Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB

KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 21 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,044,908 Trump card
1,344,878 Picture Thread
481,901 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
How about we start paying the bills right now, and not when some arbitrary "standard of excellence" is met. All of these "how about" are usually nothing more "but I don't want to pay".

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Like I have said before, it comes down to trust. Trust that the money would be applied towards the deficit, for example... and not simply dissapear into some random "emergency appropriations bill" , or invoked clause of a prior bill or etc.

Trust that govt wouldnt use the additional money to invade Syria or Iran. Trust that Bernanke would stop the dollar printing presses. Trust that the money is not just dissapearing into the void.

Trust that the govt, whether run by Dems or GOP wouldn't instantly shovel any new revenue to some new form of corporate welfare.

Whether we pay first or whether we cut first is sort of immaterial, the basic problem is trust. Both parties have shown over the prior decade that they absolutely cannot be trusted to show even a basic level of honesty, decency, or good sense. Something needs to happen to restore some level of trust, before many people are going to voluntarily open their wallets to govt - whether or not it is needed to address the fiscal issues. Because all many people hear when the govt says "we need more" is "we need to spend more" , regardless of what the pols say the money is for. Pols may say "its to reduce deficit" , but at this point - many of us just assume they are flat out lying,and no such thing will occur.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Trust? Well, I don't trust your (plural use) kind to not leave my kind, and our children, with unpaid bills. The bills is due right now, pay up.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
How about we start paying the bills right now, and not when some arbitrary "standard of excellence" is met. All of these "how about" are usually nothing more "but I don't want to pay".
No one said anything about any standard of excellence. All I said is that the government has to prove that its willing to do its 90% part before we are willing to do our 10% part (since we've been footing the bill for the past century). You still haven't provided any reason that won't work.

How about this? Government can raise our taxes by 1% for every 10% of actual, real money (not accounting tricks), budgetary cuts.

Last edited by Kaotic; 10/15/12 10:38 AM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Trust? Well, I don't trust your (plural use) kind to not leave my kind, and our children, with unpaid bills. The bills is due right now, pay up.

I just dont understand why you want to focus on the taxpayer, instead of on honest govt. If the govt decides to take our money, we dont have much choice in the matter. However, since we are basically, for most intents and purposes as far as fiscal matters go, a one-party system now... getting anyone in govt to uphold their word is a seeming impossibility.

Since you yourself admit that govt is responsible for 90% of the share... instead of mindless snark at people who think getting the govt to actually perform the 90% of its share is important.. it would seem logical that your efforts would be focused on getting the 90% fixed ASAP instead.

/shrug

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
If the govt decides to take our money, we dont have much choice in the matter.

We actually do. Especially your side voted in a bunch of bozos that made the worst and most inept congress in the history of congress, the same guys that would rather see US default or run us off the fiscal cliff than collect more taxes.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
How about we make the first 90% of cuts before we ask the American people to pay more? The government needs to prove to us all that they are serious about cutting the deficit before we can get behind greater confiscation of our income.

B I N G O

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

We actually do. Especially your side voted in a bunch of bozos that made the worst and most inept congress in the history of congress, the same guys that would rather see US default or run us off the fiscal cliff than collect more taxes.

Nah, the most inept congress in history was the 2008/2010 congress. After that congress I dont see how anyone could ever hate gridlock ever again. Reid and Pelosi had to be stopped at any cost, and thats just a plain fact.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight

Nah, the most inept congress in history was the 2008/2010 congress. After that congress I dont see how anyone could ever hate gridlock ever again. Reid and Pelosi had to be stopped at any cost, and thats just a plain fact.

+1 by any standard of measurement

spent the most in history? check
zero budgets passed? check
nationalization of 1/6 US economy? check
biggest single cut to medicare in history? check
richest member of congress as speaker of the house? check
tied for shortest term as speaker? check

also, now that obama has officially raised the debt more in 4 years than bush did in 8, get off your high horse. or give him equal time in your bitchfests

KGB Darkfall
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
It is amazing to watch mental gymnastic these so-called "fiscal conservatives" would go to avoid paying taxes.

This just in - you are no fiscal conservative unless you are willing to address revenue side of the deficit.

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard