KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#108992 11/17/12 04:40 PM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Time for KGB to make decisions, time for choices, time for commitments, time for one to stand among many, time to serve. Or to be not of greater make and strength of will, to fall to the void, and be as uncounted before your fellow Knights. To show thine self a phantom as before all the light of our fellowship. Cowering before the throne of our High King in abject guilt or manifest pride, recoiling in absence before the splendor of battle and our righteous banner. Stand for something or stand for nothing, in the end it is a monument of alabaster and granite broken upon an alter of sacrifice and dedication which stands testament to our deeds, not that of the Knight but that of camaraderie and determination. Or cast aside you're sword, and worry not as I ready the line and stay your place of glory for another.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #109004 11/18/12 07:42 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I've already purchased the game and plan on checking it out in further detail.

Played the first day of beta; it was a bit chaotic at first but see lots of fun potential with it.

Like the good doctor says, "Beer's good for whatever ale's ya!"
Drakiis #109006 11/18/12 10:14 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Today's meeting is going to help us make our final decision.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Drakiis #109015 11/18/12 02:27 PM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I get epileptic when I am simultaneously hit with flashing animated beer gifs

Drakiis #109016 11/18/12 02:29 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
a player posted this about PS2, i think its true to several games

Quote:
For a while now I'm reading people complaining how PS2 is "just another shooter, but with larger maps", how there is no meaningful progression or "end-goal", as well as other equally horrible faults that completely and utterly mean to paint the game as the same-ol-same-old crap shooter that will leave no trace in the minds of any serious players. Weirdly enough, if you take your time to look at who points out these faults, you'll find out they are originating mostly out of people who predominantly play alone or in very compact and disorginized groups. Naturally, when faced with the realities of a highly teamplay reliant game, they get overwhelmed by the inability to accomplish any and all tasks by their own, which leads to frustration, leading to baseless crying. You can recognize one of these people through the following telltale signs:

- they cry about armour being OP;
- they cry about AA being OP;
- they cry about their favourite class not inherating other classes abilities;
- they cry about zerging;
- they cry about the inability to backhack;
- they cry about the ability to backhack.

Generally, they cry about all subjects that require a healthy squad composition to assume control over. Since they cannot ever do so within the limits of their a-social environment, they naturally blame the game for their own downfalls. If PS2 does not allow them to be jack of all trades at all times and dominate all aspects of the battlefield all at once, there clearly is a problem.

Which sort of leads to the other recurring complaint, namely - the lack of any longevity in the game. Which is, of course, again brought on by an environment of self-limitations and close mindedness. It is - again - natural for people to fail and grasp the game beyond the several attachements and certs they want to achieve, when territory has little significance to them as individuals, and they can't really share the joy of any other type of meta achievemnts with others. The last being to challenge not only yourself as a part of a well oiled machine of doom, but to bring your outfit to the very edge of what's humanly possible within the constraits of the game and come out on top. Because only through actual coordination you can truly "beat" the game at its highest playing field.

Planetside 2 is an elaborate game of rock-paper-scissors. It shines when you reach that point where you can bring out a whole set of tools to help you out and match them against the opponent's arsenal - then it becomes a battle of true tactical wit and player skill. And it gets old really soon if all you can ever bring is rock.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Drakiis #109018 11/18/12 02:35 PM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Good post Mithus, thank you Brother.

Link Copied to Clipboard