This is what happens when you threaten to stop the flow of spice to a Fortune 50 company.

It's like suppliers give two shits about the commercial contract they signed, its a pay me or I won't hold up my end of the agreement kind of world today.

Part of it is our fault. Some has been, retired now, Supplier Mgmt. dip shit, who didn't know anything about managing suppliers, decided to sole source the vast majority of the 787 and put all our eggs into one basket. Jesus, where were the MBA's going, "You can't intrinsically force that much risk into a development program. You must mitigate that risk by diluting the contractual needs between more then the sole source your proposing for our supplier base."

I mean holy crap, that's Jr. level 300 "Supplier Base Mgmt." class I took and just common sense honestly.

So now I have a major manufacturer in our supplier base challenging us to default them on there contract because they believe we can't go anywhere else and get what we need in the time frame we need it. While they are correct, we warned them several times of the putative damage they were doing, and any gains won by this process would be lost to the tune of 10x across there Corp.

Don't fuck with the Military/Industrial Complex Giant. They will take a huge steamer right on your $10B USD a year Corp. Just ask GE, we just got done with bitch slapping them over the engines, and there the other Giant in the Complex.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!