Here is a joke I learned a long time ago. I have heard a few variations of it, but this is the one I learned.

Quote:
Joe died and went to Heaven. He met St Peter at the pearly gates. St Peter says, "Hey Joe, I have you on the list to come in to Heaven, but you get to chose where you want to go. The Devil will take you on a tour of Hell before you make a decision."

The Devil pops out of an elevator and welcomes Joe with a firm handshake and an impish grin. Down they go to Hell where the Devil shows Joe where he will be staying, shows him that they have the latest in entertainment technologies, a great break area with swimming pool and vending machines and a 24 hours all you can eat buffet with everything Joe could desire. The temperature was a nice constant 78 degrees year round inside and a warm 85 outside. People were laughing, playing, and having an all around good time. Joe was thinking this was paradise and was the place for him.

So Joe goes back up to Heaven with the Devil and talks to St Peter. "St Pete, Hell ain't such a bad place. I think I want to go there instead." St Peter looks down at his sheet and checks off a box and says, "OK, if that is your choice."

Now Joe and the Devil go back down the elevator. The doors open up and a wave of heat slams Joe in the face. He hears screaming and crying. Little deamons with whips are terrorizing the residents of Hell. Joe asks, "What's going on? What happened to paradise."

The Devil replies, "Shut up Joe. You work for us now. Get to work."