From personal experience when I went destroyer, now given this was fighting tox my archery versus his magic (mage killer and rank 60 bow (back when we were ND).

First go I went lightly armored to keep my archery encumbrance down....got destroyed.

Second round I went full plate, tox is no chump but he was below 1/3.

Third round critter or someone put the archery haste on me, he still won but by I would say my next hit MABEY two and I would have come out on top in pure magic versus archery against someone of higher skill than myself.

The encumbrance did lower my dmg a good 8ish pts per shot but I did not have feather enchant, however the dmg from magic migitated by my full plate in my opinion FAR exceeded the extra damage from my bow.

And i actually won against quite a few other casters, like i said Tox is a skilled player (above me) and would put spells in front of me versus on me that often hindered my vision.

I actually enjoyed it but after a siege or two I realised I could help more dropping my large aoes, that and I am not rich enough to pack more than mob dropped full plate grin