February 3rd, 2022 - Year 24
[Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]

CONSTITUTION CHANGES NEEDED

The KGB Constitution has served us well for many years. It has several gaps and contradictions that are causing problems with the very active state we find ourselves in. These gaps and contradictions are interfering with smooth operations in the Senate. As your High King, I rarely act unilaterally in making major changes to the Constitution or KGB Law, but the current issues are limiting the Senate's ability to contribute. This means I have to exercise my powers as granted in the following sections of the Constitution in its current state.
Article II - High King / High Queen, King / Queen, Prime Ministers / Executive Branch, Section 1 - Attaining and holding Office, Ascension, Appointment, Clause 7: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the KGB, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
and
Article V - Amending the Constitution, Section 1, Clause 1: The (GM10) High King / High Queen, may amend the Constitution whenever it is necessary.

Some of the issues I will be addressing:
  • General clean up and polishing
  • Removal of depreciated links and terms
  • Article I - Distribution of Powers, Section 1, Clause 1: The powers of the government of the KGB are divided into three distinct departments, the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the judicial branch; and no person or collection of persons charged with the exercise of powers properly belonging to one of these departments shall be permitted to exercise any powers properly belonging to either of the others, except as in this constitution expressly directed or permitted.
  • Cross branch service and involvement. Specifically, who can serve across branches and addressing potential conflicts of interest.
  • Duties and responsibilities of the KGB Judicial Branch

I am making these changes based on how the Guild has actually run for the past several years run as opposed to what is written. As I mentioned, there are several gaps and contradictions that need to be addressed.

I have asked the Senate to cease operations while I construct these changes over the next few days. I will post and explain all the changes when they are completed. Please stay tuned.

Last edited by JetStar; 02/04/22 06:41 PM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter