KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
With Mr. Ryan getting VP pick for Romney's campaign, that is otherwise devoid of any kind of policy, it is safe to assume that Ryan's budget and economical policy will be what this election is going to be about. So lets talk policy.

Ryan's plan calls for a number of austerity measures with steep cuts in spending, but also proposes a large cuts in already historically low taxes. Tax Policy Center predicts that Ryan's plan will reduce revenue by about $4 trillion over next decade and cut taxes in half for the top 1% . How is that suppose to reduce deficits or help the middle class?

Ryan's plan calls for switching Medicare to voucher system and getting them to buy their own insurance. Big question, is who is going to insure such at-risk population _individually_ ? Now this voucher program is where bulk of savings coming from, if this removed $4 trillion projected deficit will only go up.

So to me this looks like a version of Bush's cut & spend, minus "compassion". Instead it will be mostly throwing elderly under the bush to give cuts to the rich.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
What really irks me is Ryan's plan proposed privatization of Social Security. Whatever your political views, you might even think that what I described above is somehow a good idea. One point is undeniable cronyism - Social Security, that you currently cannot opt out of, once privatized will be direct outlay to the Wall Street out of every paycheck of every working individual in the country. Lets call it what it is - Ryan's proposing Goldman Sachs tax.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The Brave and Serious Mr. Ryan.

Quote:
1) A plan to deal with budget problems that says virtually nothing about military spending is neither brave nor serious. That would be enough to disqualify it from the "serious" bracket, but there's more.

2) A plan that proposes to eliminate tax loopholes and deductions, but doesn't say what any of those are, is neither brave nor serious. It is, instead canny -- or cynical, take your pick. The reality is that many of these deductions, notably for home-mortgage interest payments, are popular and therefore risky to talk about eliminating.

3) A plan that exempts from future Medicare cuts anyone born before 1957 -- about a quarter of the population, which includes me -- is neither brave nor serious. See "canny or cynical: take your pick" above.

4) A plan to reconcile revenue and spending, which rules out axiomatically any conceivable increase in tax rates, is neither brave nor serious. Rather, it is exactly as brave and serious as some opposite-extreme proposal that ruled out axiomatically any conceivable cut in entitlement spending or discretionary accounts.

5) A plan to reduce the federal deficit by granting big tax reductions to the highest-income Americans, at a time when their tax rates are very low by historic standards and and their share of the national income is extremely high, and when middle-class job creation is our main economic challenge, is neither brave nor serious. See "cynical," above.

6) A plan that identifies rising health-care costs as the main problem in public spending, but avoids altogether the question of how to contain those costs, is neither brave nor serious. This is a longer and more complicated discussion (see below*); but I submit that the more closely anyone looks at the Ryan plan, the less "serious" it will seem on this extremely important front.

7) A plan that reduces, among other things, research on future energy sources and technologies by about 85% may be "brave," but it's also crazy and short-sighted.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sinij
What really irks me is Ryan's plan proposed privatization of Social Security. Whatever your political views, you might even think that what I described above is somehow a good idea. One point is undeniable cronyism - Social Security, that you currently cannot opt out of, once privatized will be direct outlay to the Wall Street out of every paycheck of every working individual in the country. Lets call it what it is - Ryan's proposing Goldman Sachs tax.

Honestly I have not read the fine print on the plan. As you put it, I would agree with you. What I am uncertain of at this point is how much control the individual would have over their retirement plan. If there was freedom of investment, you simply *had* to invest something toward retirement... I would be OK with that. Sure, the masses would still fork over cash to Sachs and their ilk... I would be investing in mines, wells, forex and land.

I am pretty certain I can invest for my retirement better than either the Govt or Wall St.

If the privatization of SS was a forced matter though, and you had to funnel your cash to a certain handful of connected Wall St firms ( which is entirely possible that it would work that way sadly enough) then I would tend to agree with you.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Mitt Romney Would Pay Less Than 1 Percent in Taxes Under Paul Ryan's Plan

Not that Romney paid any taxes prior to 2010, but this is ridiculous.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Interesting. I need to read the details on Ryans plan sometime, I previously only got the gist not the whole thing.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am actually very glad Ryan plan will enter national debate, Republican Congress got too many passes for basically proposing this "all you can eat" conservative agenda budget as a fiscally conservative salvation for the nation... all while their plan is nothing but more deficit spending.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Originally Posted By: sinij
One point is undeniable cronyism - Social Security, that you currently cannot opt out of, once privatized will be direct outlay to the Wall Street out of every paycheck of every working individual in the country.

As you put it, I would agree with you. What I am uncertain of at this point is how much control the individual would have over their retirement plan. If there was freedom of investment, you simply *had* to invest something toward retirement... I would be OK with that.

I'd be OK with that too, but wasn't Conservative's #1 objection to Obamacare was individual mandate? How can you reconcile that opposition with what is in the best-case-scenario will end up individual mandate?

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you said something negative about the Dems like you do the Rep I would take you some what serious, the fact that people still reply to you only makes you keep posting left leaning reporting.

And when does it matter what the VP says, none of them have any power to do anything about it.

Last edited by Helemoto; 08/12/12 12:27 PM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
you keep posting left leaning reporting.

Yes, so much left-leaning reporting, like Ryan's VOTING RECORD.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard