KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted by Selenian
Head tracking can be useful when your dogfighting. You can turn your head and track that extra bit in the canopy to your 3 and 6 o'clock, the other use it to slave gimbaled weapons to head tracking so they follow your eyes essentially

But.. but.. if you turn your head and the view rotates correspondingly, you have to keep your eyes focused center screen to get the benefit. Please let me know if I'm thinking about this wrong. For example you turn your head to the left, but have to now cut your eyes back to the right so they are focused center screen, where the view has now rotated to the left. This seems completely unnecessary. Now, if you have a screen attached to your head (like a VR headset or w/e) then this makes perfect sense.

edit: the slaved weapons that track eye movement I can see being useful.

Last edited by Brutal; 09/25/17 09:55 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well unlike prison sex, you are not forced to use it.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Voice Attack + HCS Voice Pack

Track IR v5

Google-fu, must u.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Yeah this video from their website demonstrates EXACTLY what I was asking about:

https://youtu.be/_AO0F5sLdVM?t=61

The guy turns his head left, which rotates the view, and he has to CUT HIS EYES TO THE RIGHT TO SEE THE SCREEN. I'm not trying to speak for you, but this would very quickly annoy the piss out of me. This tech is great, but I won't use it unless it's in conjunction with a VR headset.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'll leave piloting to you tom cruise wannabes....

I'll stay on the ground and prosecute the war in the trenches ala Nam style hail O bullets.

Last edited by Drakiis; 09/30/17 04:15 PM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
....soturn the sensitivity up on the tracker so you only have to turn your head a little bit, unlike this owl headed tard.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
So now your view is doing 360s every time you twitch your head? [stars] :puke:

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
I am not a good judge of this game, it's seemed like a money pit from the beginning for me.

I did want to mention that regarding Fallout 4 - not a good comparison - Bethesda did Skyrim after Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 was back burnered. So you would have to say they did Skyrim AND Fallout 4 in that time frame. If you use that as the yardstick SC is behind.

I think this game has been fun to a lot of people who have invested in it and felt its pulse along the way. Like someone said you never get to go along for the development ride and be involved as SC has involved it's fan base. For those that fall off the coat tails or, like me, never got in the groove with SC it seems like a lot of hype for a game in development that may never get finished. I told someone this was the game, SC is a development game and the fans are enjoying the ride for the most part.

SC is a journey not a destination, yet.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE, finally someone said it, Hare you are a great judge of games...I have been waiting in the shadows and every year I've watched this game I have felt as though this game is money grabbing and the level of completion never seems to be met, I'm not waitin g for crap anymore, we need to find a game that unites us and a game we CAN play....I look to Warmaster Donk.

Call it Donk!

Last edited by Drakiis; 10/23/17 03:24 PM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Look SC MIGHT play out, MIGHT. However I am tired of holding my breath. Where is the play? Where is the massive works? If I wanted what they have thus far I'd play EvE, (which is more complete than SC), however we are waiting for promises that may never be realistic. I opt to find a real game, development or otherwise that can deliver. SC has potential, people have heavily invested in the project, yes. However this is insanity to expect something with absolutely no guarantee. Where is the pay off? How long are you willing to wait? Sure no game is created in a vacuum, however that is an excuse. I would think at this point something should be available, not a patched up module. Cling to the hope if you must but it's becomming apparent this is hurting, and only seeking funding.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard