KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
It certaintly is betrayal, no wonder people were furious, I didn't realise to the extent that they changed the game.

Was an interesting article though thanks.

Crimthan I think you would be happier playing a differnt genre of game like fps rather than getting so upset at every mmorpg that doesn't concentrate on twitch. None of the mmofps's to date have been at all successful so unfortunatly for the people like you who long for one are probably in the minority.

It would be nice to see a little more skill in mmo's and a perfectly balanced class system however its incredable difficult to achieve, most of the skill in mmos comes from knowing what abilitys to use and when, knowing about your class and others and knowing how to work together well as a team rather than about who is the most accurate with a mouse.

Personally I like that which is why I mostly mmo's rather than fps or rts. I enjoy the later two occasinally but it's not something I feel is able to keep my attention for many hours a day for years.

KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
Quote:

I forget why I never played SWG... If its release was during WoW beta then that'd be why, i was busy having fun in there since phase 1 of the beta. And yeah i admit it, WoW during beta was alot of fun... then the noobs and annoying kids showed up aka final release.

SWG was out a long time before WOW, I played SWG for a long time, then quit and went to shadowbane for a long time, before quiting that and joining WOW beta (although it was the later stages, not early like you).

Not many had even heard of WoW when SWG came out. It was at least a year.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
i prefer .hack/fragment was way better but such a small play time, lasted less then six months, but the gameplay was awesome, and it was kinda hack and slash, more fps orientated but hell fun,

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
"sigh"... SWG was my first MMO and god I hated what SOE did to it (a reason I am avoiding Vanguard)... when they nerfed Creatures to make them essentially worthless it was really hard... the biggest problem I saw with SWG was they never tested things enough... they never anticipated the extent to which the player base would take a little of this a little of that and viola they were virtually unhittable (no fault of their's).

Then there was the whole Doc thing with stat boosters... hell you could solo virtually any mission with those boosts which were so good because a drop of a particular ingredient was 1000 OQ which sent the overall effect through the roof. Bad/Limited beta testing was a killer for SWG.

Hell on the test center you had to grind a character through all the boxes which is why they did not run into certain issues till way after launch... makes sense to have some grinding done but then they learned their lesson and you could goto this console and select what you wanted to learn and then you had the skills... if they had done that upfront that would have forewarned them of a lot of stuff.

And last but not least was the Jedi grind... what an absurd way to implement a method of obtaining a new class... god what that did to the economy and the whole game play issue... people "group soloing" so that they could get the highest level mission possible yet solo it so that they got all the xp just to find out if that class was "the one"... destroyed the community...

There are other things also but I rant too much... sorry.

Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
Quote:

It would be nice to see a little more skill in mmo's and a perfectly balanced class system however its incredable difficult to achieve, most of the skill in mmos comes from knowing what abilitys to use and when, knowing about your class and others and knowing how to work together well as a team rather than about who is the most accurate with a mouse.

That's what I like too. Coordinated action/reaction, move/countermove. Like team based chess played in real-time.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
With SWG, it was actually Lucas Arts that fucked it up more than SOE from what I've read.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Quote:

SWG was out a long time before WOW, I played SWG for a long time, then quit and went to shadowbane for a long time, before quiting that and joining WOW beta (although it was the later stages, not early like you).

Now that you say that I remember now that I didn't play because I was still leading things up in Dark Age of Camelot:Andred server. PvP was fun there, guess SWG couldn't lure me away at the time.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
Quote:

Quote:

Now that you say that I remember now that I didn't play because I was still leading things up in Dark Age of Camelot:Andred server. PvP was fun there, guess SWG couldn't lure me away at the time.

I think Andred was dead before then. I believe that SB came out before SWG.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Val's right

Here's a screen shot I have of basically everyone that was still playing DAoC in June of '03 which is when SWG was released.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
dam

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard