KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,007,058 Trump card
1,337,740 Picture Thread
477,295 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree with you Morlander, a lot of older people or people our age think they are entitled to a game of pwning people, truth is you will always have to earn those abilities, and if you can't then either you are doing it wrong or have lost the edge to work at competing against the kids that play. It's called perseverance and determination and some people lack that motivation and drive. I am getting repeatedly owned by BR 30-65's from other Factions in PS2 and I know I am behind the curve, but I refuse to let the game or those playing it beat me, and when I do stick it to someone it's that much sweeter. Every game will be this way there is no old timers retirement mmo/mog so remove that thought if you want to continue gaming online, or play your Xbox the choice is yours.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
SB dominated every other game in toon development. You could have a max lvl character in one day. Everything else was skill/ teamwork. I'm glad the grind will be less then df1! Anything tasos can do to make it more like SBs character development I will welcome:)

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I agree with you Morlander, a lot of older people or people our age think they are entitled to a game of pwning people, truth is you will always have to earn those abilities, and if you can't then either you are doing it wrong or have lost the edge to work at competing against the kids that play. It's called perseverance and determination and some people lack that motivation and drive. I am getting repeatedly owned by BR 30-65's from other Factions in PS2 and I know I am behind the curve, but I refuse to let the game or those playing it beat me, and when I do stick it to someone it's that much sweeter. Every game will be this way there is no old timers retirement mmo/mog so remove that thought if you want to continue gaming online, or play your Xbox the choice is yours.

I don't play Xboxes. I play tribes or I 4 box Diablo 3.
And if I want to be competitive in some shit MMO, I'll do a simple thing: use some of the $ I get from working during the day to buy a completed toon to some kid. He'll get something like $2 per hour spent but still be happy. I won't have to lose any time doing shit tasks and be able to enjoy the end game if there's one I want to play.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
DF2 has been a challenging game so far. Starting with long download of game, long wait to char creation que, long wait to login. Consistent crashes, to wait again in a long que to come back and have nothing in your bag or bank. Things have improved, but are definitely still in beta and beyond the tolerance of most.

There is nothing to enjoy in this game if you are starting with nothing in your bank or bag, and no guild. Fighting the mobs with newbie gear is a challenge for these old hands and eyes. Fighting in the starter mob areas is a race to loot, and if you are not quick, a lot of your kills loot will be lost to quicker sticky fingers.

I enjoy working as part of a team, and knowing that my play makes a difference to the group as a whole. After 2-3 days of crashes and fining my way out of the training area, I was able to join and meet up with KGB. Having access to the guild bank made all the difference in enjoyment level. I could get starter tools/equipment, and enough gold to craft, and move on. I was able to focus on the harvesting side of the game. My prowess/dominion point that are needed for guilds to claim cities/hamlets rose quickly as I gathered 200 of each item (timber/cotton/stone/iron). Once the steedgrass started to come in, I knew that I was of some assistance.

I do not mind the crafting/gathering grind. I could go afk for 15-30mins and take care of wrapping presents, dealing with family issues or play another game. I know this is not for everyone, but it was working for me.

I have always enjoyed figuring out a new game, and DF2 is no different. This game is a challenge and deserves the hardcore title. There is no tab, tab, 1 2 1 1 3 success to be had that my GW2 thief had. You actually need to aim time and hit your targets. But I enjoy a challenge, and will need to find a role that I can play in DF2 that helps the guild as a whole...

Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Really the only two game mechanics related things really annoying me now bank bug & wipes. Yes, I know this is beta not the game - but I want to play a game, and would happily suffer 3X as many wipes in beta if it helps the game.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
dont waste any time until the wipes stop. just play casual and test things dont worry about building a toon.

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard