The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis Status? - 06/07/17 02:14 AM
Is BDO still active?
Posted By: Taxman Re: Status? - 06/07/17 08:16 AM
Aye - that it is.

Unfortunately not a HUGE number of KNIGHTS actively playing in-game at a time except on weekends; but we still have quite a few folks in-game working on characters and AFK running horses/fishing/etc as well.

BDO as a whole - seems to be doing well still, the servers unified and became a lot of channels on ONE common server. That being said just about every day this week ALL the channels have been showing as "crowded" or just a few NOT showing as "crowded". Not certain how many players that equates to in-game - but the activity level seems to have increased since the release to Steam.
Posted By: Owain Re: Status? - 06/07/17 02:59 PM
BDO still has a great deal to offer for gamers, but probably not for attention deficit power gamers. As one of our members demonstrated with the new Striker class, it is indeed possible to take a toon to level 50 in one day, but in so doing you know nothing of the game.

Since this isn't a major KGB game, and there aren't big guild v guild operations at present, BDO is a good game if you are just looking forr a game to play. There are folks in game (me, for example) if you have questions or need a hand, or you can play it solo if you want a Skyrim experience. Being a KGB BDO member, though, does give you buffs that are handy.

There are tons of things to do in bdo if you take the time to to them instead of just power leveling.
Posted By: Taxman Re: Status? - 06/07/17 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Owain
BDO still has a great deal to offer for gamers, but probably not for attention deficit power gamers. As one of our members demonstrated with the new Striker class, it is indeed possible to take a toon to level 50 in one day, but in so doing you know nothing of the game.

True - and well put. There really IS a lot of other things going on inside of BDO that the pure "grinder" doesn't see or get (often until it is too late). If your point is to be top-level/top-geared ASAP there is a lot you will be missing and lacking to make that possible. There really is a LOT of logistics that you don't see until you look under the covers of BDO. Personally, that is what keeps me playing BDO; well that and supporting our KGB members in-game of course!

beer

Originally Posted by Owain

Since this isn't a major KGB game, and there aren't big guild v guild operations at present, BDO is a good game if you are just looking for a game to play. There are folks in game (me, for example) if you have questions or need a hand, or you can play it solo if you want a Skyrim experience. Being a KGB BDO member, though, does give you buffs that are handy.

There are tons of things to do in bdo if you take the time to to them instead of just power leveling.

True - without numbers we don't have any GvG operations going on, but there is still plenty of PvP and gankers/etc that need reminding that KGB doesn't put up with that shit. Outside of that - there really is plenty of things to do in-game that don't have anything to do with "leveling" or "grinding" and it really is a beautiful and fun game to play. Personally, I enjoy playing BDO with our KGB members and working together as a group to improve our characters and go places as a group more risky than you can solo.
Posted By: Owain Re: Status? - 06/08/17 12:33 PM
I find it to be very theraputic to be surrounded by a group of mobs and let loose an AOE, and then listen to the chorus of the dying.
Posted By: Taxman Re: Status? - 06/09/17 12:35 AM
Yes - indeed! beer
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Status? - 06/10/17 11:07 PM
I'm about to buy BDO. I have no idea how to find you guys on discord, but I did find my way back onto the TS server. Little help?
Posted By: Taxman Re: Status? - 06/11/17 02:46 AM
If you have a Discord account, just log into it and click the link to join that I posted in the other thread - but here is a link.

Discord Join: https://discord.gg/xThgD3g

If you don't have a Discord account, just use the same link and you can sign up through it. One you are online we can add ya to guild and give you Knight roles in Discord. Join the Balenos 5 channel for the easiest guild invite. I'm at dinner now but will look for ya when I get home. You can also shoot me a /w as well if you like... My char is in game now. SneakyTax is the char name
Posted By: Owain Re: Status? - 06/11/17 03:02 PM
Once you are in game, join the KGB BDO channel. I am frequently there if you have questions or need a hand. Yarwain Abarawn is my main toon, but I have a number of alts, so Discord is the best way to get my attention.
Posted By: Kegir Re: Status? - 07/01/17 03:23 PM
I will get discord so I can get in guild. Too many afk KGB :) I sent dark exile a few gift letters
Posted By: Taxman Re: Status? - 07/02/17 01:20 AM
Awesome - glad we got ya in!

It has been pretty quiet lately - in game, but we have folks playing still and glad to help ya out!

I have a Striker pretty close to your level, so we can go hang out beating things up when your online/active.

Thanks for the gift letters! I will repay ya by helping ya out with getting your guy leveled up and questions answered.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Status? - 07/02/17 03:07 AM
Tax will take care of you, look to Evy and others....good people Keg
© The KGB Oracle