Sometimes you caught with your pants down ...

I use Darka's patented "Oh Shit" bag concept. I label mine "Scrub" ... these are minimal PvP bags & I try to keep at least 3 on hand at all times.

I pack 2-3 cooked fish, 50 arrows & a R40 (or better) low durability bow, black bolt w/ 10, 15 or 20 of each reg & a 2H weapon ... I am thinking a robe is best now, as trying to equip multiple pieces of armor (leather or studded) in a pinch just takes too long. I'd rather use that time to heal up & buff. And that is it, a simple "Oh Shit" bag.

It's pretty easy to traverse through the keep, peek around the corner & snatch a an "Oh Shit" bag ... run, hide, heal, buff & come out with ranged attacks.

Donk would yell "Top of the Keep" when a trip or intell indicated a raid was incoming. There are differences of opinion as to the top of the keep being the best strategy ... but regardless of "where", the idea was to have a well known rally point to settle down, self-buff\cross-buff & ready ourselves for the attack. We do not do this very well.

I tend to agree with the top of the keep, it gives us some extra time, as the raiders have to get into the city & up to the top of the keep (even if it is 3-5s more, that could be the difference of a buff or 2 of prep). We also gain a single entrance choke point where we can nuke away if the raiders are trying to breech our rally point ... but that is just my opinion.

I think most of us have fairly well established characters now, even me with my casual play .. I have sharpshooter in the 90s and a few magic schools\R50 nukes up over 75 ... even nekid, I am able to hit for 20-40 per hit at range, as long as I have the proper bow\arrows & staff\regs quickly at hand. If there are 1/2 dozen of us with "Oh Shit" gear .. focused targets will drop.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]