KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,008,018 Trump card
1,337,852 Picture Thread
477,360 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Please let me know if we start KoS'ing Rebellion as well; I'm one of the ones who has chosen to "not show up to events" until such a time as we are not allied with these people.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
Please let me know if we start KoS'ing Rebellion as well; I'm one of the ones who has chosen to "not show up to events" until such a time as we are not allied with these people.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
What's a polite way to avoid adding Rebellion to a raid group outside of events? Was getting dragon scales with a raid of KGB and at least 3 KGB members in the raid were people who made it known they would leave group if I were to invite them. I also don't like grouping with them outside of events as I do have a history with them so I didn't want to add them to my raid, but I didn't want to seem rude. Are we obligated to add them?

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Kamrel
What's a polite way to avoid adding Rebellion to a raid group outside of events? Was getting dragon scales with a raid of KGB and at least 3 KGB members in the raid were people who made it known they would leave group if I were to invite them. I also don't like grouping with them outside of events as I do have a history with them so I didn't want to add them to my raid, but I didn't want to seem rude. Are we obligated to add them?

Nope, you do not need to group with them at all (or invite them to your raid) outside of events; we have no real allegiance to them outside of events other than not killing each other.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Silver Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
So...

We're allied with them for events only. We're NAPed outside of events (I'm guessing to keep them from hating us).

What's the gain here? Is it like Bandit implied? To basically add more numbers to the alliance?

Are we that close to losing our grip on major events?

I'm only asking because
1) It seemed like we were enjoying being contested
2) Are there any other ways to raise our bar other than adding numbers?

I grant there are a few cool people in R but from what I've seen so far, they come to alliance events and don't listen and do as much damage as good.

If the alliance is bringing them in to bolster numbers, and not calibre, to me that just says moar zerg.

Just an idea, but instead of growing a zerg hoard, what about doing things to make us stronger? We have war generals right? (I don't know because jetstar is still working on a way to see who is who). If we do have war generals, I would think, again, not sure though, that they would be tasked with not only leading raids, but seeking avenues to make us stronger, such as workshops, or drills, or team building excercises.

Could that be an effective alternative to zerging?

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Fiery wanted to try another guild in the alliance, not because we don't like PvP, but because there are groups that have already started rolling characters here that have aligned with our enemies; they suggested Rebellion and we gave them a try. Both Fiery and KGB have been having issues with them during the course of the trial period; however, they have been more than open to working out the faults and both Spooney and Pedxs (which combined hold 2 of the 3 alliance votes) are 100% for them becoming an official member of our alliance after we all sat down and discussed the issues we had with their membership.

KGB has expressed its concerns with Rebellion joining and have also aired our concerns about things that have occurred over the past few months and more recently, the past week. Their leadership is going to attempt to work on them and has asked both sides to bear with them while they work towards making their membership aware of our complaints.

As of last night, Rebellion are 100% a member of the alliance and have a share count equal to any other member of the alliance (as we split based on head-count.) They are currently required to be in raids with us during alliance events so that we can keep track of their head-counts; however, this is no longer a trial period, regardless of where we, in KGB, stand on it. They will either hang themselves by continuing to upset people in our guilds or end up falling in line, only time will tell, but they will put forth the effort.

As for our Generals, all leadership for AA is listed on the ArcheAge Forums, under the officer post. Our faction is not strictly a military one and membership is not forced to partake in PvP exercises. With that being said, if someone "wanted" to attempt some (officer or not), it is more than welcome, but due to everyone's limited play-times based on alliance events as well as temporary game events, I am not going to require people attend even more structured events.

Quote:
In game worlds / servers classified as an OFFICIAL FACTION, you are exclusively a Citizen of the KGB. You must put the goals of the KGB ahead of your own, and put your loyalty to KGB above all else.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
You should be happy that the AA Alliance list is as clean as it is and that it's not a repeat of Darkfall and the "who is on first" daily questions for KoS vs Friendly vs Neutral

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Silver Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
You should be happy that the AA Alliance list is as clean as it is and that it's not a repeat of Darkfall and the "who is on first" daily questions for KoS vs Friendly vs Neutral

Wouldn't it just be easier if everyone was KoS? (Don't answer that).

Thanks Romeo for the explanation and update. So it seems like we need to keep up our ratio vs. that of our enemies and Rebellion was the cream that rose. It's good to hear that they acknowledge some things to work on to make things smoother.

I dunno, we'll see how it goes. Alliances forged can be good, can be rough, can bring good blood and bad... But you're right, if they act like douches, they will dig their own grave.

I don't think we have to worry so much about enemy forces, even though they are out there, they seem to be lacking good, consistent leadership. It seems like they rally here and there, and then after some beat downs and time, kind of give up. If strong leadership shows up to the party, then we might get to sweat some.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Red = Dead.

Oh wait, that requires AA to deliver on the Player Faction game mechanic.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard