KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#111834 12/25/12 05:38 PM
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
if there is a fight going on and your guild mates are chasing and killing or dying to enemies still
quite simply it is not time to loot

doing so will probly get you attacked by friendlies at times..
just saying i know myself i have attacked guild members looting who where standing in range of the fight i was in

dont do it
loot is for after the smoke clears yes some people will loot it if its not kgb i dont care.
if your hard up and need supplies i will find them for you and im sure a slew of other guildies would do the same

the only way id tolorate combat looting is if you currently have no gear in bank ready to go and your looting your own corpse.
if you have a bag ready to go equip it and get back to the fight if possible.
gear loss is a way of life as well is acruing loot from enemies loot comes and goes show class and dedication to the fight and dont combat loot your friends and clan members will respect you for it

anyone who would like to add to this subject feel free

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
What if (as we've seen in the past) you are not able to get to the fight after re-equipping due to distance. I mean you die, and would have considerable distance to go back for a "ready bag".

Fighting naked does no one any good either, and looting to get back into a fight is common among other clans who practice heavy open field fighting, especially for arrows or regs, or a weapon and some armor. If you don't open field loot as needed, what eventually happens is your strength on the field slowly trickles away as one by one people are forced to fall to the rear to re-equip and those few still up front get over powered and fall out numbered.

I am just asking not criticising, and am not advocating the combat looter, just posing a opposite perspective.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
First world problems.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This is really a hard subject to address and frankly it piss’s me off to even have to. I have had a lot of complaints about KGB battle looting and it is hard to deal with as a leader – especially when we aren’t the biggest kid on the block. What do you do, side with the complainer when the KGBer has some good story while he needed/deserved the loot (they always will)?

I have seen many perspectives. I have had rl friends complain about getting dry looted by KGB just outside Andruk walls while they are there trying to loot their own corpse during battle, as well as got complaints from more than one allied SG’s. I have also seen SG’s from trusted allies walk up and look in my corpse. However even though I take insane amount of regs I have ran out of some and think I am not going to loot any corpse for some? Or maybe we can just share in the middle of battle? Or perhaps one should leave battle go and farm mobs? Should KGB just leave the all the loot and let all the others get it? That is partly why others were wearing infernal when I wore bone.

There is no one “well hell everybody will be happy” solution. My short version if the leaders should earn their pay by trying to keep allies happy, make sure KGBers are not blowing off battle for war trophies, and be aggressive on correcting any problem with individuals. Starting with sponsorship…. What they see another do they may try to dup and not see the diff… for instance if I saw Rep’s corpse – an SG from a large ally I would run up and loot it if I could, I think/hope he would do the same for me… if a new guy saw that they make not realize the difference between looting a friends corpse to return their shit from collecting loot. Some of us as individuals would not be questioned by allies for our actions because of respect already earned; while others doing the same thing would be an issue… we should work on getting that way as a clan…

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
well said, I agree 100%. You'll make a fine KGB Duke one day :)

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
exactly

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
kind of off subject but when the call goes out to loot someone after a fight or during a fight when they have no way of getting to a bank dont stand over the corpse for 2 minutes deciding what to take loot it get back into the fight then sort it into the guild bank later. I saw people picking and choosing what to take from a corpse after we took out who cares's bank and I too am in agreement about being seperated from a group and having to fall back due to enemy forces between you and your guildies, why not grab a couple sets of armor while your sneaking back towards a bank to donate to others who need it. Over all it should just be common sense not to neglect your duties but if your not in a situation to clear single targets on your own and you wont be able to regroup why not get some gear for the guild to use.

Last edited by Ifantis; 05/31/13 07:58 PM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have been in certain circumstances where we drop in to fight, then retreat after inital losses. In these cases I loot any ally that I HAVE TIME to. Usually this is during the inital call for the retreat. This is the only time I loot and wanted to know your thoughts on it. Also I ahve sucessfully returned bags to clan mates.

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
During last nights fights, they literally said during retreats or fall backs we should be combat looting.

I think you are okay!

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ya I was thinking about this one. If we could add an exception for at least clan mate looting (and returning) in a fight.

Link Copied to Clipboard