KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,006,392 Trump card
1,337,631 Picture Thread
477,262 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#140588 06/06/17 07:14 PM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Is BDO still active?

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #140590 06/07/17 01:16 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Aye - that it is.

Unfortunately not a HUGE number of KNIGHTS actively playing in-game at a time except on weekends; but we still have quite a few folks in-game working on characters and AFK running horses/fishing/etc as well.

BDO as a whole - seems to be doing well still, the servers unified and became a lot of channels on ONE common server. That being said just about every day this week ALL the channels have been showing as "crowded" or just a few NOT showing as "crowded". Not certain how many players that equates to in-game - but the activity level seems to have increased since the release to Steam.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Drakiis #140592 06/07/17 07:59 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
BDO still has a great deal to offer for gamers, but probably not for attention deficit power gamers. As one of our members demonstrated with the new Striker class, it is indeed possible to take a toon to level 50 in one day, but in so doing you know nothing of the game.

Since this isn't a major KGB game, and there aren't big guild v guild operations at present, BDO is a good game if you are just looking forr a game to play. There are folks in game (me, for example) if you have questions or need a hand, or you can play it solo if you want a Skyrim experience. Being a KGB BDO member, though, does give you buffs that are handy.

There are tons of things to do in bdo if you take the time to to them instead of just power leveling.

Last edited by Owain; 06/07/17 08:00 AM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Owain #140596 06/07/17 02:49 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Owain
BDO still has a great deal to offer for gamers, but probably not for attention deficit power gamers. As one of our members demonstrated with the new Striker class, it is indeed possible to take a toon to level 50 in one day, but in so doing you know nothing of the game.

True - and well put. There really IS a lot of other things going on inside of BDO that the pure "grinder" doesn't see or get (often until it is too late). If your point is to be top-level/top-geared ASAP there is a lot you will be missing and lacking to make that possible. There really is a LOT of logistics that you don't see until you look under the covers of BDO. Personally, that is what keeps me playing BDO; well that and supporting our KGB members in-game of course!

beer

Originally Posted by Owain

Since this isn't a major KGB game, and there aren't big guild v guild operations at present, BDO is a good game if you are just looking for a game to play. There are folks in game (me, for example) if you have questions or need a hand, or you can play it solo if you want a Skyrim experience. Being a KGB BDO member, though, does give you buffs that are handy.

There are tons of things to do in bdo if you take the time to to them instead of just power leveling.

True - without numbers we don't have any GvG operations going on, but there is still plenty of PvP and gankers/etc that need reminding that KGB doesn't put up with that shit. Outside of that - there really is plenty of things to do in-game that don't have anything to do with "leveling" or "grinding" and it really is a beautiful and fun game to play. Personally, I enjoy playing BDO with our KGB members and working together as a group to improve our characters and go places as a group more risky than you can solo.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
Drakiis #140600 06/08/17 05:33 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I find it to be very theraputic to be surrounded by a group of mobs and let loose an AOE, and then listen to the chorus of the dying.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Drakiis #140610 06/08/17 05:35 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yes - indeed! beer

Taxman

Drakiis #140631 06/10/17 04:07 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'm about to buy BDO. I have no idea how to find you guys on discord, but I did find my way back onto the TS server. Little help?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Drakiis #140637 06/10/17 07:46 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you have a Discord account, just log into it and click the link to join that I posted in the other thread - but here is a link.

Discord Join: https://discord.gg/xThgD3g

If you don't have a Discord account, just use the same link and you can sign up through it. One you are online we can add ya to guild and give you Knight roles in Discord. Join the Balenos 5 channel for the easiest guild invite. I'm at dinner now but will look for ya when I get home. You can also shoot me a /w as well if you like... My char is in game now. SneakyTax is the char name

Last edited by Taxman; 06/10/17 10:07 PM. Reason: added link

Taxman

Drakiis #140641 06/11/17 08:02 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Once you are in game, join the KGB BDO channel. I am frequently there if you have questions or need a hand. Yarwain Abarawn is my main toon, but I have a number of alts, so Discord is the best way to get my attention.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Drakiis #140818 07/01/17 08:23 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I will get discord so I can get in guild. Too many afk KGB :) I sent dark exile a few gift letters

Play To Crush!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard