KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#141367 08/13/17 06:40 PM
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
This was an interesting find on features and promises and their current status.

https://starcitizentracker.github.io

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Well that certainly doesn't do much to boost my confidence in the game. According to this, they haven't done shit 4.86 years. It will be interesting to see if they update this upon release of 3.0.

Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
I would expect that to have a big jump in tasks completed with the launch of 3.0. It does show you the amount of feature creep they added and yes that it doesn't look like much has been done since the kickstarter. 3.0 continues to push :(

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
A LOT has been done since Kickstarter - just not according to "someones" paper-charting and feature-checklist spreadsheet. They have zero idea what has been ACCOMPLISHED, they are just checking off what they cannot "see" currently.

I find it IRONIC that people love to call CIG out on things when most AAA games give people nothing until just before release; or snapshots at E3/etc for something coming out "next year". I can't name a single game that has come to market that started at the same time that they did from Kickstart; in fact MANY that I have been tracking are still much farther out than CIG's Star Citizen / Squadron 42 is looking. I can log into the Alpha of Star Citizen RIGHT NOW and actually fly ships around, do things in-game - not just watch a pre-rendered clip on YouTube.

As a software engineer and a developer myself - I understand things come in stages and take time; MANY hours, with iteration of design/code. So far I have seen from KickStart: Player Hangar(s) (several iterations), the space combat simulator/racing, multi-player environment (non-persistent), multi-player environment - semi-persistent, and now Star Marine (FPS). Is it a WHOLE MMO/UNIVERSE yet? - NO, but they never promised it would be a this point. People keep saying we'll see when 3.0 comes out - once again, we are talking "ALPHA" 3.0! So what will be in there should expand greatly upon what is currently available for test play, but it will NOT be a universe - or an MMO at that point either. What they do release in 3.0 will continue to be built upon with more features and systems/planets/moons, but Squadron 42 will release BEFORE Star Citizen, there will be several episodes (parts) of that prior to Star Citizen release.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
That chart should have a percentage of how much he is butt hurt about a game in Alpha.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Interesting chart, but I think a lot of that stuff will start to get checked off after 3.0. There are also a handful of low priority items there too that can come way later down the road.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted by hydr
Interesting chart, but I think a lot of that stuff will start to get checked off after 3.0. There are also a handful of low priority items there too that can come way later down the road.

Oh, how much further down the road do they come? I mean frankly, these bastards and the amount of money they have received could have fucking colonized Mars by now in real life, let alone actually release this game.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted by Taxman
A LOT has been done since Kickstarter - just not according to "someones" paper-charting and feature-checklist spreadsheet. They have zero idea what has been ACCOMPLISHED, they are just checking off what they cannot "see" currently.

I find it IRONIC that people love to call CIG out on things when most AAA games give people nothing until just before release; or snapshots at E3/etc for something coming out "next year". I can't name a single game that has come to market that started at the same time that they did from Kickstart; in fact MANY that I have been tracking are still much farther out than CIG's Star Citizen / Squadron 42 is looking. I can log into the Alpha of Star Citizen RIGHT NOW and actually fly ships around, do things in-game - not just watch a pre-rendered clip on YouTube.

As a software engineer and a developer myself - I understand things come in stages and take time; MANY hours, with iteration of design/code. So far I have seen from KickStart: Player Hangar(s) (several iterations), the space combat simulator/racing, multi-player environment (non-persistent), multi-player environment - semi-persistent, and now Star Marine (FPS). Is it a WHOLE MMO/UNIVERSE yet? - NO, but they never promised it would be a this point. People keep saying we'll see when 3.0 comes out - once again, we are talking "ALPHA" 3.0! So what will be in there should expand greatly upon what is currently available for test play, but it will NOT be a universe - or an MMO at that point either. What they do release in 3.0 will continue to be built upon with more features and systems/planets/moons, but Squadron 42 will release BEFORE Star Citizen, there will be several episodes (parts) of that prior to Star Citizen release.

This is exactly what is wrong with the game industry and the "go fund me" mentality that has taken over. You can spin it with your own experience all you wish Tax, at the end of the day, these guys have received a fuckton of money and have not produced a viable, full on release game from it. Oh sure, they have teaser stuff, and in some cases, it's slightly fun, but it pales compared to the full on world we have all been expecting for a very long time. As I said in another post, they could have colonized Mars in real life with the amount of money they have received (I know, not really, but is sounds sarcastically good). Frankly, I am pretty sure the three ships I purchased in the wayback are probably obsolete by now, since they have goner on to design and release many newer, faster, blah, blah, blah models, for a game that has never been finalized. So, I don't know that this guy is "butthurt", perhaps just more willing to hold them to the fire. I mean, seriously, how many more years?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
For case(s) in point:

Grand Theft Auto V took more than 5 years to develop (and they didn't start from ground zero).

Fallout 4 = 7 Years (they started it after finishing Fallout 3, also starting with something).

---------------

Not saying that I am an expert or anything, just trying to keep things "real"...

If you WANT a quality product; it takes more than throwing money at it to make it possible. Honestly, I feel like they are on track and they should take the time they need to do it RIGHT. Not FOREVER - just expect to see reasonable progress to final build, so far I have not been let down.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted by Taxman
For case(s) in point:

Grand Theft Auto V took more than 5 years to develop (and they didn't start from ground zero).

Fallout 4 = 7 Years (they started it after finishing Fallout 3, also starting with something).

---------------

Not saying that I am an expert or anything, just trying to keep things "real"...

If you WANT a quality product; it takes more than throwing money at it to make it possible. Honestly, I feel like they are on track and they should take the time they need to do it RIGHT. Not FOREVER - just expect to see reasonable progress to final build, so far I have not been let down.

Interesting perspective, fair enough.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard