sent envoys to the lands of destruction to find out what was going on about this plague that was sweeping the lands over there, there are so many stories that can be used that justifys KGB's presence on the destruction side. If you read in complete the story it is well explained there.

The days of uo style of play is far from where KGB is today. We stick to our core and what it means to be KGB, a lot has changed in KGB from when you were in KGB. I am not trying to get into a flame war, but you failed to grasp the point of my post. KGB are not roleplayers as long as I have been in KGB we have never roleplayed with anyone. I recall some stuff back in the pac days of uo, and maybe early siege before my time, but KGB has geared away from roleplay for a long time. I wish we did play a bit more roles like we did back in uo, but gaming has changed and those days are long dead.

I am just rambling, going to get my morning coffee now. I'll check out the website you posted, although the time I spent on BV wasn't much enjoyment hehe.
Posted By: Coanunn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/14/08 03:53 PM
While I may not have the tenure with KGB I do have the knowledge of the Warhammer lore to tell you most decidedly you are misinterpreting an awful lot if you feel destruction represents the side of evil. I would wager you have not truly dug deep into the lore or you have a very black and white sense of good and evil. The empire murders their own citizens routinely during this time in the lore, The high elves have turned their back on an alliance with the dwarfs to bolster the ranks of the empire as the people turn to the Chaos god of change due to the oppression of the emperor. The Dark Elves strike out against an enemy that attempted to commit genocide on their own race and split the Elven race in two. And the Green Skins believe in expansion through might of arms which the Dwarfs happen to be in the path of that expansion.

In the end motivations in this game are far from "their evil so they do x" and that is the benefit of the warhammer lore being as deep and rich as it is. Beyond that I have never once seen the least bit of RolePlay among KGB that is a big part of why I joined with them. Roleplay in a game designed for PvP always leads to poor conflict as you have to organize every raid prior to it's execution with the other side so that the battle has RolePlay significance. I have embraced KGB because it allows me to CRUSH my enemies on the battlefield, and no one seeks to be on the losing side of the fight.
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/16/08 04:24 PM
Well that was a good history lesson Coanunn. I based my "good and evil" on one of the summaries about the game release and how Warhammer differs from WoW. One thing I will note, though, is that the MMO's history is a tad different than the tabletop's history. This change was made in order to push the races together properly, and I notice that you said elves turned their backs on the dwarves so you must be speaking of tabletop.

KGB was never about true roleplay even in my day, they just based their decisions on the "pure and just" aspect of roleplay. I'm actually quite happy that you've moved away from that, as the only reason that I was dishonorably discharged (technicality, mind you) is because the previous prime minister was more concerned about appearance and roleplay than crushing the enemy.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/17/08 12:18 AM
It all depends on which side you play on. It shouldnt matter if its orc or human. If we play destruction the order is evil. If we play order, destruction is evil.
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/17/08 02:06 PM
I just think that back in the UO days were so much different. I loved how we sorta did Roleplay and were just etc. Our basic values are still the same in KGB as they have always been, we just realize that you need to adjust your styles of play for all the games that are coming up now a days.

Do you game at all anymore Demoyn?
Posted By: Coanunn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/17/08 11:15 PM
Quote:

This change was made in order to push the races together properly, and I notice that you said elves turned their backs on the dwarves so you must be speaking of tabletop.

Actually that was a direct draw from the hardcover graphic novel that shipped in the Collector's edition of the game that sets the stage for the game rather than the tabletop.

Personally I prefer the storyline behind the tabletop for the 40K over the fantasy and couldn't put together a concise history from tabletop perspective. I'm sure Drakiis could as if I remember correctly he has actually written stories set in the tabletop lore.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/18/08 01:37 AM
Aren't there also a series of different stories within the tabletop? I thought one Warhammer for example was futuristic... like Tanks and ... I guess the equivalent of Marines from Starcraft.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/18/08 09:13 AM
Games Workshop is a euro based company that produces several forms of games and books.

Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k are the two main product lines, many books, role playing games, wargames, and video games have been made using those two settings.

Warhammer Fantasy is as you would guess, fantasy based, while Warhammer 40k is set in the future, which is basically fantasy in space. Though the story lines are simular there are distinct differences between the settings.

I have played the pencil and paper role playing game, the miniature wargame, played dawn of war and read many of the books.

I won't boar anyone with either story, but they are good reads and one might do well to look up some of the info because the word is they will be making a Warhammer 40k mmorpg too.
Posted By: Coanunn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/18/08 02:30 PM
See, now the 40K MMO would likely draw me away from Warhammer Online.. But then I've been wanting to see either 40K or BattleTech as an MMO for so long the desire is older than half the people who play games anymore..
Posted By: Demoyn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/20/08 06:00 PM
Quote:

Do you game at all anymore Demoyn?

Yeah, I thought I mentioned that earlier. I play Warhammer Online. I'm a dwarf ironbreaker named Buldor on the Azazel server. Thus, the reason for my coming here and posting to begin with.
Posted By: Daye Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/22/08 01:29 PM
Hehe.

Good and Evil are merely perspectives. How you define
another is normally based on your own beliefs. Not
necessarily their actions / beliefs.
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 10/22/08 02:07 PM
Oh ok cool. You may have mentioned it. I sometimes forget what I read. Too much to keep track of on some days hehe.
Posted By: Wyldman Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 11/10/08 04:58 PM
Been on Warhammer since launch. Still don't see where anyone has mentioned a main server we are on. :-) I am currently on Marienburg server. Any information? Email me please.
Posted By: Owain Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 11/10/08 05:28 PM
Quote:

Been on Warhammer since launch. Still don't see where anyone has mentioned a main server we are on. :-) I am currently on Marienburg server. Any information? Email me please.

Well, as the name of this thread indicates, we are on the Azazel server. We are also playing the Destruction Faction.
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 11/11/08 02:56 PM
There is a sticky post in the warhammer public forums along with the title of the post hehe.

We're Destro Azazel as the story states.
I don't think I recognize your name or anything.
Posted By: Warborn Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 11/11/08 09:42 PM
I am playing WAR right now but on another server.

How active is KGB in WAR I might think about rerolling on that server.

Currently have a 35 Sorc.
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Brings WAR to Azazel - 11/12/08 04:19 PM
We're not very active atm. Actually KGB interest is at a very all time low. We have some things in the works with KGB but as far as KGB guild continuing on in WAR, we will probably declare open and look to merge with another more active guild. Recruitment is impossible, everyone is settled in as a guild already so there is a small pool of people.
© The KGB Oracle