KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
No pre funding anything anymore they get a working game live and we are playing then I am there

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Here is my opinion on the matter, and this is in no ways meant to upset or encourage arguments.

1. Even if every Ancient of KGB were to be awakened, and even if the games potential was a reality, and even if we could raise our own Kingdom. Participation levels always die off, much of KGB is aging and has not been shown to display any longevity. People have constantly changing lives/responsibilities. Many KGB do not seem to have the time to game like they used to.

2. Money; Some have it, some do not. Investing in another game after the disappointments of the past would certainly limit those KGB that could play. I am invested in Crowfall, Eternal Crusade, and Star Citizen. This is not something I could stretch my money to cover.

3. Meta; It seems that this game is built on a pregenerated Nobility system, getting out on your own, serving your own seems ridiculously unrealistic. 20K people seriously? I would rather play this game unbound than be bound to some unknown power structure.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Well, maybe it's my tablet, my crappy connection, or both, but all I see is concept screen shots and design goals.

I can't play a design goals.

Now the most fun I've had recently has actually been in a game with one or more of my KGB brethren. That has been Star Citizen and Ark with Taxman, and more recently in BDO with Taxman and Warlord Vuldan (to me, Vuldan will forever and always be the Warlord).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently there is no aspect of this game that is playable. It's all concept, right?

We can keep this game under observation. It may be wonderful, in a couple of years, but in the meantime, there are battles to be fought NOW, fame and glory to be earned NOW, armies we need to raise NOW, if we want to succeed there, someday, if someday ever comes.

If we can't do it now, we will never be able to do it. The deciding factor is not in any particular game. WE are the deciding factor. Game mechanics are important, but if WE do not make the choice to be great, we never will be.

The choices we make NOW determine our future success.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Another hey I am making a game, it will be everything everyone has ever wanted in a game (wink) get in on the ground floor, be important ....give me money and I will make it so.

How about pick a game that actually exist and build a presence, show that KGB can actually muster a force.

How many games are people going to sink lots of money in.....just seems crazy. People have a ton in Star Citizen, its not even a game yet, but now people are looking for another life raft.

I just do not understand.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
With how SOTA is turning out (Horrible) and the massive backing I have in Star Citizen, I have no interest in dropping more money into another pre-alpha game. My only game focus since 2012 has been the eventual release of Star Citizen. Maybe once it launches it would be worth something but I'm not to sure how new games with player paid backings that large will turn out in the long run.

Last edited by Zhou; 10/09/16 06:28 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
S
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
S
I have no problem with anyone who does not want to pledge I respect that, I am not asking anyone to pledge I just wanted to point everyone who is truly interested in the right direction. Everyone has a right to like or dislike any game out there.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I am also hoping that we can ALL muster/unite under a common banner for a change! I know that we CAN have multiple games but I certainly don't feel like it make us a stronger organization for that, especially with the ADHD gamers pulling around the organization like their own private pull-toy.

All of my energy and focus currently is being spent on a game that DOES exist... and seems to have a cold shoulder from most of our membership. Beyond that - I am focused on Star Citizen and nothing else. I will keep an eye on this title - but so far all I am seeing is "possibilities" and those can change drastically over time.

SotA turned out to be DRASTICALLY different from what I backed as well. CoE seems cool - but sooo very early. I am glad we have people involved with looking at and evaluating the game over time - but I do not see myself joining in right now to support its development.

For me it seems that Star Citizen seems to be very much on track with what most of our folks would enjoy (except for the 'must be elf/gnome/mage/fantasy' types). For once we will be able to support the FPS folks with Star Marine style boarding/assaults as well as trade and manufacturing, science, and mining folks. How many of our members feel the same? I really don't know - but like JetStar and others I am very excited about it. Other members already seem already content in poking holes and throwing doubts about if Star Citizen is going to be or even if it will "release". This is something I hate to see.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Here is my opinion on the matter, and this is in no ways meant to upset or encourage arguments.

1. Even if every Ancient of KGB were to be awakened, and even if the games potential was a reality, and even if we could raise our own Kingdom. Participation levels always die off, much of KGB is aging and has not been shown to display any longevity. People have constantly changing lives/responsibilities. Many KGB do not seem to have the time to game like they used to.

2. Money; Some have it, some do not. Investing in another game after the disappointments of the past would certainly limit those KGB that could play. I am invested in Crowfall, Eternal Crusade, and Star Citizen. This is not something I could stretch my money to cover.

3. Meta; It seems that this game is built on a pregenerated Nobility system, getting out on your own, serving your own seems ridiculously unrealistic. 20K people seriously? I would rather play this game unbound than be bound to some unknown power structure.

Awakening the old KGB probably wont happen. We have seen examples in history where a core group of veterans and a new following creates a new generation. Look at Darkfall and Archage as great examples.

Being 49, I was already in my 40's when DFO hit and I was playing 4 to 8 hours a day.

What is missing? The passion.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I require something that doesn't want to make me turn my computer off every 30 minuets. There are to many other things in life to enjoy than being frustrated with a piss poor planned title.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

Awakening the old KGB probably wont happen. We have seen examples in history where a core group of veterans and a new following creates a new generation. Look at Darkfall and Archage as great examples.

Being 49, I was already in my 40's when DFO hit and I was playing 4 to 8 hours a day.

What is missing? The passion.

I would say this applies to you in almost any and all games these days. I cant recall a title, perhaps DFO 1, in which you were actually active and enjoying it.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard