KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#147809 02/03/22 12:04 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
February 3rd, 2022 - Year 24
[Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]

CONSTITUTION CHANGES NEEDED

The KGB Constitution has served us well for many years. It has several gaps and contradictions that are causing problems with the very active state we find ourselves in. These gaps and contradictions are interfering with smooth operations in the Senate. As your High King, I rarely act unilaterally in making major changes to the Constitution or KGB Law, but the current issues are limiting the Senate's ability to contribute. This means I have to exercise my powers as granted in the following sections of the Constitution in its current state.
Article II - High King / High Queen, King / Queen, Prime Ministers / Executive Branch, Section 1 - Attaining and holding Office, Ascension, Appointment, Clause 7: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the KGB, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
and
Article V - Amending the Constitution, Section 1, Clause 1: The (GM10) High King / High Queen, may amend the Constitution whenever it is necessary.

Some of the issues I will be addressing:
  • General clean up and polishing
  • Removal of depreciated links and terms
  • Article I - Distribution of Powers, Section 1, Clause 1: The powers of the government of the KGB are divided into three distinct departments, the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the judicial branch; and no person or collection of persons charged with the exercise of powers properly belonging to one of these departments shall be permitted to exercise any powers properly belonging to either of the others, except as in this constitution expressly directed or permitted.
  • Cross branch service and involvement. Specifically, who can serve across branches and addressing potential conflicts of interest.
  • Duties and responsibilities of the KGB Judicial Branch

I am making these changes based on how the Guild has actually run for the past several years run as opposed to what is written. As I mentioned, there are several gaps and contradictions that need to be addressed.

I have asked the Senate to cease operations while I construct these changes over the next few days. I will post and explain all the changes when they are completed. Please stay tuned.

Last edited by JetStar; 02/04/22 06:41 PM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
1 member likes this: Exey
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Jet, I think you also need to consider enshrining rights of KGB citizens in a constitution. For example, right to join as a member any KGB Faction or right to make a complaint and have it heard.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Once the High King has made his necessary changes to address current issues and the KGB Senate has resumed operations under the new guidance, I invite all KGB citizens to contact the Senator of their choice to suggest proposed legislation. King Jetstar wants to get out of the legislative business, but this change affects all the branches of government. Under normal operations, the Senate has legislative authority.

Last edited by Owain; 02/03/22 12:56 PM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted by Sini
Jet, I think you also need to consider enshrining rights of KGB citizens in a constitution. For example, right to join as a member any KGB Faction or right to make a complaint and have it heard.

I believe this is already the case. I'll circle back.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Owain
Once the High King has made his necessary changes to address current issues and the KGB Senate has resumed operations under the new guidance, I invite all KGB citizens to contact the Senator of their choice to suggest proposed legislation. King Jetstar wants to get out of the legislative business, but this change affects all the branches of government. Under normal operations, the Senate has legislative authority.

I assert that directly petitioning the high king is a right and privilige allowed to all KGB members. I encourage Jet to codify this tradtion as an explicit right in the constitution.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You can, but the King has expressed his intention to delegate these duties to the Senate, so if you contact him, he will probably just direct you there.

https://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/147763/the-senate-is-alive#Post147763

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted by Sini

This was already stated.

KGB Articles of Confederation, Section 2, Clause 3C: KGB CITIZENS IN A FACTION STATE

1. Full KGB Citizens may join a KGB FACTION STATE if they meet the membership guidelines as set by the Faction State Leadership.
2. Faction Leadership can remove a KGB citizen from their Faction State without question, thereby forcing the KGB citizen to abide by KGB General Order #1 and either leave the game server, or resign from KGB proper. A KGB Citizen that is removed from any Faction State Membership would lose access to those resources dedicated to the specific Faction State.
3. Faction State Leadership cannot affect a KGB Citizens citizenship status, even if they are removed from a Faction State. They only retain jurisdiction in they specific Faction State. Faction State Leadership could in extreme cases lobby the KGB Federal Government to remove a KGB Citizen via the KGB Federal Court system.

Star Citizen Hanger:

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard