KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,788 Trump card
1,336,928 Picture Thread
476,968 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20
Sini #103101 08/12/12 12:26 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
You may think I am stupid, but it is the second four years where a president has nothing to lose where they have the most influence and will go with their gut and real core values.

My personal political views are much more liberal (Duh!), and in line with Obama's. The social issues, human rights, and the infiltration of the religious right into our laws are just plain scary to me.

Watching the Koch brothers funding Citizens United and buying Clarence Thomas right in front of our faces is a prime example of what I personally want to fight against.

Justices Thomas and Scalia have both been frequent guests of the Kochs. Between 2003 and 2007, Virginia Thomas, wife of Justice Thomas, was paid $686,589 by the Heritage Foundation, which was funded by David and Charles Koch.

These are the same guys planning on spending $400,000,000 on electing the Romney team.

To me, the choice is totally clear.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Sini #103105 08/12/12 03:07 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sinij
Well I can see your position more clear now - Every president, based on actions of their administration, since Reagan was/is evil. I will admit this is a very consistent view. I even agree with you in principle. Unfortunately I do not think that our modern political system could produce anything else. This was also the reason I was rooting for Ron Paul, despite disagreeing with him on a large number of issues. Despite knowing that there is no way he would ever get a nomination.

Do you think Romney, given that he also very likely going to be considered evil by application of this standard, is likely to be more or less evil than Obama?

Thats the great question of the day. My general position is that he is more deserving of the chance because it is not yet known that he will be.

As I said earlier, I put it at about 80% that Romney would be as bad. It would be 100% except he is independently wealthy and Mormon. So he may not feel as much like he has to succumb to outside pressure and actually surprise some people with some honest govt.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
JetStar #103106 08/12/12 03:16 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: JetStar
You may think I am stupid, but it is the second four years where a president has nothing to lose where they have the most influence and will go with their gut and real core values.

My personal political views are much more liberal (Duh!), and in line with Obama's. The social issues, human rights, and the infiltration of the religious right into our laws are just plain scary to me.

Watching the Koch brothers funding Citizens United and buying Clarence Thomas right in front of our faces is a prime example of what I personally want to fight against.

Justices Thomas and Scalia have both been frequent guests of the Kochs. Between 2003 and 2007, Virginia Thomas, wife of Justice Thomas, was paid $686,589 by the Heritage Foundation, which was funded by David and Charles Koch.

These are the same guys planning on spending $400,000,000 on electing the Romney team.

To me, the choice is totally clear.

Honestly, after finding out that Obama is a pathological liar and an extremist at heart... the thought of 4 more years of Omaba "following his gut" genuinely terrifies me.

Plus I am not sure its true... yeah its "conventional wisdom" because it "sounds logical"... but looking back on the second terms of recent Presidents, I cannot say that you could actually make much of a case from empirical evidence.

Rather, the influence of corruption at the top has time to penetrate even further.. and entrenched folks who are temped to follow the dark path are emboldened to try.

In Obamas case, I think that Valerie Jarret and Eric Holder are genuinely terrifying people who need to be removed from the nexus of power ASAP lest they leave a legacy more damaging than Rove and Cheney.

Maybe the next guy will be as bad.... but I figure its better to find out sooner rather than later. Giving corrupt POS only 4 years at a turn instead of 8 might be small solace, but its probably the best that can be accomplished right now.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
JetStar #103112 08/12/12 04:08 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Derid
Honestly, after finding out that Obama is a pathological liar and an extremist at heart... the thought of 4 more years of Omaba "following his gut" genuinely terrifies me.

I don't think you're stupid for thinking that. Obama himself told Medvedev that exact thing when he thought no one was listening. I just hope that Derid's assessment is right and O was lying when he said it.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid #103113 08/12/12 04:24 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
As much as I dislike it, unfortunately sinij is correct here. I double checked Ryans voting record earlier and it is actually pretty damn shitty. A lot shittier than I expected TBH.

That's really discouraging.

Sini #103114 08/12/12 07:45 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm not a big fan of Ryan. Rubio would have been a better pick, and before people start saying he's not experienced enough need to think back 4 years ago to the shit sandwich that was voted in office.

Sini #103116 08/13/12 10:12 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
What about the Ryan pick?

Interesting political analysis. Choice quotes:

Quote:
The choice of Paul Ryan confirms that the main issue for Republicans is their party's identity, not Romney's character, competence of personality. The Ryan choice, first of all, gives Romney control of the Republican convention.

Quote:
If Romney is elected, he of course becomes the head of the party, the country, and for that matter the Free World. But many people are already suggesting that if he loses, Paul Ryan immediately becomes the de facto head of the party and an early favorite the next time round.

Quote:
A Romney defeat is guaranteed to start a civil war[within GOP].

[Linked Image]
Sini #103119 08/13/12 11:14 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:
Well then The Atlantic needs to get their heads out of their collective asses. What do they think the Tea Party movement is, if not a "civil war" over conservative principles and values?

Kaotic #103120 08/13/12 11:27 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Quote:
Well then The Atlantic needs to get their heads out of their collective asses. What do they think the Tea Party movement is, if not a "civil war" over conservative principles and values?

Tea Party taking over GOP will be the end of conservatism in our lifetime. They are socially conservative (god hate fags), fiscally irresponsible (get your hands off my medicare), don't understand how society works (cutting deps of education, EPA and a number of others).

Fortunately, Tea Party only popular with rural and old white crotchety man. Young, urban and ethnically diverse population will have none of that.

Have you see TV show Glee? That what voter of tomorrow will look like. Now try selling TP to them.

[Linked Image]
Sini #103122 08/13/12 12:57 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I dont think that your last post is particularly accurate. See huge crowds that Ron Paul draws. I think that a lot of young people are realizing that the cake is a lie, and so are all the promises made by Big Govt. I think that the Tea Party social conservativeness is vastly overhyped by the media.

Also, Glee? I have not seen it.. but nonetheless... I have never seen any TV show produced in my entire life that even marginally resembled reality in regards to how contemporary young people actually act or think.

Dept of education necessary for society? Not by a long shot. The EPA has a place in principle, but could certainly use a re-inventing.

I think your prejudices and assumptions are showing again.

Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard