Maybe my analogy sucks, or maybe I see things different. I never said companies were not flawed. It is the employees who make the decisions and run the show. But the higher you go up the chain of employees, the more their job is dependent on that corporate stomach not going hungry. But you are still dealing with employees, not the corporation. The corporation is abstract.

I see the job market as a 'market' where employees get to shop and the Corporations get to try and lure potential employees into the doors. If the company sucks, the employee can move. I think the story supports that statement. Business are trying to find ways to keep their employees from moving to another job, but they've been doing that for decades. The fact that it is a story now means that it has been a while since they publish this story before. I've seen the same thing on 20/20, 60 minutes, other publications for my entire adult life. Where do you think company funded health benefits come from? That was the 40's and it was to lure and retain employees. But when it comes down to it, when times get hard, companies have no loyalty to anyone and will trim the fat to keep the money in the black because that is their only purpose for existence.

Anyways, the day is over at work and I need to get home to babysit my mahirim.