KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Did a roving band of Repblicans catch you and rape you one dark night?
Your hate will burn you up.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
No, but they are raping US as we speak.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
What Paul Ryan’s budget actually cuts — and by how much.

Quote:
Ryan claims he can meet the country’s needs by cutting back on “imprudent, irresponsible, and downright wasteful spending,” though it’s not clear what waste Ryan has in mind.

Waste indeed. Read more for more detailed look into what might get cut.

Last edited by sinij; 08/13/12 10:43 AM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
You know I rarely post on this forum and usually can not stand anyone's un-educated "I speak the facts" opinions.

But I'm scared of this guy... I would say I'm a bit more liberal than conservative but this guy is extreme nazi style conservative. While I may not appreciate every aspect of Obama and Romney... but this VP choice has to be as bad as Sarah Nailin Pailin.

Yikes!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
So, what is your conclusion?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Liberals are mostly right, but newer versions of Ryan's plan are less harsh on poor than earlier versions.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Don't many of these quotes directly refute the arguments you've made in the past?

"...Some of the cuts affect discretionary spending, which does benefit low-income people, even if it's in an inefficient way...

...one response to [your claim] is that a strategy that focuses on cutting spending should give you better long-term growth than one that relies on tax increases. Tax increases slow growth more than spending cuts. So, in the long run, [Ryan's plan] makes the pie bigger...

...Medicare changes [acknowledge] the fact that we clearly have to balance Medicare spending and revenues. It's not responsible to think this is only going to be addressed by spending...

...I think [liberals] are focusing too much on the version that included Social Security reforms and the zeroing out of capital gains taxes. Otherwise, I just think there's a tendency to treat existing programs as sacred, and there's no way we can cut them..."

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Don't many of these quotes directly refute the arguments you've made in the past?

Not really.

>>> low-income people are affected <<<"...Some of the cuts affect discretionary spending, which does benefit low-income people, even if it's in an inefficient way...

>>> Speculation <<< ...one response to [your claim] is that a strategy that focuses on cutting spending should give you better long-term growth than one that relies on tax increases. Tax increases slow growth more than spending cuts. So, in the long run, [Ryan's plan] makes the pie bigger...

>>> Agree with the problem, but not solution <<<...Medicare changes [acknowledge] the fact that we clearly have to balance Medicare spending and revenues. It's not responsible to think this is only going to be addressed by spending...

>>> I acknowledged this in the post above <<< ...I think [liberals] are focusing too much on the version that included Social Security reforms and the zeroing out of capital gains taxes. Otherwise, I just think there's a tendency to treat existing programs as sacred, and there's no way we can cut them..." [/quote]

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
>>> low-income people are affected <<<"...Some of the cuts affect discretionary spending, which does benefit low-income people, even if it's in an inefficient way...
Key word: BENEFIT

>>> Speculation <<< ...one response to [your claim] is that a strategy that focuses on cutting spending should give you better long-term growth than one that relies on tax increases. Tax increases slow growth more than spending cuts. So, in the long run, [Ryan's plan] makes the pie bigger...
So, if he disagrees with your world view, his ideas are speculation? There is ample proof over the last 3 decades alone, that lowering taxes increases, not only economic growth, but also tax revenues. If you want to ignore that because it doesn't fit your world view, then just say so and we'll quit talking about it.

>>> Agree with the problem, but not solution <<<...Medicare changes [acknowledge] the fact that we clearly have to balance Medicare spending and revenues. It's not responsible to think this is only going to be addressed by spending...
What then do you propose?

>>> I acknowledged this in the post above <<< ...I think [liberals] are focusing too much on the version that included Social Security reforms and the zeroing out of capital gains taxes. Otherwise, I just think there's a tendency to treat existing programs as sacred, and there's no way we can cut them..."
Really? At what point have you ever made allowances for cutting anything other than defense?

Right now in our country nearly half of our citizens pay nothing in federal income taxes. Tell me, who will pay for their social programs when those of us who produce decide we've had enough and take our ball and go home? Or better yet, your utopia is realized and the government manages to regulate every successful enterprise out of business. Who then will pay for medicaid, social security, welfare, etc?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard