KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 67 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,647 Trump card
1,342,526 Picture Thread
481,124 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14807 01/11/07 03:33 PM
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
I was thinking about it earlier, and since it's free right now, lets try to get a squad of around 5 to 10 folks and do some pwnage this weekend.

If you used to have an account you can reactivate it for a month for free.

If you never played, you can play up to level 6 for free until late March, the only thing is once you hit level 6 you can't get any more xp.

The only difference between me for example (level 10) and a level 1 char, is that I have more equipment available to me, so for example I snipe (2 certifications for standard weapons plus 4 for sniping I believe), I heal (2 certifications I think, and in a level (a few kills away) I think I'll be able to resurrect) and, I use a medium armor suit (I think 3 certifications). If you were to use a level 1 character you'd have I think 6 or 8 available right off the bat, and two easily accessible (about half an hour through tutorials pretty much, they give so much xp that they shoot you to level 2) so although you won't be able to ressurect AND snipe most likely, you will be able to do one or the other. All this means is you have just 1 role per character, but we'll have so many people ideally that this won't matter. So for example Syev who tends to like stealth (Feral Druid, Stealth Ships in EVE) can use a stealth suit (like 2 certs, no weapon cert needed since it just uses pistols) and can take up a "trade skill" like Healing, Hacking, Engineering (used by many stealthers to spawn turrets right behind their enemies for a win-button) etc. He'd follow our group stealthed, and when an enemy comes to kill us, he runs behind them and unleashes a burst from his auto-pistol into their backs. Crimthan who tends to use warriors might enjoy being our MAX (tank, slow, but insane damage and armor, for 6 certs you can use all three ( a 9 cert value) the anti-air, anti-armor, and anti-infantry.)

We'll NEED a hacker. The rest is all optional, although a Galaxy Pilot (12-person transport ship) would be cool, as would be 2 Healers with Ressurection ability, a MAX, a Stealther, a person with Rocket Launchers, a person with Heavy Weapons, and so on. I'm sick at sniping, but unless we join an already existing battle so I can actually find a position outdoors to snipe, I won't be sniping much.

You can download it at http://planetside.station.sony.com/reserves/download.vm that site also explains how to make an account. Once you made the account log in and start patching (it's a few years old, so there are tons of patches to download, it'll probably take about a day so start downloading them right now so we can play tomorrow or Saturday or something.)

I know Jet used to play, so theoretically he may be able to game with us for once :P

How about it, what will it hurt? If you enjoy it (God knows we haven't jumped into a vent and had fights where we could coordinate an attack like we'll be able to do in Planetside for months, except maybe PvP in EVE) we can set up certain weekends to play or whatever. If you don't, we can just uninstall it on Monday morning and move on with our lives.

Anyone up for it? It's freeeeeee :P

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
We PvP every night in UO, and that's free too ^_^

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
OP Offline
All right, and I'm currently leveling my char in UO so I can PvP with you guys :P But how about we go give another game a shot as well? What will it hurt?

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
OP Offline
oh, it'd probably be wise to say the character I have is Terran Republic on Markov (the west coast server) the very server KGB used to be on, long, long ago.

BoS Archon
OP Offline
Chez and I have been pwning it up this weekend. Hyd is currently downloading it, Winter supposedly downloaded it. Join in on the fun, lets get a squad of Fighters tomorrow and play some Ride of the Valkyries on Ventrilo while we destroy a Vanu Sovereignty base ^_^

BoS Archon
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Heh, into the heart of darkness!

If this is still going when i get to idaho im goona buy a new PSU and try to find some internet.

OP Offline
Excellent. Chez and Hyd are seeming to enjoy it, I think Tax and Paveway installed it earlier today. Who knows, maybe we'll set up a weekend to play again later this month.

BoS Archon
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Re-Activated my account to mess around a bit. On Markov playing VS, because I'm BR-20, and CR-3, (and too lazy to do the work again from scratch!) Char. name = RabidHamsterX

- Wildcard / Tiernan
OP Offline
oh damn we're all TR on Markov :\ Tax and Paveway seem to still be playing it, sadly I notice it at like midnight each time, and having classes at 8:30, I'd say that's more or less bedtime. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play this weekend.

Oh wait, you can make a TR character, just there's some time limit now. You have to wait 12 hours to switch to the other sovereignty's characters.

BoS Archon
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Bah! TR bastages!

Ok; I hadn't realized that they finally enabled multi-sovereignty on the servers. The shiny, new TR cadet RabidChinchilla has been born!

Just like Boo , the RabidChinchilla will tear their eyes out!

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard