DFO is still the best thing out there for everything Jet mentions.

Perhaps going into it without a huge set of expectations has given me more satisfaction as to the state of the game, just don't see how it is really "broken".

As a software dev for over 20 years ... my professional opinion is that the code base is stable and the network infrastructure is pretty decent ... patching works, lag is low, no "sb.exe" errors (hahaha), meaning disconnects\app hangs are a non-issue ... the game runs well on a modest gaming system ... these types of issues = a broken game, imo. Playing SB the first 6 months was painful experience .. not so with DFO.

... terrain issues, attribute\skill balancing, skill gain speed & items\economic issues can all be tweeked while the game goes on ... seems AV is moving along with bug fixes, additions & actually taking note of some of the louder suggestions from the user base, all positives in my book.

The grind is ... well ... the grind, way better than WOW, a bit better than SB & way better than 8x8 macroing in UO.

Agreed Shadowbane > Darkfall in many aspects & UO was > SB in some ... but DFO is not too bad, a bit of a mix of both.

I hope we can build up a solid KGB faction on NA ... if enough of us jump in & enjoy it, others may jump in.

I'm all in .. nothing close out there to this free wheelin' PVP play.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]