The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Silver Our friends at Rebellion - 08/19/15 09:16 PM
A couple things:

1) I'd like some clarification on the extent of our friendship with rebellion. What they can expect from our guild (and KGB/Fiery/Karma alliance) and viceversa.

2) I have an issue with Snuffis being in Rebellion and Snufalapagus being in Takeda, a KOS guild to our alliance. At face value, it feels wrong to be helping a guild that has blatant ties to an enemy. What he, or anyone gains, as an ally on one side, can be easily transferred to an alt, be it gold, assets, and especially knowledge. This seems like a HUGE conflict of interest and I can't help but wonder what our stance is on this.

Thanks!
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/19/15 11:51 PM
We are currently allied with them for alliance events and world bosses; past that we are on friendly relations with them and for lack of a better term, we may soon have a NAP with them when not at alliance events and such to avoid hard feelings during events. Fiery has a full NAP with them and will not be attacking Rebellion unless the Rebellion are attacking KGB members.

As for Snuffis, he is not in our guild and it is not up to us if they allow his alt to be in other guilds. They claim they are currently using his alt to know when Takeda is out hunting for trade ships, as well as to help them turn in packs in Solis during off-hours. They do not care that his alt was tagged Takeda prior and they do not care if he keeps it in Takeda.

Fiery members also have alt characters in many Western guilds which is also allowed as they are not subject to our rules.
Posted By: Anisa Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 02:50 AM
I want to understand why we are allied with them? That guild is full of trash talkers, cart blockers and trolls. Many of us have one or the other blocked in game because we got tired of what spewed from their orifices. We have had guild call outs in the past to help kgb members because daesie and crew were using mobs to break their carts.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 07:39 AM
Because allies are not something we decide by ourselves. Each guild in the alliance gets a vote, and Fiery and Karma are 100% for it; so regardless of our stance, they will be allied during alliance events; however, I am 100% for it as well, so it is a unanimous alliance decision. From that standpoint, it is difficult to work with a guild when you are killing them and taking packs outside of alliance events and expect support during said events; so that is why our stance is to not engage outside of events as well.

In addition, their guild is very friendly with several of our members; yes they have their trolly members and those who "used" to call us out in faction; however, for the most part 90% of their guild are good people that I have never had an issue with. We were also allied with these same people, when the pirates were part of this alliance, yet none of this was an issue then. Tikal even used to be an officer in our original alliance.

Anyone who has an issue working with them is free to not show up to events; they are not now nor have they ever been mandatory, in addition, we are not allied in the regular world, so you are not obligated to lend them a hand; however, we will be NAP'd outside of alliance events for the success of the alliance.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 12:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
However, I am 100% for it as well, so it is a unanimous alliance decision.
Since when did decisions of this type become the "sole" perview of one person. It is NOT just "your" decision. You have done a great job with this faction, but this goes over this is not the first time we have followed this path, and this is going over the line.

Anyone who has an issue working with them is free to not show up to events;
So anyone with an issue has to forgo the benefits of being at the events due to a decision they did not make, in the interest of? This is completely unacceptable. NO ALLIANCE COMES BEFORE A SINGLE KGB MEMBER.

As noted, I think Romeo has done a fantastic job with the faction in AA. But this is not the first guild move that has been made without any communication or discussion, perhaps other than the very small cadre of close knit "officers", and perhaps that is more of a pain than it's worth as we are spread out like crazy, but bottom line remains the same, this is not a single persons decision, and no alliance decision should come before the consideration of KGB members.
Posted By: Derid Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 03:33 PM

Vuldan, as a point of law within the guild Romeo does actually have the ability to unilaterally set alliances and diplomatic relations.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 04:21 PM
I made this comment a couple of nights ago.

Rebellion won't be around long, they will honk it up at some point. It's like Corporate Law of the Cubicle's. Don't like the way things are today, wait 6 months and it will all change again. Except in Rebellions case it won't take that long.

Yes, most/some of the Rebellion guys are typical douche canoes and given enough rope and time will completely screw anything positive and forward moving up, given the chance.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 05:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Since when did decisions of this type become the "sole" perview of one person. It is NOT just "your" decision. You have done a great job with this faction, but this goes over this is not the first time we have followed this path, and this is going over the line.

So anyone with an issue has to forgo the benefits of being at the events due to a decision they did not make, in the interest of? This is completely unacceptable. NO ALLIANCE COMES BEFORE A SINGLE KGB MEMBER.

As noted, I think Romeo has done a fantastic job with the faction in AA. But this is not the first guild move that has been made without any communication or discussion, perhaps other than the very small cadre of close knit "officers", and perhaps that is more of a pain than it's worth as we are spread out like crazy, but bottom line remains the same, this is not a single persons decision, and no alliance decision should come before the consideration of KGB members.

Vuldan, as High Chancellor, I have every right to enter the guild into alliances with or without discussing it with membership; you of all people, being around so long should know this. It is "MY" decision as to whom we ally with, whether or not you support it you will adhere to the policy set in place. KGB is not a democracy and never has been.

As for the events, the alliance does come first, because without the alliance there are no events. So rather than punish an entire guild (KGB) for 4 - 5 members being upset with a NAP by leaving the alliance, we will maintain our alliance and accept the new group of people in it. Again if you have any problem with it, you are more than welcome to come discuss; however, you will adhere to the policy set in place.

As for Tasorins comment; he is correct, Rebellion will not last forever, let alone a long time and we will take advantage of their help for as long as it benefits us. Allied for events; NAP'd outside of them.
Posted By: Bandit Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 05:41 PM
There will be a lot of new people joining the server soon, most of them will probably not join KGB/Fiery/Karma/Rebellion. We are going to need the help or we could lose the end game content battle.

I have full respect and support in Romeo's decisions.

Also, my boat patrol crew will not be engaging Rebellion anymore in accordance with these terms, including Snuffy.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Vuldan, as High Chancellor, I have every right to enter the guild into alliances with or without discussing it with membership; you of all people, being around so long should know this. It is "MY" decision as to whom we ally with, whether or not you support it you will adhere to the policy set in place. KGB is not a democracy and never has been.

As for the events, the alliance does come first, because without the alliance there are no events. So rather than punish an entire guild (KGB) for 4 - 5 members being upset with a NAP by leaving the alliance, we will maintain our alliance and accept the new group of people in it. Again if you have any problem with it, you are more than welcome to come discuss; however, you will adhere to the policy set in place.

As for Tasorins comment; he is correct, Rebellion will not last forever, let alone a long time and we will take advantage of their help for as long as it benefits us. Allied for events; NAP'd outside of them.

Im old, I forget things and yes, I stand corrected. All good in my world. I do not recall when the power shifted, but no matter. I am a big boy and can make my own decisions beyond that. [watching]
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/21/15 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Bandit
There will be a lot of new people joining the server soon, most of them will probably not join KGB/Fiery/Karma/Rebellion. We are going to need the help or we could lose the end game content battle.

Quoted for truth.

The scuttlebutt I have been able to extrapolate via passive gathering supports a lot of salty tears where other "big fish" with high gear scores and enough people to contest want to come to Ollo and poop all in the Fiery/KGB cheerios.

You better start getting all those band wagon win-train pve monkeys squared away with gear, mats and provisions for heightened PVP and contested PVE. You know what happens if you start getting your poop pushed in. All the whining and crying starts because you all aren't full of win all day long with no one really contesting you openly at every turn.

It's no different than its ever been. You start small, get stable, start making an impact, grow in size and force and then get a target on your back. Don't fall prey to what usually happens in the boon-wain of coming to power then getting crushed as others seek to usurp your power play and then the usurpers become the power base and it's rinse and repeat.

Posted By: Exey Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 03:23 AM
Just for record keeping purposes, Tikal threatened to camp Valar and Suga in hellswamp tonight while they were pushing peace to run packs. Have details in screenshots.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 05:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Exey
Just for record keeping purposes, Tikal threatened to camp Valar and Suga in hellswamp tonight while they were pushing peace to run packs. Have details in screenshots.

Oh, please tell me he acted on this so we can go back to fighting; their attitude lately has been quiet disgusting.
Posted By: Valarmorghuliss Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 06:02 AM
http://postimg.org/image/5odwmrz0x/

http://postimg.org/image/gdexahw6f/
Posted By: Derid Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 09:29 AM
If we start camping Rebellion , someone message me on Steam or something if you need a raidbreaker.
Posted By: Anisa Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 12:14 PM
Let me know as well please :)
Posted By: Goriom Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 02:39 PM
+1 here, just tell me where and when.
Posted By: Zsane Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 05:30 PM
Let Sidara and I know as well. Donk has my info and I'm on Steam.

I enjoy knocking heads around when it is well deserved.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/26/15 08:12 PM
Nuia Priestess kill camp incoming...

It's all fun and games until your people get kill camped out of the title.

It's not winning unless they /uninstall
Posted By: Exey Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/28/15 01:57 AM
We used to force people to drop tag in Lineage 2.. shit was so demoralizing and awesome
Posted By: Wildcard Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/28/15 03:44 PM
Please let me know if we start KoS'ing Rebellion as well; I'm one of the ones who has chosen to "not show up to events" until such a time as we are not allied with these people.
Posted By: Anisa Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/28/15 10:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
Please let me know if we start KoS'ing Rebellion as well; I'm one of the ones who has chosen to "not show up to events" until such a time as we are not allied with these people.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Posted By: Kamrel Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/29/15 01:15 AM
What's a polite way to avoid adding Rebellion to a raid group outside of events? Was getting dragon scales with a raid of KGB and at least 3 KGB members in the raid were people who made it known they would leave group if I were to invite them. I also don't like grouping with them outside of events as I do have a history with them so I didn't want to add them to my raid, but I didn't want to seem rude. Are we obligated to add them?
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/29/15 01:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Kamrel
What's a polite way to avoid adding Rebellion to a raid group outside of events? Was getting dragon scales with a raid of KGB and at least 3 KGB members in the raid were people who made it known they would leave group if I were to invite them. I also don't like grouping with them outside of events as I do have a history with them so I didn't want to add them to my raid, but I didn't want to seem rude. Are we obligated to add them?

Nope, you do not need to group with them at all (or invite them to your raid) outside of events; we have no real allegiance to them outside of events other than not killing each other.
Posted By: Silver Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/31/15 10:45 PM
So...

We're allied with them for events only. We're NAPed outside of events (I'm guessing to keep them from hating us).

What's the gain here? Is it like Bandit implied? To basically add more numbers to the alliance?

Are we that close to losing our grip on major events?

I'm only asking because
1) It seemed like we were enjoying being contested
2) Are there any other ways to raise our bar other than adding numbers?

I grant there are a few cool people in R but from what I've seen so far, they come to alliance events and don't listen and do as much damage as good.

If the alliance is bringing them in to bolster numbers, and not calibre, to me that just says moar zerg.

Just an idea, but instead of growing a zerg hoard, what about doing things to make us stronger? We have war generals right? (I don't know because jetstar is still working on a way to see who is who). If we do have war generals, I would think, again, not sure though, that they would be tasked with not only leading raids, but seeking avenues to make us stronger, such as workshops, or drills, or team building excercises.

Could that be an effective alternative to zerging?

Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 08/31/15 11:39 PM
Fiery wanted to try another guild in the alliance, not because we don't like PvP, but because there are groups that have already started rolling characters here that have aligned with our enemies; they suggested Rebellion and we gave them a try. Both Fiery and KGB have been having issues with them during the course of the trial period; however, they have been more than open to working out the faults and both Spooney and Pedxs (which combined hold 2 of the 3 alliance votes) are 100% for them becoming an official member of our alliance after we all sat down and discussed the issues we had with their membership.

KGB has expressed its concerns with Rebellion joining and have also aired our concerns about things that have occurred over the past few months and more recently, the past week. Their leadership is going to attempt to work on them and has asked both sides to bear with them while they work towards making their membership aware of our complaints.

As of last night, Rebellion are 100% a member of the alliance and have a share count equal to any other member of the alliance (as we split based on head-count.) They are currently required to be in raids with us during alliance events so that we can keep track of their head-counts; however, this is no longer a trial period, regardless of where we, in KGB, stand on it. They will either hang themselves by continuing to upset people in our guilds or end up falling in line, only time will tell, but they will put forth the effort.

As for our Generals, all leadership for AA is listed on the ArcheAge Forums, under the officer post. Our faction is not strictly a military one and membership is not forced to partake in PvP exercises. With that being said, if someone "wanted" to attempt some (officer or not), it is more than welcome, but due to everyone's limited play-times based on alliance events as well as temporary game events, I am not going to require people attend even more structured events.

Quote:
In game worlds / servers classified as an OFFICIAL FACTION, you are exclusively a Citizen of the KGB. You must put the goals of the KGB ahead of your own, and put your loyalty to KGB above all else.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 09/01/15 05:42 PM
You should be happy that the AA Alliance list is as clean as it is and that it's not a repeat of Darkfall and the "who is on first" daily questions for KoS vs Friendly vs Neutral
Posted By: Silver Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 09/03/15 10:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
You should be happy that the AA Alliance list is as clean as it is and that it's not a repeat of Darkfall and the "who is on first" daily questions for KoS vs Friendly vs Neutral

Wouldn't it just be easier if everyone was KoS? (Don't answer that).

Thanks Romeo for the explanation and update. So it seems like we need to keep up our ratio vs. that of our enemies and Rebellion was the cream that rose. It's good to hear that they acknowledge some things to work on to make things smoother.

I dunno, we'll see how it goes. Alliances forged can be good, can be rough, can bring good blood and bad... But you're right, if they act like douches, they will dig their own grave.

I don't think we have to worry so much about enemy forces, even though they are out there, they seem to be lacking good, consistent leadership. It seems like they rally here and there, and then after some beat downs and time, kind of give up. If strong leadership shows up to the party, then we might get to sweat some.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Our friends at Rebellion - 09/04/15 08:42 PM
Red = Dead.

Oh wait, that requires AA to deliver on the Player Faction game mechanic.
© The KGB Oracle