KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
chrisbcfc
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,020 Trump card
1,341,178 Picture Thread
479,101 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Darkfall Unholly Wars isn’t a game at this point; it is software being beta tested. I say this not to dis the game, I knew that logging in, or discourage anyone I say it because of those of you who are expecting to log in and play a game – will be disappointed at best. There are a lot of little things that define it as software being beta tested not a game.

For instance:
Log in times (with drops and retrying) longer than many people’s play time, most people’s attention spans. (Ok, nothing new here I can remember it in uo at times but that was years ago at 56K, I get 28mg down today I expect more)

Empty bank each time you log in. (crash or not). No collecting items, no evidence of gaining skills (that may require accruing regs which I can’t keep).

I could never see crafting tools where ever I got them, a chest or purchased them, although I could see the messages saying I bought them and my weight increasing, as well as my gold decreasing.

Haven’t been able to figure out how to skin a corpse (or see the skinning knife as previously mentioned)

The UI is strange but I am not sure bad, just something to learn. Not able to play or do enough to learn to love/hate it.
PvP isn’t even on my horizons.. Have heard of it, but doubt I would call it PvP considering it may have been some kid getting killed with some screen he doesn't have access to locked and being unable to move (I died to mobs x2 that way).

No accumulating pixels in the bank, no skill gain, the only purpose is enjoy the moment hang out and explore and look.
I suggest we go in low key wait for them to finish and secure our place. Our seasoned vets looking hit the ground running and dominate will not have a warm and fuzzy experience here today.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 12/20/12 02:39 PM.
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Starting out on a brand new toon you have a "tool bag" that has one of each tool type. You also get a portal shard so that you can port to an outlying area if you choose to.

Stats are gained and saved although inventories are not. (a ding sound and a message in the top left of your screen informs you of a stat/skill gain.)

I put a total of 18 hours into the beta so far playing each role and using each skill. Range is hard to play on the high ping but you can do it. (staff to 32, archery to 21, great axe to 26) I went to the southern bindstone of ice island after sitting in the northern most elfland starter city and farmed the bandit camp.

I even had a guy on a mount try to PK me so I jumped in the water until he decided to quit chasing me. (mounts still swim for free)

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
How do you access this tool bag? Although without it being stored in the bank there is not much point.

Also I do remember seeing such a bag... but put it in the bank for safety. :)

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 12/20/12 02:44 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Starting out on a brand new toon you have a "tool bag" that has one of each tool type. You also get a portal shard so that you can port to an outlying area if you choose to.

It appears that you flip a coin anytime you log out, or crash (in the current 12/20/2012 build); lose the coin toss and you log back in without anything in your bank, as well as losing everything but the basic weapons from your inventory as well...tools included. Fun, fun, fun!

- Wildcard / Tiernan
KGB Champion
KGB Champion
How do you portal somewhere else? Too many people in the starting areas for me.

Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I think you have to follow the tutorial thing on the left to make the barriers disappear, the last one instructs you to follow the path to find leather huts or something, I was bored, wandered, saw a cave with mobs went in it. At the bottom is the portal, underneath a dragon. There are lots of things to use as cover to get to the portal.

You'll end up in your racial capital.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
You actually get a portal stone when you start the game that allows you to port to someone on your friends list. To bad that everything gets wiped when you log/crash so you lose it.

Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
It wiped this morning and with my new character I was able to put something in the bank and it was there when I relogged. But that doesn't tell me if the bug is fixed or just not happening with my new character, as it didn't happen to my eu character before.

I just read someone say they lost their stuff after a crash....

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
bleh ill play very casual until this software test is more stable im not putting effort into anything. i have the same problems ismash does ive managed to kill a few ediots but anyone not wanting to die can jus run. warriors r super tanks when geared with even shitty gear. magic missile is useless in pvp dont waste ur time the players regen faster then u can kill them with it. range combat is hard mode big time fuck it ill just hide behind shit and hit people with 2h swords.
melee wayy over powered but towards the end of dfo it was melee that was on top anyways.
ive been chased by a few players i was on mjy mount the other night and 2 dudes almost took my mount on with archery. so archery will have its day again but b more for those twitch players with amazing skills. hehe anyways game is a fucken bug crash fest and the world is empty of content so no point in doint anything other then killing people.

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood

I just read someone say they lost their stuff after a crash....

Blah...all my inventory / tools / bank are gone after a normal logout earlier today. I'll be playing very infrequently until they get that fixed. Hard to ever get anywhere when I lose my weapons, tools, and money every time I log out. Hehehehe.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard