The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/05/16 11:30 PM
POTENTIAL KGB FACTION IN CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA

Lots of KGBers are excited about this title, and I am considering a KGB Federal Investment in the game to secure a good spot. Take a look at the video below. This game reminds me of a modern original UO style game with the potential for us to relive our historical roll.

Senator Shock and I have been in talk talking at length and he is collecting data. Please take a look and chime in
this thread. If the interest is there, I will start a forum.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sou...orpg-with-aging
Posted By: JetStar Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/05/16 11:32 PM

Posted By: Wolfgang Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 02:02 AM
Those guys from laughing Coffin in the first video are laughable. Talking about how tough they are going to be killing everyone. lol
Posted By: Viria Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 02:39 AM
I will try anything that the group tries...often i'm not fussed at first but get addicted all the same. i tend to not look into hype too much
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 03:39 AM
Hi Guys I've been keeping up with this game now for a good bit & have a lot of info I'll be posting a detailed post soon. I have not been this Excited & hyped about a game in over 20 years this game is going to be Epic from everything I've seen so far, stay tuned for a good update.
Posted By: Kleenex Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 09:54 AM
I will play this game. ^^
Posted By: Elorme Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 12:05 PM
I am currently looking at the merchant package. I am still researching that side of things, as I like crafting, and trading.

Ps: I started with Ultima Online back in beta. I still have my CD.
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 03:27 PM
Alright let me talk about this game a bit, I am currently Pledged at a Count I have spend over $540 so far on this game & certainly plan to fully play it I have found a Kingdom & Duke to belong to as an Count, I'd Suggest all of us KGB roll under this Kingdom as I don't think we know enough people to do our own kingdom your looking at upwards of 20k people under you.

So this game has a ton to offer Perma Death so you have to pass your soul on to your children to play after that, don't let that Discourage you however bc anything you've been working on you will get a faster learning curve on that skill.

This game has no leveling truly is like UO in that aspect

This game does not have the Standard Guild Structure you see in most games, you can be in unlimited guilds at one time as long as the Focus in those guilds is something different such as bow crafting, weapon smiths ect

that said we can be KGB in that game & still be under the Kingdom they do have a few rules but mostly we can do what we want, they are a really good group of people.

This game is a lot more RP style however so take that into Consideration.

This is by far not my full post yet guys I Want to fill you all in with as much info as possible so for now I'm going to leave you all with some links with some good info.

my Friend Code: 826CCB

Chronicles Of Elyria Pledge Store

Chronicles Of Elyria WIKI

I'll add some more here in a bit when I have some time
but I have to say I'm super hyped about this game more than I have any game since UO was out.

Please use my friend code if you plan to pledge or sign up it will help me raise more IP points which will help me in choosing my County before other counts making sure I can secure a larger & fuller Resource County, plus I will be able to get you all in my County with land ect.

More on this later

Thanks

Shock
Posted By: Vuldan Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 06:50 PM
The problem is this, and its not an easy one to get around, KGB does not do well subservient to any other rule set. Don't get me wrong, I was interested/am still interested in this title. I was looking at count or duke myself, but I do not want to be subservient to anyone else's rules. Plain and simple.
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 07:04 PM
Whatever you want to play is what you should play as
Posted By: Brommas Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 07:31 PM
I'm in
Posted By: Timbleweed Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 07:58 PM
Looks interesting, count me in.
Posted By: JetStar Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 10:22 PM
Well, perhaps I can get Romeo to invest with me in a Kingdom if there is enough interest. Hell. If we can awaken the entire guild, I just might spring for it.

Problem here is that we can lose it as soon as the timer is up if we do not get a huge alliance going.

Keep talking.
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 11:08 PM
Keep in mind if you go for a kingdom you need 20K players to follow you
Posted By: Owain Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/06/16 11:28 PM
I don't think the KGB is particularly interested in reliving the UO days. If we were, there would be more interest/participation in BDO.

How can we hope for 20k if we can't field 50?

I'm camping with limited internet, so the video is loading slowly. I'll give it a watch.
Posted By: Owain Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/07/16 12:04 AM
Maybe it's because I'm on a tablet (Kindle Fire), but none of the videos load.

I am not excited about getting wrapped up in yet another pre alpha game. Shroud of the Avatar turned out badly, and Star Citizen is taking
a time that is asymptotically approaching forever.

I think instead we should be working together in a game NOW that is currently released to show that we can still function together in large numbers NOW. Pick a game. Any game, and let's see if we can really get everyone going in the same direction for more than a month or two at a stretch.

This may be a GREAT game, but if we can't work together NOW, we won't be magically able to pull it off in this game later down the road, no matter how much money we throw at it.

The game will still be there, if and when it is ever released. In the meantime, we could be doing something useful together. NOW!
Posted By: Ezrah Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/07/16 01:56 PM
I'm so glad you guys are considering playing this game, 'cause I was seriously thinking about playing it and I'll finally be able to play with some of you since I didn't transfer in Archeage with the rest of KGB :/
Count me in (kinda hoping crappy computer can run it...)
Posted By: Vuldan Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/07/16 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Owain
Maybe it's because I'm on a tablet (Kindle Fire), but none of the videos load.

I am not excited about getting wrapped up in yet another pre alpha game. Shroud of the Avatar turned out badly, and Star Citizen is taking
a time that is asymptotically approaching forever.

I think instead we should be working together in a game NOW that is currently released to show that we can still function together in large numbers NOW. Pick a game. Any game, and let's see if we can really get everyone going in the same direction for more than a month or two at a stretch.

This may be a GREAT game, but if we can't work together NOW, we won't be magically able to pull it off in this game later down the road, no matter how much money we throw at it.

The game will still be there, if and when it is ever released. In the meantime, we could be doing something useful together. NOW!

The greatest mistake KGB ever made was being a "any game anyone wants to play" guild. I know, some will say you cant force people blah blah blah. Horseshit. Wanna be KGB, then play the game or one of VERY FEW games KGB plays. This ADHD I am bored now lets move to the next one BS is so part of the issue. I must have 30 games in steam, purchased cause members of KGB were here or there, that I don't play now cause they don't play. Yes, you know exactly who you are and I am pointing fingers.

This title appears to have potential. I have no issue supporting a move there, Shock has already put a good amount of money into it, as I believe Zombiez has. I have no problem contributing to the cause one way or the other, the only thing I said, and will stand by, is that KGB does not do well under anyone else's ruleset. We just simply don't function subserviently in most cases. Could we be Dukes and Counts here and make it work, most likely, but when you have leaders from other clans, you run into issues when they want to turn left and your value system is to the right. We have been fucked like this before. I would submit, KGB COULD must 1500 to 5000 supporters, if we could gather in the ones who have left and the clans we have been long time allies with, Purple Dragons, CoTP (who will balk at the subservience also I bet) and some others.

Shock, who, anywhere, can get 20k fucking supporters...do they already have any?

I didn't comment to piss on a parade, I pointed out facts. I'm just trying to keep the focus on what is, not what may be should this game reach anywhere near it's potential.
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/07/16 03:19 PM
They do Indeed have Quite the Following more than anyone else at the moment, & keep in mind just because your in their Kingdom does not mean your in a guild with them. I'd love to see us have our Own Kingdom but overall it's a lot of work and I'd rather work up to it personally I'd suggest learning about the game much more before knowing you can do something it much deeper & complex than it looks.

Also Guild are not a Standard thing in this game you will need to be in several if you want to play well in this game to your needs, I will explain more in detail on this later on I need to look at a few of the Q&A docs to pull some information for you all that should sort this out a bit.
Posted By: JetStar Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/07/16 04:21 PM
Our system and structure supports a large organization as well as a sub-guild system. We designed it this way.

1. Why are we not united?

There has not been a strong enough title to united us.

2. Could this be the title?

Maybe

We also have a huge Star Citizen following if that comes to fruition. These two titles are the most exciting to me.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/07/16 06:44 PM
No pre funding anything anymore they get a working game live and we are playing then I am there
Posted By: Drakiis Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/07/16 06:46 PM
Here is my opinion on the matter, and this is in no ways meant to upset or encourage arguments.

1. Even if every Ancient of KGB were to be awakened, and even if the games potential was a reality, and even if we could raise our own Kingdom. Participation levels always die off, much of KGB is aging and has not been shown to display any longevity. People have constantly changing lives/responsibilities. Many KGB do not seem to have the time to game like they used to.

2. Money; Some have it, some do not. Investing in another game after the disappointments of the past would certainly limit those KGB that could play. I am invested in Crowfall, Eternal Crusade, and Star Citizen. This is not something I could stretch my money to cover.

3. Meta; It seems that this game is built on a pregenerated Nobility system, getting out on your own, serving your own seems ridiculously unrealistic. 20K people seriously? I would rather play this game unbound than be bound to some unknown power structure.
Posted By: Owain Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/08/16 05:45 PM
Well, maybe it's my tablet, my crappy connection, or both, but all I see is concept screen shots and design goals.

I can't play a design goals.

Now the most fun I've had recently has actually been in a game with one or more of my KGB brethren. That has been Star Citizen and Ark with Taxman, and more recently in BDO with Taxman and Warlord Vuldan (to me, Vuldan will forever and always be the Warlord).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently there is no aspect of this game that is playable. It's all concept, right?

We can keep this game under observation. It may be wonderful, in a couple of years, but in the meantime, there are battles to be fought NOW, fame and glory to be earned NOW, armies we need to raise NOW, if we want to succeed there, someday, if someday ever comes.

If we can't do it now, we will never be able to do it. The deciding factor is not in any particular game. WE are the deciding factor. Game mechanics are important, but if WE do not make the choice to be great, we never will be.

The choices we make NOW determine our future success.
Posted By: Banshee Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/09/16 01:25 AM
Another hey I am making a game, it will be everything everyone has ever wanted in a game (wink) get in on the ground floor, be important ....give me money and I will make it so.

How about pick a game that actually exist and build a presence, show that KGB can actually muster a force.

How many games are people going to sink lots of money in.....just seems crazy. People have a ton in Star Citizen, its not even a game yet, but now people are looking for another life raft.

I just do not understand.
Posted By: Zhou Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/10/16 01:23 AM
With how SOTA is turning out (Horrible) and the massive backing I have in Star Citizen, I have no interest in dropping more money into another pre-alpha game. My only game focus since 2012 has been the eventual release of Star Citizen. Maybe once it launches it would be worth something but I'm not to sure how new games with player paid backings that large will turn out in the long run.
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/10/16 02:29 AM
I have no problem with anyone who does not want to pledge I respect that, I am not asking anyone to pledge I just wanted to point everyone who is truly interested in the right direction. Everyone has a right to like or dislike any game out there.
Posted By: Taxman Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/11/16 06:39 PM
I am also hoping that we can ALL muster/unite under a common banner for a change! I know that we CAN have multiple games but I certainly don't feel like it make us a stronger organization for that, especially with the ADHD gamers pulling around the organization like their own private pull-toy.

All of my energy and focus currently is being spent on a game that DOES exist... and seems to have a cold shoulder from most of our membership. Beyond that - I am focused on Star Citizen and nothing else. I will keep an eye on this title - but so far all I am seeing is "possibilities" and those can change drastically over time.

SotA turned out to be DRASTICALLY different from what I backed as well. CoE seems cool - but sooo very early. I am glad we have people involved with looking at and evaluating the game over time - but I do not see myself joining in right now to support its development.

For me it seems that Star Citizen seems to be very much on track with what most of our folks would enjoy (except for the 'must be elf/gnome/mage/fantasy' types). For once we will be able to support the FPS folks with Star Marine style boarding/assaults as well as trade and manufacturing, science, and mining folks. How many of our members feel the same? I really don't know - but like JetStar and others I am very excited about it. Other members already seem already content in poking holes and throwing doubts about if Star Citizen is going to be or even if it will "release". This is something I hate to see.
Posted By: JetStar Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/12/16 10:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Here is my opinion on the matter, and this is in no ways meant to upset or encourage arguments.

1. Even if every Ancient of KGB were to be awakened, and even if the games potential was a reality, and even if we could raise our own Kingdom. Participation levels always die off, much of KGB is aging and has not been shown to display any longevity. People have constantly changing lives/responsibilities. Many KGB do not seem to have the time to game like they used to.

2. Money; Some have it, some do not. Investing in another game after the disappointments of the past would certainly limit those KGB that could play. I am invested in Crowfall, Eternal Crusade, and Star Citizen. This is not something I could stretch my money to cover.

3. Meta; It seems that this game is built on a pregenerated Nobility system, getting out on your own, serving your own seems ridiculously unrealistic. 20K people seriously? I would rather play this game unbound than be bound to some unknown power structure.

Awakening the old KGB probably wont happen. We have seen examples in history where a core group of veterans and a new following creates a new generation. Look at Darkfall and Archage as great examples.

Being 49, I was already in my 40's when DFO hit and I was playing 4 to 8 hours a day.

What is missing? The passion.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/15/16 12:33 AM
I require something that doesn't want to make me turn my computer off every 30 minuets. There are to many other things in life to enjoy than being frustrated with a piss poor planned title.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/15/16 06:05 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

Awakening the old KGB probably wont happen. We have seen examples in history where a core group of veterans and a new following creates a new generation. Look at Darkfall and Archage as great examples.

Being 49, I was already in my 40's when DFO hit and I was playing 4 to 8 hours a day.

I would say this applies to you in almost any and all games these days. I cant recall a title, perhaps DFO 1, in which you were actually active and enjoying it.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/15/16 08:17 PM
Like I posted back in may when I first brought this game up for potential review it still holds one major worry for me.

3rd person over the shoulder PoV....

These new games need to stop it.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/15/16 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

I think we can muster up that Passion again with an exotic style of frogger. :)
Posted By: Owain Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/16/16 05:38 PM
Passion is not an attribute granted by a game. I get my passion from my battle brothers and sisters. If all you do is solo grind, it is true there is no passion to be had there. It is in leading and being led, in shared glories and hardship, in helping others and being helped in turn that our passion for the KGB lies.

If any among us are wanting for passion, then they are not spending enough time among us.
Posted By: JetStar Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/17/16 05:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
I would say this applies to you in almost any and all games these days. I cant recall a title, perhaps DFO 1, in which you were actually active and enjoying it.

Personally, the game has to have world politics for me to really get into it. I have briefly played just about everything we have gotten into since DFO. There has to be a JetStar hook.
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/17/16 09:41 AM
Tons of Politics to be had in COE honestly, I'm getting ready to move today but when I get settled in I'll see what I can type up to talk about this end of the game
Posted By: Drakiis Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/22/16 02:25 AM
Vuldan you just can't resist taking cheap shots at me and turning a discussion into an argument. I'll refrain from posting what I had originally intended for you out of respect for jet and romes
Posted By: Vuldan Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/23/16 02:03 PM
Vuldan you just can't resist taking cheap shots at me and turning a discussion into an argument. I'll refrain from posting what I had originally intended for you out of respect for jet and romes

Actually, it was a comment about Jet. His response to your post is why I included you for context. See Jet's response about 3 posts or so up.
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/31/16 03:19 PM
Well I'm now at $3,750.00 Invested into COE
Posted By: Vuldan Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 10/31/16 09:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Shock
Well I'm now at $3,750.00 Invested into COE

Courageous or foolhardy. I will support you and hope this one comes out lol
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 11/01/16 03:51 PM
That's a lot of money that could have easily went to the consumption of some Crown Royal Regal Apple.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 06/07/17 01:52 AM
Any updates on this title?
Posted By: Shock Re: CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA - 01/11/18 11:56 PM
Hello everyone sorry for the silence the game is coming along nicely should have alpha access here in the near future I'll keep you all posted
© The KGB Oracle