KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#116755 04/29/13 09:02 AM
Hare Offline OP
Arch Duke
OP Offline
Arch Duke
I was pleasantly surprised during the Siege on Saturday that my pc performed so well. I have an i7 but am still using an older card GTX 460 4 mg video card. I get 55-65 fps most places and was worried about the siege being a lagfest.

I had virtually no lag and my fps was consistently 40-45 in crowded fights with it never dropping below 35. There was one load issue that I saw with an elementalist appearing on top of me and my group out of no where but other than that it was smooth as butta.

A couple of things that KGB needs to do are to be more prepared for sieges, imo. Go bags and setting up Lt. or other junior officers to coordinate KGB groups could help. The entire server knew this siege was placed communication down the line at KGB seemed lacking. We had some issue mobilizing our forces with Critters attention on the command channel etc.

Good stuff though with Critter jumping into Mumble and taking charge of the event, I was in a group with the leaders of OTG at the time and stayed with them for a 2 hour siege run that saw us win or evade every battle and eventually bind stone recall our way home with a full group that lived the whole time. They had a lot of respect for Critter I could tell from the group chat I was in.

If you weren't prepared get your "go bags" ready, if you don't know what a "go bag" is ask. Also if you think you are Jr officer material step up we need positions filled now and in the future.

Hare #116766 04/29/13 10:42 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
People with older PCs and cards should consider playing in lowest res as well as a windowed resolution at 1280x960 or lower.

Quad boxing last night with 4 accounts running, I was getting 60 frames at 1280x960 with a current PC, i7, and GTX 670 with 4g. In 2250x1200 I was getting less than 30 frames with 4 accounts. It does make a huge difference and makes the game playable in high demand situations for older PCs.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Hare #116772 04/29/13 11:16 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have a pretty solid rig and I still run on the lowest settings now.

The highest visual settings are not that much different than the lowest settings in my opinion. I ran the first week on max settings and just changed them to the lowest a few days ago. Everything is running a bit smoother now and I did not notice a big difference in the terrain/model visual quality.

Link Copied to Clipboard