KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
chrisbcfc
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,870 Trump card
1,341,122 Picture Thread
479,058 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Getting into the game is A LOT easier. There are some lag issues, but at least now the game is stable enough to play and really test things. It seems to be getting better everyday, even though logging off or crashing can lead to your bank being wiped. But we have over came that and seem to have taken care of and figured out how to work around some issues.

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The game is still grindy as shit. I'm out.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Arkh I am worried about this going back to an afk macroer grind game. If it is I won't be playing past launch.

But right now the login issues are fixed and everyone can get in the game. Right now they are having desync issues that get progressively worse the longer the server is up, memory leak maybe? Once they get that nailed down and really fix the persistence issue with people's inventory and personal bank we can start to test the systems.

There will be multiple wipes so don't get too attached to anything. We are using the clan banks to offset the personal bank issue but inventories lost on crashes can be frustrating, don't carry stuff you don't have to drop it in the clan bank.

We had some great fights right after the last wipe with a 4 vs 7 at a chaos bank where they hit us the moment Mor was trying to form the clan. We actually beat them as a couple hours old nubs.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i dunno how much your going to macro grind past the 4 or 5 general spells just to get them higher i was running a loop on 3 spells last night to grind em up while running around for chaos chests

past that and crafting 100 swords at a time im unsure where afk macroing will come into play.
i thought they made blood walls ect not usefull anymore in df1 by removing exp gains from hitting the same player over and over or something its been years tho i could be imagining it

Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Morlander

i thought they made blood walls ect not usefull anymore in df1 by removing exp gains from hitting the same player over and over or something its been years tho i could be imagining it

What they did was make experience gains 6X more on mobs. But the really is you can beat on somebody in safety more in the same period of time than constantly re-gearing trying to level on mobs. But blood walls did die when they increased gains on mobs. What really stopped it was everybody got maxed, than your finger speed/aim is the only thing that matters (both of which I suck at).

I personalty would rather macro than put in more hours than I have to give farming mobs. Grinding has been with us since the first mmo... I grinded several 7X in pac... maybe one ore two before I ever used a macro or razor, any thing like that.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood
Originally Posted By: Morlander

What they did was make experience gains 6X more on mobs. But the really is you can beat on somebody in safety more in the same period of time than constantly re-gearing trying to level on mobs. But blood walls did die when they increased gains on mobs. What really stopped it was everybody got maxed, than your finger speed/aim is the only thing that matters (both of which I suck at).

I personalty would rather macro than put in more hours than I have to give farming mobs. Grinding has been with us since the first mmo... I grinded several 7X in pac... maybe one ore two before I ever used a macro or razor, any thing like that.

i could not agree more

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
There will still be some sort of grind with it. But it won't be near as bad as DF1. I'm already in the 40's with the Greatsword, that's while fighting through some crashes. You hit mobs outside the protected area's and the gains seem to be really good. So there is some sort of reward for the risk now it seems. The Beta is still shaky, so the more they work through the bugs the better it should be. Right now it's tough to say how launch will be, they could change some things either for the better or the worst. We will have to wait for launch to see how it will be then.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
My game philosphy is this: you can have grind for a lot of things (quests, crafting, building cities, cool looking shit).
But not for PvP things. I won't pay a monthly fee for a game where a jobless living from other people money has the advantage because he can play 20 hours per day while I have a couple hours. Fuck this.
I don't want to pay for a game where I can't tell a friend "try this game, I'll give you some items and you'll be settled to kick ass".

I stopped playing any MMO between SB and DFO1. I have no problem playing 0 MMO for years if none implements what I like.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i think any mmo will be like that honestly
some people have no life some people do
only way to get away from having the advantage from time played is battlefield esque where u start with a standard setup but even thats changing and you have to unlock shit in those games by playing
but pretty much every game online is based off time played for rewarding skills weapons ect
i dont see a way around that and i dont see it changing.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
If any of you are reading the beta boards there are many vets crying bitter tears over the "dumbing down" and "slowness" of combat. These are the same people who are uber in every game; they have the time, money, and inclination to put into the game. They discover broken mechanics and exploit them- remember when you could fire all your rays at the same time? Remember how some guilds had seemingly infinite amounts of money a week after launch?
I have a family, and will not be putting that much time, money, and effort into the game. I will play it every chance I get, however, because there is nothing else out there like it.
It's not for everyone- you need to have a high threshold for self-abuse. But when you down one of the ubers it makes up for the 30 times you got killed.

I think the new combat system is going to reward teamwork and group composition much more than the old system.

If you decide you want to play one class and not craft, you are going to have like 15 skills to "grind". Each additional class you pick is going to add like 8 more skills- there is a bit of overlap. From what I've seen, the skills level up pretty quick. You can probably do it in half the time it takes to get a WoW toon to 85- maybe less than half. If that sounds like too much, I would not recommend playing. To me, it sounds wonderful.

Don't worry about the elite- they will always be elite. If you chose to play any competitive game, you will encounter them.

KGB Darkfall
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard