KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#137990 08/24/16 03:44 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
When we first started in BDO we had a lot of guild mates that started with us. Some decided this was not the game they wanted to play so we lost a good portion of our pvp core group. This lead to a downward spiral effect and those that were playing 24/7 got very much ahead of others in the guild. They decided to leave so they could enjoy more of the pvp side of the game. This is understandable but now we had 3 more people leave the guild and its getting ridiculous because if the people that left before them were still with us we would now have a good pvp group. So the way I see things is to be with KGB only until you get super geared then bail to go to another guild. And I believe its because of the open faction that we cannot get our guild built up to the level that it should be. This hurts all of us that are loyal to the KGB tag. I am very proud and honored to be a member of KGB and will remain in the KGB guild no matter what. I wish our other guild members could think this way. We would have been an awesome pvp force by now.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
It is an ongoing challenge with BDO game mechanics. There are ongoing discussions about this. I hope it comes together!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Yah, the history there is slightly off Meaculpa...we started with quite a few when Shock was running the show, Zombies caused a bunch of drama and people went to the sides...it's been dicey...then with the game mechanic changes, other issues and concerns and the semi-sorta merge with some other guild, many folks took a breather. Some of us are slowly coming back (I myself was in for three or four days before I had to travel for a week for work) and I know that I plan on picking up more. I won't play under a guild tag as a sub unit though. I can go play with CoTP in that case, and KGB deserves better representation. I haven't been able to to talk to Taxman yet, but will see whats up when I get home Friday night. I have never agreed with the open faction concept. We should be KGB or not represent if we can't put our true face forward in a game.

One day at a time.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Thanks for the post Mea, totally agree with you on this. Vuldan as well - things have DEFINITELY been "dicey".

Indeed, it feels like we are spinning our wheels by leveling folks up and they just leave to play for some other guild because KGB isn't doing PVP in-game currently. Well that will be changing as we will start taking part in Node Wars again; the folks whom left (yesterday) KNEW that - they just decided to leave anyway (apparently NEXT week just wasn't soon enough for them). *shrugs*

I was not really happy about us merging under Lethality myself; but was doing so for the PVP-centered folks that wanted a larger group to play with. Once again - the folks involved bailed, and then Lethality themselves collapsed. So here we are back to KGB in-game; even thought it is with a smaller group. I suppose on the flip side of this, we are talking with the folks that are still left in Lethality and perhaps they will come join KGB now! Evy is working with them, supposed to find out more about that next week. We will NOT be merging with or subbing under any other guild - KGB will stand on its own or will close out of BDO entirely.

Really all that we need right now is to get some more DEDICATED folks in-game and keep our eyes on the prize. Once we do, and have the ability to go CLOSED faction - the folks whom left will either have to come back to fight under the KGB tag; or they will have to resign:

Quote:
General Order 2: "Thou shalt swear faith to no other nation but KGB”

OFFICIAL FACTION (CLOSED)

In game worlds / servers classified as an OFFICIAL FACTION, you are exclusively a Citizen of the KGB. You must put the goals of the KGB ahead of your own, and put your loyalty to KGB above all else. As a KGB citizen, you must not be a member of any other organization. You will be asked to terminate your citizenship in KGB if you are not willing to comply with the order

Currently, we do have a pretty solid group - really it will just take a few more. In fact we added a few more Knights over the weekend (Supreme Knight Wildcard, Knight Nemhain), and I have been talking with Supreme Knight Vuldan, Supreme Knight Crimthan, and Knight 5050 as well. All of these folks are long-standing KGB members! If we pick up 5-10 more folks, that is really all we would need to carry forward!

In fact, I plan on getting with JetStar and issuing a "Call To Arms" for KGB as a whole; this may very well be the best time to do it in fact. Because without more dedicated folks to join to push things into a CLOSED faction - we will likely continue to loose our best warriors to other guilds (or games) because that PVP action is what they crave. This is definitely NOT something I want to see continue happening.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
This is the very reason why I advocate eliminating open factions entirely. They promote not only divided loyalties, but also active disloyalty.

Last edited by Owain; 08/25/16 08:21 AM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Good point, I think it should be CLOSED Faction myself [yes]

KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Thank you everyone that posted your comments. I am once again optimistic that we will get this guild to the level of KGB excellence. I know with Taxman as our leader we cannot lose!

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Don't trust that Vuldan guy, he is really, really, really, old and his mind is not right. How much good could he be in a fight if he can't even fight his way out of his chair?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Meaculpa
Thank you everyone that posted your comments. I am once again optimistic that we will get this guild to the level of KGB excellence. I know with Taxman as our leader we cannot lose!

Thanks Mea!

Doing the best that I can, it is not an easy thing by any means! It will take everyone's hard work to make it happen - and some more "DEDICATED" folks to join up to help with this. But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel and have hope that our KGB brothers and sisters in-arms will enable it to happen!

I am definitely with you on your concerns!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Open and closed is a simple concept. You have to have the numbers and strength to close. The faction itself decides weather to open or close. Feds need to approve.

I am working on a new proposal on what it takes to create a closed faction. More to come.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard