Originally Posted By: Derid

1) Have you ever looked at a regulation, and thought maybe it was put in place not protect people from the "elite" but rather enacted on the behalf of various elites for the purpose of furthering their financial or political goals?

Yes, and it is still better than open season looting deregulation would cause. Regulation also gets torpedoed by lobbying, cronyism and revolving "consultant" door and blurred lines between regulators and industries. Still, we don't have better system and tearing it down before we have something better is fundamentally bad idea. What TeaParty trying to say is analogous "Sometimes Police is corrupt, so lets abolish police". You don't have to follow through with the plan to understand how monumentally bad this idea is. TeaParty isn't about "lets make regulation more effective", it is about "I don't want to pay taxes but expect same level of service (i.e. Medicare/SS)" through and through. Pure greed in other words.

Quote:
2) Do you think wealth is something that can be created, or is it something that exists independently and is simply to be distributed fairly?

In fiat money system wealth can be arbitrarily created out of nothing. If you remove monetary consideration and focus on more tangible (i.e. goods/food/service) then wealth has to be created via labor.

My turn to ask questions:

1. What do you think about trickle-down effect in "wealth creation" ?

2. Why do you think most corporations, along with CEOs, located in first world countries with high taxation and restrictive regulation and not for example in Cambodia or Somalia where they don't have to be concerned with any of it?

Last edited by sinij; 08/11/11 10:22 PM.

[Linked Image]