Question here, since i've never done it personally myself - or am lazy because of the half/conflicting information i've found.

A little background, I am switching to an archery/melee build recently because 1) I hate Magic even though I've leveled everything, that and my mana pool is low so once I kill a single person, i'm useless. and 2) I'm a huge FPS nerd so I have good aim and it's a waste on fireball-newb-of-death.

That being said, there are some suggetions on the DFO forums that leave me perplexed.

A lot of people switching to destroyer are doing Full-Plate w/ Feather + Bone to lower archery encumbrance, however I'm wondering why the hell everyone goes full-plate + bone- especially when sometimes they waste their enchants on dropped full plate? They must be getting only 13 to 15 elemental resists? Is that worth it?

To my understanding, you need 5 of each enchanting component and 1 catalyst for enchants right?

For a cost saver version, couldn't you just run Q1/2 Feather enchants on all your pieces of armor + rings/neck and get 0 Archery Encumbrance with a scale/plate mix?

I mean we have Oaklords which drop quartz and the catalyst, guards and naelids which drop the cinder and Q1 bone you can buy (or just do oathbounds sw of Kivit). So it's easy to get the mats for Q1/Q2 feather enchants.

Last time I checked, Q1 feather removes ~4 points of encumbrance right? So What? 10 slots 3neck.ring 5armor pieces = 100 of each reagent + catalyst = removes 40 encumbrance? Or whatever the hell slots we have on armor (I forget how many)

That's the same thing right? Not the most cost effective set int he world, but since we don't have a Q4/Q5 enchanter on prime time and/or I'm not made of money - it kind of makes sense. Plus, my reasoning goes, if all goes well and my aim stays true, I can switch to indestructable which gives me 20 + 7 = 27 resists on all elemental schools - which to a person with 25 or less elemental intensity, means they are doing 10-15 damage per fireball. Or I can just stay destroyer for the threat of close damage / actually rape people. (I'm only average on a good day at melee)

This is getting longwinded but bear with me here.

Any comments? I need confirmation on the enchanting shit cause I have no idea what i'm talking about, and I've never really enchanted shit so I don't know where to go from here. Hell, i'm thinking of picking up enchanting and doing Q1 and Q2s.

A little help please.

Thanks.

-Syloc

Former KGB Member